Flyin6:
Here we go again...

This is what was:

(2014 John Deere 1025)

Flyin6:
And here is what is to come:

2012 John Deere 2720

Flyin6:
OK, why get rid of a newer tractor in favor of an older tractor you ask?

Good question!

With the farm growing and the tasks increasing I simply outgrew the 1025. It is really just a lawn mower for the drive, and some area we frequent in the fields, while the rest of it gets bush hogged with my 4720 JD Tractor.

The little 1025 has an interim tier 4 emissions compliant engine. That measn the EPA is involved in the creation of this thing. That means the design is created by tree huggers who all share the same lack of common sense. The older 2720 has none of that nonsense!

The 1025's loader can hoist just 500 pounds, and I can tell you, I have never been impressed by its loader's performance. It was its absolute limit just lifting the sawmill head onto the tracks, and then only did it with a bucket curl and not by muscling it into place. The 2720 can lift around 1100 pounds. Above that, my 4720 lifts around 2400 lbs, and I think my Case 1150B lifts lifts 7 tons or something ridiculous like that. Anything over that and I'll call a bro from Ft. Campbell to fly a Chinook up and give me a hand!

The 2720 has 31 horsepower, while the 1025 has 23. Pulling a 62" deck the 1025 labors in three week old farm grass/weed growth. I operated a 2720 in the past with a 72" deck that didn't know the mower deck was cutting, it just pulverized everything!

My 1025 had a 62" deck, the 2720 has a 72" heavy steel deck

This 2720 was a left over from a failed JD store that lost it in inventory. It was discovered in a barn. Although it is 5 years old, it comes with J Deere's new 6 year zero deductible powertrain warranty and the 2 year bumper to bumper (Which I definitely use!)

The dealer discounted all this so much it was right down there with the cost of the 1025, and much, much cheaper than the current two series tractors.

So it's an excellent buy!

And I scored on a loader as well. The new replacement loader, a H-130 that retrofits to this tractor lifts 717 pounds. This dealer had one 200CX loader left over as well, still in a crate. That loader is rated to lift over 1100 lbs, so quite a bit of difference right there. When I get my next implement, which will likely be a wood chipper, and hoping to get like an eight inch one, this tractor will be able to pull it. So when I push over the trees with Sarge, I'll buck the root ball, then carry it off with the 4720, grab onto the tree with the new grapple, carry the thing up to the work site, then buck the branches, and grind them up on the spot, and haul the log off to my sawmill. I'll use the wood chippings for my trail system. Right now we are building in our first walking trail, a couple miles long, called "Ephesians Trail" where you can read and study the whole book of the Ephesians during your stroll.

So new tractor it is!

TexasRedNeck:
BIG thumbs up for pre emission. Why I bought my 2012 L series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilbur:
I'm just laughing they gave you a warranty! They don't know about this website do they? Or are you part of their heavy testing group now?  :grin:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Good luck with it! I completely get the decision!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version