VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Dawg Fam's new Travel Trailer

<< < (3/3)

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on July 25, 2017, 07:19:25 AM ---Dawg our trucks can pull a lot of weight. Stopping is our problem.

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitSearch.aspx?year=2005&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado+2500+HD+Pickup&option=8+Lug+-+All+w%2f+4.63+Center+Register+Rear

Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Yes they absolutely can.
This is interesting.
I missed the 80 gallon fresh water tank. Nice.
And I wouldn't be scared to pull with it full if you're out for more than a weekend.

If heating is an issue, a stack cleaning is in order.

Dawg25385:
I had the stack cleaned last year... I was having issues with the fan not kicking on.... rad was all plugged up in front of the clutch, so it didn't heat up as fast as the coolant did to trigger engagement. Fan kicked on at 225 this last trip and got me down to 200 in a hurry, even pulling 60 up a steep grade.

The trailer brakes on both axles performed well, and the compression braking on the duramax is pretty good, so stopping wasn't really an issue, just have to be careful not to ride the brakes. Can't wait to get it tuned so I can get the turbo brake back like I had on my last d-max

Bob Smith:
Kyle, I think the biggest problem you had with heat was doing 60 going up the pass. Your truck should handle your new 2nd home just fine. It was most likely a warm day, and just because the fan came on doesn't mean it was getting too hot. I used to pull that hill with a 2007 6.0 and 32 ft. 10,000lb RV. The only problem was the noise the needle on the gas gauge made as it fell toward empty. Having the engine brake will be nice, makes towing a much better experience for sure.

Dawg25385:
Oh I know maintaining 60 wasn't an ideal scenario, I just wanted to see how the truck would do... normally I do 50-55 on Blewett the last 1/2 or 1/3, same with the hill westbound I-90 coming out of the Gorge... that's a long road to hoe there. It was 80-85 out too varying with altitude. The fan didn't fully engage either, it came on about half locked up I would say. It was moving air for sure, but not nearly as much as when that fan clutch locks up at 2k rpm and sounds like it's going to take off.

Most of the time I kind of let the truck figure out where it wants to be with about 60-70% throttle pulling grade. Whether that's lugging up in 5th, or down in 4th. Speeds adjust accordingly.

Wilbur:
That's nicer than a lot of the apartments I've lived in! Sweet! Enjoy it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version