TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

How do you store your weapons

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bigdave_185:
Bear,
What is the standing vertical pump action rifle? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear9350:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on April 08, 2022, 09:32:23 AM ---that look really nice Bear.  Might want to put a grid over the basement window to keep the skinny little crack heads from sliding through!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I haven't decided yet how I want to trim that window out yet.  When I do, I will also plan to add some type of grid or bar there.  As it sits right now, it would have to be a real skinny crack head to get in there so it doesn't need much.

Bear9350:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on April 09, 2022, 08:23:56 AM ---Bear,
What is the standing vertical pump action rifle? 

--- End quote ---

Remington 7600 in .270.  Was the first rifle I purchased myself (deer hunted with a shotgun that was my 12th birthday present for the first couple years).  For the most part it has been retired. Last year I had an older a lighter 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shortened to 18" and screwed my suppressor on for deer season and pulled a lpvo from my AR to top it off.  That was one really sweet setup for the short range type deer hunting around here.

dave945:
I’m not trying to stir the pot, just asking the questions that pop into my head, which admittedly can get pretty scary. You’ve got rock walls, a “reinforced” wall, metal fire door with associated locks.  First thing that popped into my head, how long would it take to cut through the above floor with a circular saw or reciprocating saw with a demolition blade?  We’re not looking to be pretty, just get in get shtuff and get out.  May be something you’ve thought of, maybe not. Just throwing it out there.

That all being said, it’s a really nice setup.

Bear9350:
Going through the 1st floor is certainly doable. While the interior walls are reinforced, they could be defeated with the correct tools also. It will slow anybody down, and your normal opportunistic thief likely won't be able to gain access.

At one point I had considered installing steel in the ceiling. The primary reason was more for fire protection then theft but it was considered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version