Hello Guest

Author Topic: Logical??  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Logical??
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:16 PM »
We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics,  but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few  lunatics.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Logical??
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
Agreed,  Much like Obama after Sandy Hook said, if we can save the life of just one child, it warrants restricting access to weapons, but when the cause of the loss of life is an illegal immigrant, keeping them out of the country with a wall is completely out of the question.  Kate Steinley anyone?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »
So lets also look at it this way.  The following is from Wikipedia and knowing its probably slanted, lets just go with the numbers they have in their entry.

Gun violence in the United States is a major national concern that results in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually.[1] In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens),[2][3] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 U.S. citizens).[4] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[5] 21,175 suicides,[4] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[4] Of the 2,596,993 total deaths in the US in 2013, 1.3% were related to firearms.[1][6] The ownership and control of guns are among the most widely debated issues in the country.

In 2010, 67% of all homicides in the U.S. were committed using a firearm.[7] In 2012, there were 8,855 total firearm-related homicides in the US, with 6,371 of those attributed to handguns.[8] In 2012, 64% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. were suicides.[9] In 2010, there were 19,392 firearm-related suicides, and 11,078 firearm-related homicides in the U.S.[10] In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving a rifle while 6,009 were reported involving a handgun; another 1,939 were reported with an unspecified type of firearm.[11]

Firearms were used to kill 13,286 people in the U.S. in 2015, excluding suicide.[12] Approximately 1.4 million people have been killed using firearms in the U.S. between 1968 and 2011, equivalent to a top 10 largest U.S. city in 2016, falling between the populations of San Antonio and Dallas, Texas.[12]

Lets review another statistic:  Medical errors account for 250,000 deaths a year.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us

So if 30,000 people die from firearms and more than 50% are suicide, so 15,000 murders a year with a firearm versus 250,000 medical errors. 

Why are the liberals so afraid of guns when they should be scared of doctors?

37,000 people die in car crashes each year.....no outcry there either.

So you tell me.  Is about guns or is it about control?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:07:28 PM »
It’s obviuosly about control. Once they have a true government run medical system, they control the greatest killing machine in the nation.  Even more efficient than the military.  :huh:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 11:38:45 PM »
I’m ok with there being no moderate Muslims and everyone believing there are no moderate gun owners.....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-04/turkeys-erdogan-there-no-moderate-islam

Btw, liberals want gun control. Meaning they are not against guns, they just want them in a select fews hands.......
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:40:48 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

OldKooT

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:25 AM »
When one starts out with a irrational thought.....anything that appears logical is also irrational. The game being....the more they want control, the more people fight it... good for sales.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »
I think I'll change the name of this thread to:

American Liberal Logic

Here's another puzzle which only makes sense to the Georgetown and Berkeley crowd:

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of  money.  But  we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of  money!
What's  interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second  didn't.
Think  about it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
Incorrect, some of them worked for it. Many on the dole never worked for it at all.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »
There's always "that one" ^^^^^^^

OK, then how about this:

Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our  military and cutting our army to a level lower than before  WWII, but we are  not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal  aliens.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
There's always "that one" ^^^^^^^

OK, then how about this:

Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our  military and cutting our army to a level lower than before  WWII, but we are  not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal  aliens.

Sorry, saw that mentioned here a couple times now. One of those people that never worked for it I know & it rubs me the wrong way.

I think we should start by removing the golden parachute our politicians get for “serving” us. That alone would save us how much annually?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal