Hello Guest

Author Topic: It's opposite day again!  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's opposite day again!
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:17:27 PM »
Bergdahl's Attorney Wants Him to Receive POW Medal

Military.com | 3 Nov 2017 | by Richard Sisk
The lead defense attorney for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl said he wants him to receive the Prisoner of War medal.

His civilian lawyer, Eugene Fidell, on Friday said his client should be recognized for the five years he spent in Taliban captivity after deserting his post in Afghanistan, according to an article by USA Today.

"We have long felt he was entitled to the POW medal," Fidell said, the newspaper reported.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Bergdahl's defense team plans to push for the award as part of the process to appeal his dishonorable discharge.

Related content:

Bergdahl Dishonorably Discharged, No Jail Time
Trump Calls No Jail Time for Bergdahl 'Complete and Total Disgrace'
On Stand, Bergdahl Apologizes to Those Hurt Looking for Him
An email request for comment to Fidell wasn't immediately returned.

Earlier Friday, Army Col. Jeffery R. Nance, the military judge at Bergdahl's court-martial at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, sentenced the 31-year-old defendant to a dishonorable discharge, a reduction in rank to E-1 and a monthly reduction in pay of $1,000 for the next 10 months.

Despite the fact Bergdahl received a dishonorable discharge sentence, his defense team indicated they will still seek the "Prisoner of War" medal for Bergdahl. The award was authorized by Congress and signed into law in 1985 by President Ronald Reagan.

The award generally goes to those "taken prisoner and held captive while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States."
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: It's opposite day again!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:20:43 AM »
This is utterly ridiculous.  So is rewarding him with $300k back pay for the time he was a “POW”.  This is all bull.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 08:31:00 AM »
Concur!

All in the name of political correctness

and not wanting to offend the weaker sheep (Progressives)

I love the truth, it always works. Just stay with it and let the chips fall where they may. It causes one to self examine as well, which keeps the purveyor of truth straight as well.

This traitor should have been imprisoned for life.

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:49:10 AM »
So basically, if you do wrong, make sure you do it so backwards and shameful that the PC police can involved to get you out of jail and get you paid.  Then you can make a ton of money writing a book about it.  Watch this will be next or a movie.  Only in aciremA.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:21:30 PM »
His days are numbered. I'm seriously surprised no one has taken him out yet. Maybe they are waiting until everything blows over and he's no longer making headlines.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 12:39:10 AM »
Nah, he'll say he's confused and the government will spend $1,000,000 of our tax dollars to have his gender reassigned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:41:14 AM »
No one I have talked to has agreed with the final “punishment” in this case, much less that he deserves any further special treatment for something he voluntarily walked into.  That’s like a burglar getting paid disability or damages because he was shot for breaking into someone’s house.....oh wait, that happens in some areas.  Like the title says, Opposite Day.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:35:52 AM by dave945 »

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:10 AM »
I saw some where that his attorney wants him awarded a POW medal. I'm really in shock. Especially as it was a military judge that awarded no jail time right? I don't get it.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:34 PM »
I saw some where that his attorney wants him awarded a POW medal. I'm really in shock. Especially as it was a military judge that awarded no jail time right? I don't get it.
What you're seeing is the effect of having eight years of our homosexual muslim ex president having fired all the real leaders. Those eight years saw our military contract drastically from Bush's years. We saw political correctness led by eager beaver Air Force senior officers who were all too happy to change with the wind to appease the homo in chief.

Note: not trying to be hard on my Air Force brothers, but they were falling all over themselves to bring "Green" into the operational dialogue. Every soldier knows that green stuff is made to:
1; hide behind
or
2. Blow up
Nothing more.
The Air Force academy where we make said officers erected a devil worship center in the form of a stonehenge. I heard of Marine and Army generals falling like leaves from the maple tree outside my window trying to passively resist the caustic change to our warrior culture. Now...we are left with a mess. Those idiots are now senior officers and haven't a clue about how to kill a man in such a way as to make everyone behind him fear you and run for the hills.

Not that I really have an opinion on the matter...

Edit: In all fairness, the Chairman JCS, an Army General for much of OB's first term was a total play along with the progressive agenda as well.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:14:28 PM by Flyin6 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal