FOOD CORNER > Share Your Recipe

best soup I have ever had or made!

(1/2) > >>

Nate:
as the title says, best soup I have by far ever tasted or made for that fact.  Tracey actually gave me much praise for this.

1- 1 or several smoked chicken carcasses stripped of all meat with skin and all other parts in the pot. (I had one from the other night so?!)

2- one large onion roughly cubed

3- 6 large carrots rough chopped

4- 6 ribs of celery roughly chopped

5- garlic cloves to your taste

6- a good hand full of thyme

7- a good hand full of rosemary

8- a LARGE stock pot

9- approx. 2-3 gal water

10- salt and pepper to taste

11- 2-3 cubes chicken bullion (this will raise the sodium content of the soup!)

add all ingredients and boil for a few hours until water level has reduced by half or more.

refill with water and boil down again.

Nate:
once water level has reduced by half, place a strainer onto the top of another stock pot and dump contents of first pot thru strainer into second pot and add a can of tomato paste.

throw away remnants of initial pot

finely chop and brown (not sweat) the following ingredients in a large cast iron pan

1- 2lbs of ground 80/20 beef

2- 1.5-2lbs fresh ground pork

3- 1 really large red and green bell pepper

4- 1 really large yellow onion

5- 1 jar of fresh home canned sweet corn

6- 3 smallish russet potatoes (really finely cubed and soaked in water for about an hour.)

you will have to do in groups: 1. ground meats 2. onions and peppers 3. potato's then add corn

once all of the ingredients have been browned, add all to stock and bring to a rapid boil

once contents have come to a rapid boil, add minute rice (it took me about 4 cups) and turn off heat, cover and put on a cool burner

let sit for at least 5-10 min or until the potato's are soft.

serve in a bowl topped with sour cream (siracha is optional, but then again I love me some heat!)

Sammconn:
That sounds delicious n

BobbyB:
Almost looks like chili, but regardless sounds good. And I concur about the sriracha.

Flyin6:
^^^^Concur^^^^

Looks like a really tasty chili

Man that looks good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version