Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hello friends  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Hello friends
« on: September 24, 2021, 06:00:19 PM »
I know it has been a minute. Life has been ridiculous and crazy. I just wanted to let y’all know I hadn’t fallen off the planet. I check through the forums every once in a while. There always seems to be something in here I was looking for whether I knew it or not.

I transferred to another agency after almost ten years when some things I didn’t have the patience for began to happen and it was a great decision. However it is a much larger agency and the faster pace/high call volume led me to realize I wasn’t as mentally healthy as I needed to be.

I traded the tundra for a little Subaru and with the blessings of my wife (sorta) I took off in to the desert and Mountains of New Mexico for a couple of weeks. I came back a new man. Something about the mountains… I have a therapist now and she doesn’t smell like 100proof. I’m working on myself a little more every day, unpacking years of trauma I packed away.

I know a lot of us old gun toters struggle more than we care to admit. I know a lot of us  “real men” struggle more than we care to admit as well. If you are here, reading this, chances are you are a shepherd of humans whether officially or unofficially and that is one of the highest burdens to bear on earth.

I think I would be remiss to not share my story. I’m still employed, married, and a contributing member of society, but this spring it could have been a whole different story had I not had my “ahaa” moment and got my crap together.

I had a bit of a set back when a local men’s group I was attending ceased operations due to COVID. I was crawling under my new project truck and thought to myself, I’ve had this group all along and I should check in. So here I am. I want y’all to know as well that I am here for you and I hope you guys are all doing well. I can’t always talk, but I can always text if you need to vent or just want to shoot the bull. 417-850-2882

My simple life-

As it may be, every day is borrowed and behind every frustration is a dream not realized. I got out of the habit of making long term goals and simply live every day by three rules. 1. Leave the world better than you found it when you woke up. 2. Make someone else’s day better. 3. Be better than I was the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello friends
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 07:13:01 PM »
Welcome home
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 07:14:46 PM »
Good to hear from you and God bless.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Online oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 08:50:40 PM »
You have to take care of yourself because no one else will. Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 09:19:29 PM »
Blaine,  glad to hear you are well and getting better.  We are here for each other as always.  Prayers being sent your way as well.  Stay frosty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 10:40:21 PM »
Good evening old friend. Don’t know you but still a friend. Stay strong, God will always be here.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:52:47 AM »
Good to hear from you Blaine. Sorry you're going through rough times. There are plenty of shoulders here.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
Praying for you. Good to hear from you
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 07:56:37 PM »
Blaine,
Love it that you're back
Always welcome here, always
Hey, my boy is currently in the infantry school at Benning. I was unsuccessful in trying to push him into a cockpit. He wants to be like you. I'll need your help looking forward...
Chief
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 10:30:05 PM »
Thanks for the update. Can't tell you how many I know did the same thing because of agency issues.

Big thing is your doing better. Still got the super house???
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 02:28:58 AM »
Blaine,
Love it that you're back
Hey, my boy is currently in the infantry school at Benning. I was unsuccessful in trying to push him into a cockpit. He wants to be like you. I'll need your help looking forward...
Chief
I saw that! I can’t believe he’s old enough. Hard to believe most of us have been off and on between here and the old duramax forum for roughly a decade now.

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 09:59:23 AM »
HC, glad to hear you are getting the help you need, and prioritizing your mental health. Too many of us Sheepdogs don't have the introspection to do so, for whatever reason. I don't know you personally, but am proud that you have the courage to face "those demons", and do what it takes to combat them.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 12:17:11 PM »
1. Leave the world better than you found it when you woke up. 2. Make someone else’s day better. 3. Be better than I was the day before.

Great to see you around, thank you for this 1. Leave the world better than you found it when you woke up. 2. Make someone else’s day better. 3. Be better than I was the day before.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 06:04:55 PM »
Blaine,
Love it that you're back
Chief
I saw that! I can’t believe he’s old enough. Hard to believe most of us have been off and on between here and the old duramax forum for roughly a decade now.

I know...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal