Hello Guest

Author Topic: Let's See Your Other Vehicles  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Nskaats

• Registered
    • View Profile
Let's See Your Other Vehicles
« on: December 03, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
We have lots of truck build threads on here, but I'm curious to see what other project vehicles and toys you guys have.  Most of us enjoy plenty of four wheeled hobbies.

Driver:
01 Yukon XL 2500 2WD with the 8.1 - Dad ordered it new as a tow vehicle.  I bought it from him.  Currently at 237,000 miles

Tow Pig:
2017 Sierra 2500 Denali 4WD with the L5P - Picked it up new in June 2017 as a tow vehicle.

Toys:
2001 Firebird Formula - Street/Strip toy - Had it since April 24th, 2003
1994 Camaro Z28 - Currently apart waiting for me to put the engine in it
1986 AM General M923A1 - Because I can
1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe Replica - Factory Five car being built for SCCA use and to irritate purists

Hauler:
2017 Intech 26' Enclosed Trailer - All aluminum hauler for track days and the occasional pickup/delivery
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:47:30 PM by Nskaats »
Skaats Precision Motorsports
Owner and Tuner
859-415-0737
www.facebook.com/skaatsprecision

Offline Nskaats

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Let's See Your Other Vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:46:03 PM »
A few of the Daytona build.  Powertrain is an LS1/T56 combination that will be getting Holley EFI.  Chassis was powder coated in Bronze Chrome with high gloss clear.  All of the suspension is in place, fuel system plumbed, and cockpit aluminum mostly done.  Currently working on engine assembly so it can be bolted in with the trans and I can work on header fabrication.
Owner and Tuner
859-415-0737

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Let's See Your Other Vehicles
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »
Nice! Really digging the Daytona!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 07:45:13 PM »
I’ll have to get some clean photos of the other vehicles but mostly everything is as is from the factory

That firebird was all the rage when I was a kid. Always wanted one but never will, I’d like a corvette these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:56 PM »
That 5 ton is in great shape.

I thought you were going to sell it???
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 06:36:44 AM »
This is a project that has been on the back burner too long. 1954 Chevy 2 1/2 ton truck. Belonged to my Grandpa. 35,000 miles. I quit driving it because the tires were dry rotted. So bad I didn't want to drive it. Couldn't afford new ones at the time. Then I got divorced. Then re married. Then more kids. So it sits. Once I get my LBZ sold I am going to use some of the money to get her up and going again. Its been put to bed for 15 years now.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Nskaats

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 09:10:40 AM »
Appreciate the kind words.  If anyone is interested in following along, there's a complete gallery on my business page for the Daytona here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/skaatsprecision/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1952667521654654

Don, I still consider selling the 5 ton.  It's mostly sat for the past two years.  Running this business plus other endeavors have left little time for it unfortunately.  I really need to clean it up and drive it soon.

Farmer Jon, I LOVE that truck!  I've been itching to get my hands on a post war truck.  Ideally late 40s/early 50s for a shop project.  I have a major weakness for that time period.  Definitely one to keep in the family.  Do a bit of a resto-mod on it and use it as a sunny day driver!

Let's see some more rides!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:13:07 AM by Nskaats »
Owner and Tuner
859-415-0737

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
Appreciate the kind words.  If anyone is interested in following along, there's a complete gallery on my business page for the Daytona here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/skaatsprecision/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1952667521654654

Don, I still consider selling the 5 ton.  It's mostly sat for the past two years.  Running this business plus other endeavors have left little time for it unfortunately.  I really need to clean it up and drive it soon.

Farmer Jon, I LOVE that truck!  I've been itching to get my hands on a post war truck.  Ideally late 40s/early 50s for a shop project.  I have a major weakness for that time period.  Definitely one to keep in the family.  Do a bit of a resto-mod on it and use it as a sunny day driver!

Let's see some more rides!
Heck, maybe I'll talk to you about that truck. I need something with some grunt to pull my Kubota CTL which weighs 12,000 by itself.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 05:00:33 PM »
Got this about 20 years ago. Doesn't run, but haven't tried. It's one of the last Ford's before the big war, made in '42 according to the serial numbers.
Also a dump bed which I didn't realize when purchased.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:10:32 PM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »
Well nothing special enough of a 2013 Jeep WK2 to warrant a photo being posted. My other mode of transportation are my size 11 feet. Also no photo warranted..
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
Still have my 87 El Camino, waiting for the LS/5.3 sitting on the floor in the garage. Kinda on back burner now with everything else. Ol 305 still starts right up with 500k on it.

Has a BGN 3.42 posi. and a full SSBC 4 wheel disc kit, front tube A Arms. Kinda a storage unit for 4x4 parts now. 
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 08:40:48 PM »
1986 Suburban with a 6.2 turbo and a hybrid turbo setup. Going to get a 6BT swap someday. Getting 6 in lift springs now with the stock 3/4 suspension.

Have a 14blt for the rear and a D60 for the front when I have s few more minutes. Going to run H1 tires and wheels for now.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »
Just for fun, my NTM skid steer (starting a thread now)

Pick tomorrow, now it needs a name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nskaats

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 08:38:49 AM »
Still have my 87 El Camino, waiting for the LS/5.3 sitting on the floor in the garage. Kinda on back burner now with everything else. Ol 305 still starts right up with 500k on it.

Has a BGN 3.42 posi. and a full SSBC 4 wheel disc kit, front tube A Arms. Kinda a storage unit for 4x4 parts now.

That's some serious mileage on the old 305.  Those things are hard to kill!
Owner and Tuner
859-415-0737

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 01:34:28 PM »

That's some serious mileage on the old 305.  Those things are hard to kill!

Well, with a wopping 160hp they don't push anything to hard, but a SBC is a SBC. 3rd tranny in it though. Hopefully the 5.3 should be around 350hp.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 02:29:50 PM »
Original cam JR? That's what we used to see quite a bit of back in the 80s...hardfacing on the lobes would fail.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »
I did the cam but was very close to stock. Has an edelbrock intake and exhaust it all. Will chirp em 1-2.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »
Currently working on the wife’s pre marriage purchase, 2010 VW Jetta 2.0T.  Nice car when it runs good,

Just had it toss a pcv oil separator. I replaced that being only 10 screws. Found that to cause me a hand full of error codes 
P2197
P2279
P0300
Po303
Po304

No solution yet.  Car ideal like trash, smokes something fierce

170K miles and it rides smooth, good power curve and nice inside.  Minus no power seats. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 05:30:16 AM »

That is sweet. I love the El Camino. Nice Burb too.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal