FOOD CORNER > Share Your Recipe

Good morning real men

<< < (2/3) > >>

cudakidd53:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on May 30, 2015, 11:07:35 AM ---Yep.  195-205 is my fighting weight. Sitting at 218 now.  I could carry 220 fine when I was lifting regularly.  I gave up weight training for cardio and push ups/pull ups/ and ab work.  And stretching. the other thing people forget as they get older.  I spend much more time stretching now than I ever did.

--- End quote ---

HA- at our age, everything is a STRETCH!  ;D

Flyin6:
I pulled a shoulder muscle the other day reaching for that third chocolate cookie!

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on May 30, 2015, 11:07:35 AM ---Yep.  195-205 is my fighting weight. Sitting at 218 now.  I could carry 220 fine when I was lifting regularly.  I gave up weight training for cardio and push ups/pull ups/ and ab work.  And stretching. the other thing people forget as they get older.  I spend much more time stretching now than I ever did.

--- End quote ---
Ahh yes...stretching.
I had/have some serious back issues, one herniated, one crushed disc right on top of each other.
As a result I suffer from cyanosis, the pinched cyatic nerve.
With months of ongoing treatments from physio, chiropractor, and hanging on the inversion table, I'm slowly getting feeling back in my feet. STRETCHING is very important in keeping the body in fighting form.
Well done on your losses to date and good luck with your goal.
I'm down to 240 myself, and also have another 20 to go.
I'd love to get further, but haven't been that light for 20+ years, so if I can get there we'll see what happens.

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on May 30, 2015, 11:27:26 AM ---I pulled a shoulder muscle the other day reaching for that third chocolate cookie!

--- End quote ---
Speaking of shoulder muscles, once mine were tuned up, and I got off the pain meds, that was when I discovered my feet tingled 24/7.
Not everything requires the knife, but you need to find the right folks to help you.

And breaky looks really good RN.

TexasRedNeck:
I'll post in personal fitness, but If I could have only one piece of equipment it would be "the wheel of death".  It is a lawnmower wheel on a stick basically.  From the kneeling position grasping both handles, keeping the torso rigid, extend out until your arms are outstretched and your torso is parallel to the ground and then return to the kneeling position.  That is the best core exercise you can get and it works wonders for my back.  The spine is a cantilevered bridge and it requires strong abs to balance the strong back muscles that we use more often than abs. 

I have some young fit nephews that talk smack until I get them in the floor and the old man makes them look silly.  They can't get 2 reps on the wheel without falling on their face. 

Like a former trainer of mine would say.  Without a strong core you are nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version