Hello Guest

Author Topic: A.I. is coming on fast  (Read 305 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A.I. is coming on fast
« on: December 03, 2023, 10:39:47 AM »
It looks like A.I. will soon become the dominant factor or player on the world's stage. Militarily, A.I. is advancing rapidly. I am now hearing the term "Autonomous Lethality" tossed around like a common buzzword. Of course, that means we hook up an A10 to a laptop and tell it to react to the situation and without significant oversight. No danger there, right?

We have already seen, several times where autonomous aircraft operated by us returned to notionally kill its operator, a US Airman because the drone saw the operator as an impediment to the drone fulfilling its mission of suppressing enemy air defenses. OK, who saw that coming?

But China and Russia and to a lesser extent, North Korea are pushing A.I. as hard as they can. That does not leave us room to throttle back and take a measured approach and field well-tested and vetted killing things. Nope, we are forced to stay ahead of the curve and that means we could be pushing ourselves and the world into the COVID-19 vaccine thing where the nearly mandated vaccine was forced upon us and now is proving to also be an effective killer of people. Too much new technology, too fast. It is starting to be a thing.

This is very concerning. War is going to expand. The Oppenheimer movie is now popular. We/he once thought if we developed nuclear bombs that the prospect of warfare would be all but eliminated. It would be too awful to contemplate. Does the world look like we adopted that approach at the present moment? I'll wager that concerning A.I.: Same-same.

Brace yourself because, like it or not, A.I. and all its unknowns are coming fast.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal