VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Harbor freight generator

<< < (3/3)

Bigdave_185:
What did you end up with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
I got 4.0 BFA Onan out of an old Motor home. I thought it would be plenty but its just not quite big enough. It works just have to be careful how many things we run at one time. No microwave with the AC on.
I Installed it in large tool box and hug it off the flat bed on the truck. I used a 50 gallon auxiliary fuel tank for a John Deere tractor. I took it to an electrician friend of mine. He ran power to a breaker box and installed regular 110 outlets as well as 30 amp camper plug on the bed. He also ran 4 outlets into the cab.

Farmer Jon:
I also picked up this Brute generator. My brother paid $400 new used it one time and sold it to me for $300.  I like it. Works just fine. Its one of those things where he needed a little extra cash and I had some. I don't have a solar set up yet.  I rely 100% on generator when boondocking so I figured $300 is cheap back up. Well then this way if we want to unhook and go somewhere I can use the Brute and keep the camper plugged in. That's one drawback to having the main generator on the truck.

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoor/outdoor-power-equipment/generators/brute-reg-3-500-running-5-250-starting-watt-gasoline-portable-generator/30634/p-1444425965341-c-10107.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version