Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wells Fargo getting desperate?  (Read 578 times)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Wells Fargo getting desperate?
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:49:43 AM »
Back in 99 or so Wells Fargo bought out one our local small town banks. We liked that bank but once Wells Fargo took over it just went down hill. If I was short I could call the bank and say hey I got a bill is due and I'm short until Friday. Hold my check. No problem. They actually helped people. Wells Fargo was just in for the money. We got fees up the wazoo. So we moved to the bank down the street. Everything went back to busness as normal.

Fast forward to just recently when Wells Fargo got busted for all the fake accounts and other crap they were doing. That just confirmed what I already knew. They were crooks.

So the other day I seen a strange vehicle with Texas plates on the place. I went to the office to see whats going on. It was the head guy at our local Wells Fargo branch and what I suppose was one of his bosses. They were going around to all the farmers seeing if we wanted to borrow money. I literally laughed out loud and said yep they got all them fines to pay! Getting desperate!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Wells Fargo getting desperate?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »
It's not unusual to fire a bank & move to another. I'm just shy of 40 years of age and have done this 5 or 6 times. Of those 5 or 6 only one ever stole money from me & that was Wells Fargo. They still owe me $300 & I give them a ton of advertising for that $300

But on a similar note, large interstate banks are part of the problem. Allowing them to operate across state lines is not in our best interest. Keep that in mind for the future....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Wells Fargo getting desperate?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »
Wells Fargo local branch refused to let my wife close a checking account that had like $100 in it.  They required her to set up a special meeting with someone higher up to discuss her "options".  We were in the middle of moving and didn't have time for their sales pitch.  She withdrew everything except maybe $0.50.  A year later we got a call that her account had accrued a bunch of fees because they were charging her to keep the account open since it had such a little balance.  We explained that we tried to close it and were not allowed to.  They had the balls to ask us to pay money at this point to close the account.  I think the conversation ended with something like "shove those fees up your A$$".  Never heard from them again on that issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal