Hello Guest

Author Topic: helmets  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
helmets
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:49:15 PM »
So I have been thinking about this for quite some time and I figured that I would bring this to light.  You can flip to just about any channel, listen to whoever idiot who thinks he know about protection, read everything that has been published (professionally or on the internet) about protection and the majority of what you will see, hear, whatever is going to be basically about weapons and tactics. 

What about your brain case, noggin, head, the grey matter between your ears, whatever you want to call it?

There are a few of us on here that can talk about (have actual experience) what we did/do in our previous/current profession, but for the masses this is something that is not really known/talked about.

How many of you actually own some sort of a combat style/type ballistic helmet?  How many actually know how to wear it or why it is important to have and use it?  My guess would probably be none, but I would like to assume a handful (like 1 hand)?!

Now lets talk for a second about the reality of helmets.  Not only do they provide some sort of protection against a metal projectile traveling at sonic or sub-sonic speeds towards your nugget, they also provide protection for your nugget when you decide to intentionally or un-intentionally run your nugget into something.  For the longest time, I for one hated to wear the military type helmet, but have come to learn to like it and to trust in it.  The helmets of WWII - Vietnam have come a long way in regards to improvements, comfortability, and weight.

Many times I have come back from a dismounted patrol, rotary wing flight, operating heavy equipment, whatever and realized that I had some sort of rip in the covering that was on the helmet.  When I thought back to what had transpired, I realized that something must have ran into my head and I didn’t even realize it because of the protective nature and padding of the helmet.

So to end this, here is a google link to combat style/type helmets.  Start thinking about the most important computer that you were born with.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=army+combat+helmet
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: helmets
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:15:32 AM »
Hated when those new "squishy" pads got cold and rock hard and then you tried to put the helmet on...
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:34:49 AM »
I am about to spring on something new and more "operator" but here is my current old school k-pot protecting my favorite nugget!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 07:44:21 AM »
That is pecious
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:13 AM »
That's awesome. How's the other nugget?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »
Man, she's a doll.  Thanks Nate.  Body and noggin armor are on my list.  My short list.  I'm holding my powder right now hoping to be able to aquire 34 more acres next to my other place later this year.  I just heard it came up on the tax roll radar for foreclosure.  Earlier than I had planned but I'm only going to get one chance.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 11:33:35 AM »
She's a soldier!

just look at her handling the weight of daddy's kit!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 12:28:29 AM »
He's doing pretty good. Hair starting to grow back finally!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:04 AM »
That's awesome.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:00:37 AM »
Love it!!!

Nice size blue gill there!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal