Hello Guest

Author Topic: How do you store your weapons  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
How do you store your weapons
« on: April 07, 2022, 10:29:04 PM »
I got these panels from gunpegboard.com. They are local out of Tucker, ga. Very happy with the available solutions. I put his in a left over “dead space” after a recent full demo Reno.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: How do you store your weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 01:09:32 AM »
Interesting concept.

Do to recent circumstances and being forced to push my plans to sooner rather than later.... my wish of a high end fort knox safe has been down graded to this.

https://usasafeandvault.com/products/browning-silver-65-tall-extra-wide

Now i just have to find somebody that can install it where i want it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 01:10:45 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
How do you store your weapons
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:02:32 AM »
I used them too, but from wallcontrol.com. The 9 inch shelve with the surround makes a good base to stand ARs upright and then the u shaped tool holder for the barrel.  I slip an industrial rubber band over the opening to keep the weapon from accidentally falling backwards.  Can fit 5 ARs in one shelf vertically which really saves space.

Won’t discuss much else for obvious reasons but I favor a hidden gun room with a safe in plain view with some less valuable things, to give them something to beat on and feel like they got something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 06:03:39 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »
I just finished my reloading room with gun storage. The walls are re-enforced some and there is a metal fire door with electronic dial pad lock set. It won't keep the determined criminal out, but will slow them down and make them work for it.

I wanted to keep the basement wall rock exposed behind the gun racks so didn't want to do a panel wall.  The commercial racks I found weren't up to holding a couple of my 22 lb rifles so fabricated me own racks.  Still not done.  Need another horizontal rifle rack to the left of the window, and a pistol rack under the window.  Probably on hold until fall now though.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 09:32:23 AM »
that look really nice Bear.  Might want to put a grid over the basement window to keep the skinny little crack heads from sliding through!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 08:23:56 AM »
Bear,
What is the standing vertical pump action rifle? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »
that look really nice Bear.  Might want to put a grid over the basement window to keep the skinny little crack heads from sliding through!

Yeah, I haven't decided yet how I want to trim that window out yet.  When I do, I will also plan to add some type of grid or bar there.  As it sits right now, it would have to be a real skinny crack head to get in there so it doesn't need much.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 08:50:29 AM »
Bear,
What is the standing vertical pump action rifle? 

Remington 7600 in .270.  Was the first rifle I purchased myself (deer hunted with a shotgun that was my 12th birthday present for the first couple years).  For the most part it has been retired. Last year I had an older a lighter 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shortened to 18" and screwed my suppressor on for deer season and pulled a lpvo from my AR to top it off.  That was one really sweet setup for the short range type deer hunting around here.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 11:01:12 AM »
I’m not trying to stir the pot, just asking the questions that pop into my head, which admittedly can get pretty scary. You’ve got rock walls, a “reinforced” wall, metal fire door with associated locks.  First thing that popped into my head, how long would it take to cut through the above floor with a circular saw or reciprocating saw with a demolition blade?  We’re not looking to be pretty, just get in get shtuff and get out.  May be something you’ve thought of, maybe not. Just throwing it out there.

That all being said, it’s a really nice setup.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 11:55:42 AM »
Going through the 1st floor is certainly doable. While the interior walls are reinforced, they could be defeated with the correct tools also. It will slow anybody down, and your normal opportunistic thief likely won't be able to gain access.

At one point I had considered installing steel in the ceiling. The primary reason was more for fire protection then theft but it was considered.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:59:34 AM by Bear9350 »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 04:41:49 PM »
I think what you have will keep most away. For the pro, they enjoy the challenge. I don’t show off my stuff and hope to keep the pro away.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2023, 10:48:44 AM »
How have things progressed over the last 1.5 years?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal