Hello Guest

Author Topic: A SOUPED-UP MALL CRAWLER 2  (Read 312 times)

Offline ohkasihkuusa

• Registered
  • YO KC
    • View Profile
A SOUPED-UP MALL CRAWLER 2
« on: February 05, 2023, 02:08:14 PM »
The first picture is my wheels and tire upgrades. I wish I could do all the installation myself to save some money but in this case, it's best to leave it to the professionals!

Mike Smith Firestone located at 227 State St, New Albany, IN 47150 was where I got the upgrades done. Ms. Mandee (dressed in an orange sweater in one of the pics) is such a helpful and wonderful lady at the front desk. She recommends many options for the tires. The final choice was 35x12.50x17R LT Maxxis Razr AT

As you may already know, I bought the AEV Savegre II wheels from Don, I added Terraflex 1.5 leveling kit to reduce the squatting in the front as well as 2" spacers to poke the tires out a bit. Although I loved that AEV wheels are designed to keep tires within the wheel wells, this Mall Crawler needs to have a more aggressive stance. I personally enjoyed the 37" tires but I don't want to regear as well as other expensive upgrades associated with it.

In order to get into the Jeep, I installed a set of M.O.R.E Hide-a-step which tucks away discreetly when not in use.

Even with the Tazer MINI to recalibrate the computer, my JTUR averaged about 13.5 to 14 mpg after the upgrade, down from 15. Oh well, that's the price to pay to drive a brick, I suppose.

The Mall Rated JT also features a foldable Softopper which houses my 5-year-old English Bulldog, Yang2.

I've recently solved the problem of mud, dirt, or rocks being propelled onto the side of the Jeep by reappropriating 2 pieces of plastic cutting boards.

You may notice the flare extensions. Those are from EZ Flares. I added those to prevent stuff from dinging the side of the Jeep.

I'm pretty much done with the upgrades. Right now, I'm just adding stickers that I designed.

Oh yes, almost forgot about, I also added a stepper onto the hitch.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 11:09:38 AM by ohkasihkuusa »
yeoh.com
'Design has to work, Art does not - Donald Judd

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal