GENERAL TOPICS > Faith Discussion

Andrew Budek

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
So today, I got this friend request on facebook. I am not a fan of the liberal leaning place, so with usual fashion, I clicked on the fellow's name and followed the links to his page and read something of him.

It became immediately evident that he was a writer, a patriot, a warrior, and is dying from pancreatic cancer.

Then I noticed a personal message from him. Although we may have crossed paths in some area of conflict, he was not sure but he wanted to know if I was the author of Distant Thunder.

He wrote how the book had personally affected him and helped him in some ways retain his humanity and deal with the disease and his relationships. It humbled me to think that anything I may have written would have done anything so noble as to inspire a seriously ill man in a positive manner. I truly believe that everything good in me (us) is of God, and we really ain't all that much to brag about.

But that means something of an even greater magnitude, that God is using us!

So I want to lift up Andrew, but for what, I do not know. Could be healing, could be for a deeper understanding of the spirit, or ease in passing, or no pain, or...or I just don't know yet.

I do know that the spirit is prompting me to pursue, so I will. Meantime, men, hit your knees pretty please and lift up this man. A community of men, praying for a man.

TexasRedNeck:
We’re to witness the gospel to all who show an interest.

We cannot know whom God has chosen, but we proclaim the Word knowing that He may use us in some small way in the effectual calling

Will add him to my prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Don, I saw that come across my feed (your interaction0 but did not know what to make of it. Thanks for the clarification.

Prayers sent

Atkinsmatt:
Lifting him up.

cj7ox:
Praying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version