Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327569 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13800 on: December 17, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »
No problem for the driveway, front is over dirt and it has gutters.

Like Meguiers, use the plastic polish all the time. In fact just did my driving lights.

Installed new SNGL LED headlights today. Supposed to be 2-3x brighter than my JDMs. Only issue was the Oring had to swapped and they adjust with a little allen wrench to be dead on straight. Kinda a pain really but look good so far.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13801 on: December 17, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »
No problem for the driveway, front is over dirt and it has gutters.

Like Meguiers, use the plastic polish all the time. In fact just did my driving lights.

Installed new SNGL LED headlights today. Supposed to be 2-3x brighter than my JDMs. Only issue was the Oring had to swapped and they adjust with a little allen wrench to be dead on straight. Kinda a pain really but look good so far.
More info on the lights JR please.
I’m not happy with my new ones.
I do need to properly aim them but they seem dim.
Could be the tinted housing but seems less than 50% of my 400k old ones.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: December 18, 2020, 01:15:12 AM »
The JDMs I have are what Don recommended and work just fine. Never a problem with them but I have found the LED tabs are not the same as the regular bulbs. The tabs are smaller for a more "universal" fit. Work OK, but a little fineness helps.

I watched a few vids and searched a few sights for bulbs. Some were better with reflector and some with projector. I even got a set of projector housings but you could not adjust the lights when installed. Some were cheap, some were crazy $$$$, same for the bulbs. I have the TYG on the truck now I got at ORiellys for about $60 each. I have found GMs for about $160 now and may try them later as my light pattern is not great, but they work OK.

I settled on the SNGL leds, which were #3 on the list, and I got the cheaper set at $60 vs $170 for the high end! The SNGLs were I think around 400% brighter than stock halogen and the JDMs were around 200%.

1; GTR Ultra 2
2; SV4
3; SNGL
4; SL1 Diode dynamics

Now there were 10 and the JDMs I have were not even on some lists. https://youtu.be/LT-s4Eg7cyw

I just finished installing and adjusting, heading to the ridge tonight so I will get to see how they work. Oh, and this is my second set as I could get the first set into the housing which I figured out was the ORing thickness, so I used the old ones. These also have a fan and can be a chore to get in. Pattern is way more square than the JDM, but neither are flat like you would think.

Tonight is the test. I really light good lights out there, probably as dark as your neck of the woods.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: December 18, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
Thanks. I’ll hold for a ride report then see what I can find.
I’m running only 35watt China junk and am considering trying 55’s but not sure it will solve the problem.

Oh, and another 6” of that dang white stuff overnight.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:51:54 AM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13804 on: December 18, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
Since I have had some “extra time” I started polishing the traverse so it’s in clean looking condition.   Not that it increases the value. 

It’s amazing what a 3000 grit pad and water does for simplifying this process.  As long as you have a good micro pad to buff the clear finish back up your golden.    Takes a lot of the factory orange peel texture out

Anyone interested in me starting a detail thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, ME!!!

I used to detail cars, what about 100 years ago, and meguires mirror glaze was the ticket back then.

I'd love to learn the new techniques, but also how to do a full "Paint correction," if you're in to that
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: December 18, 2020, 01:51:46 PM »
for everybody that donated using the PayPal link in the donations tab, please keep an eye on your accounts!  we had a member that got their PayPal account compromised!  Don and I have done some digging and have come to the conclusion that the breech did not come from our end.  I am putting this out there as a precaution so folks can keep an eye on their accounts.

this is cross posted as well to make sure the word gets out there!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13806 on: December 18, 2020, 03:53:01 PM »
Picked this rack up for $100.  Just like everything else exercise related....people are jacking the price up 3-4 times the retail price.  People are even trying to get above retail for some really beat up equipment... :facepalm:

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: December 18, 2020, 04:20:39 PM »
Nate, how big is your exercise room?  I’m planning to build one about 10x16 in the garage and wanted to see how big yours is for perspective.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: December 18, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »
Nate, how big is your exercise room?  I’m planning to build one about 10x16 in the garage and wanted to see how big yours is for perspective.

13' 6" x 14' 8"

Before you build one in the garage, find whatever rubber flooring your going to use and build it to that size so you dont have to cut the flooring to match.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: December 18, 2020, 07:18:18 PM »

13' 6" x 14' 8"

Before you build one in the garage, find whatever rubber flooring your going to use and build it to that size so you dont have to cut the flooring to match.
Didn’t think of that about the flooring, thanks for the tip. I can build it whatever size I need, the garage is only 6000 sqft, so I’m flexible. :)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13810 on: December 18, 2020, 07:29:32 PM »
Drove into lufkin to Home Depot and stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Had a funny vibration at 90. Couldn’t think of what it could be.

Then turning the corner.  Realized it was in 4w high

Oops.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: December 18, 2020, 07:31:18 PM »
 :knucklehead:

It’s amazing the things that turn up in 4WD at high speeds. 
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: December 18, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »
Yeah I thought it was a U joint.  Tate would laugh.

I’ll be in 2wd on the way back. Should clear triple digits with no vibration

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13813 on: December 18, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »

13' 6" x 14' 8"

Didn’t think of that about the flooring, thanks for the tip. I can build it whatever size I need, the garage is only 6000 sqft, so I’m flexible. :)

Dave, just be prepared for the cost of the equipment right now.  The supply system that was never designed for this massive demand is hanging on by a single thread.  I have a line on a lot of equipment, most of it is up your way, so if you need some assistance i can help you out.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: December 18, 2020, 09:28:09 PM »
Yeah I thought it was a U joint.  Tate would laugh.

I’ll be in 2wd on the way back. Should clear triple digits with no vibration

Did you encounter some snow on your way? 

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13815 on: December 18, 2020, 09:36:54 PM »

13' 6" x 14' 8"

Dave, just be prepared for the cost of the equipment right now.  The supply system that was never designed for this massive demand is hanging on by a single thread.  I have a line on a lot of equipment, most of it is up your way, so if you need some assistance i can help you out.
I’ve got some of what I need for now, need to pick up a new treadmill, a mouse took a sauna on the Control board of the old one and treated me to a whiff of burnt ozone.
Besides that I just need a bench and possibly an elliptical so one person can do treadmill and the other can do elliptical. I’ve got enough free weights to last me until the burgeoning market turns into a glut of used gear and I can pick it up at a better price.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: December 18, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »

13' 6" x 14' 8"

I’ve got some of what I need for now, need to pick up a new treadmill, a mouse took a sauna on the Control board of the old one and treated me to a whiff of burnt ozone.
Besides that I just need a bench and possibly an elliptical so one person can do treadmill and the other can do elliptical. I’ve got enough free weights to last me until the burgeoning market turns into a glut of used gear and I can pick it up at a better price.

:likebutton:

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: December 19, 2020, 12:26:39 AM »
Picked this rack up for $100.  Just like everything else exercise related....people are jacking the price up 3-4 times the retail price.  People are even trying to get above retail for some really beat up equipment... :facepalm:
We bought some bumper plates, 2-45 and 2-35, cost us 260, I think it was. They were new, and actually still in the box on the hex bar!

But yea people are willing to pay right now, so other people are willing to sell at high prices sadly.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: December 19, 2020, 09:13:07 PM »
I'll stay with Hay bails and feed bags for not. The cows become very taste if you feed them right.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: December 21, 2020, 12:13:46 PM »
On to the next one,  sneak peak

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: December 21, 2020, 09:21:57 PM »
On the way to pigeon forge Tennessee. Stopped for the night in Paducah Kentucky. Bunch of my family and in laws meeting there for Christmas. My wife's aunt and uncle from KY, my mother in law. My aunt and uncle from Nashville. My mom. My brother and his family from Florida are coming up also.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: December 21, 2020, 11:02:07 PM »
Welcome back to Kentucky Jon, safe travels the rest of the way.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: December 22, 2020, 07:34:19 AM »
Howdy Jon.  Been a long time since I’ve been to Pigeon Forge.  My wife and I were dating back then.  Is it still very commercialized?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: December 22, 2020, 09:34:19 AM »
Howdy Jon.  Been a long time since I’ve been to Pigeon Forge.  My wife and I were dating back then.  Is it still very commercialized?

What is pigeon forge?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: December 22, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »

What is pigeon forge?

It's next to the turkey anvil. Duh

;)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: December 22, 2020, 11:11:55 AM »
Ken’s been in the eggnog early....

It’s a town in TN. Home of Dolly World as in Dolly Parton.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: December 22, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »
Wow what is the idea behind a name like that.  Throw darts at a board with words on it?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: December 22, 2020, 08:02:53 PM »
Actually it’s named for a 19th century iron forge next to the little pigeon River- signed Cliff Clavin

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: December 22, 2020, 08:20:51 PM »
FRAGILE.....it must be italian

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: December 22, 2020, 08:21:56 PM »
Actually it’s named for a 19th century iron forge next to the little pigeon River- signed Cliff Clavin

I laughed out loud at this.....

My estranged in-laws live in Sevierville just north of Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13830 on: December 22, 2020, 09:11:57 PM »
FRAGILE.....it must be italian
Quite the Xmas bonus

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13831 on: December 22, 2020, 11:02:09 PM »

I see what you did there.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: December 23, 2020, 09:44:19 AM »

I laughed out loud at this.....

My estranged in-laws live in Sevierville just north of Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg.

I also chuckled heartily.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: December 23, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
Mounted a rocket launcher on the house.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:03:22 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: December 23, 2020, 10:20:35 PM »
Went out around town with all the extended family. This place is a tourist trap but we found some out of the way local stores. The next couple of days we probably won't leave the cabin. Just hanging out enjoying each other's company.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13835 on: December 24, 2020, 08:40:13 AM »
Well it’s brisk this morning.
I’m off for Christmas and have been since Friday last. But in to cook the crew steak and eggs for the last work day before Christmas. We only work a “half” day today and we always do a breakfast for the guys.

Oh yeah. The brisk part...

Sam

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: December 24, 2020, 09:56:38 AM »
I’m off for Christmas and have been since Friday last. But in to cook the crew steak and eggs for the last work day before Christmas. We only work a “half” day today and we always do a breakfast for the guys.

God love ya man!
And the rest of those eskimos!
Merrie CHRISTmas to y'all!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: December 24, 2020, 10:26:21 AM »

Man 39 ain’t so bad. It was 34 here this morning .....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: December 24, 2020, 10:37:45 AM »

Meanwhile we are in the 40-50 ish and it’s been nice

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: December 24, 2020, 10:41:39 AM »

Thats (negative/below zero) -39.... :grin:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: December 24, 2020, 01:18:00 PM »

Thats (negative/below zero) -39.... :grin:
;-)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: December 24, 2020, 02:15:22 PM »
I hate to sound like a broken record, but that eskimo guy really needs an updated evaluation. ;)

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: December 24, 2020, 02:44:27 PM »
I hate to sound like a broken record, but that eskimo guy really needs an updated evaluation. ;)
I’ll let you know when I break out my big coat then...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Even the skidoo didn’t care. -34 on the display when I hit the go button
Started right up.
It is a little brisk for two hours of trail dragging and hauling.

Merry Christmas all y’all!
God bless each and every one of you and you families
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 02:48:37 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: December 24, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
I was going to ask C or F but happens that -39 is -39 I’m either language

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: December 24, 2020, 03:56:25 PM »

Yep. Down right chilly.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13845 on: December 24, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »

Glad I didn't ask.lol

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13846 on: December 24, 2020, 07:33:23 PM »
Meanwhile, a little south of there, we’re seeing 65 at the coldest point of the night...

Merry Christmas everybody!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:34:49 PM by wyorunner »

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13847 on: December 24, 2020, 08:17:52 PM »

The actual cross over is -40...same-same F or C

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13848 on: December 24, 2020, 08:30:25 PM »
We just hung out at the cabin today. Turned out to be a White Christmas here after all. First Pic is our road out. Second is from the back deck.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13849 on: December 24, 2020, 09:02:55 PM »
We just hung out at the cabin today. Turned out to be a White Christmas here after all. First Pic is our road out. Second is from the back deck.

That’s beautiful Jon

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal