Hello Guest

Author Topic: CIEMR: Love thy neighbor  (Read 290 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
CIEMR: Love thy neighbor
« on: February 07, 2022, 10:11:04 AM »
I'm on a roll here...

CIERS
(Coffee Induced Early Morning Sermon)

Take a look at this:

Mark 12:30–31
"'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Jesus is saying to us to love the father and him with everything. He is telling us that is the first and most important thing we should do...OK, copy that.

But look where he goes right after that:
Love your neighbor as yourself

Love is central to a relationship, a healthy relationship with God. Without it we are of no mind to live anything like what he would have us live like. Doing the little and sometimes the big things for those around us is a demonstration of and is practicing neighborly love. What would we all be like if an offensive comment was not met with anger, but instead with us quoting a verse like these I have offered here back to the offender? Then immediately forgiving the offending person?

Well, I for one, think that many, many outcomes would be vastly different.

He says it again in Luke:

Luke 10:27
So he answered and said, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.'"

And in Matthew:

Matthew 22:37–39
Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

Again here:

Romans 13:9
For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

And even the Galatians get a piece of this action here:

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Ya think Jesus's brother would be left out of this one? No way, for he says:

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well ...

Hmmm, I'm seein' a pattern here. I might remind you that many a good man, and woman have all said about me, "That warrant officer right there is none too bright!" And sadly I must agree, but hit me on the head three, four, five, or six times, and I am going to take evasive action. Not guaranteeing I may not bend up your expensive helicopter a bit, but I'm gonna do something!

Love is not that complicated, really. If you just get back to practicing common sense and pick up the good book more often than you pick up that greasy junk food slider, you're going to notice some things. I can testify because I have. (Noticed a few things).

I have noticed that loving one's neighbor is possible, and with practice becomes easier. (Yes, even if they voted the wrong party!!!!). Simple biblical principal practiced in one's life results in a happier voyage down that long river that does end someday. Picking up marching orders along the way can help. I once had wonderful men in my life give me pointers. (Thank you Captain/Colonel Coleman...The Binker, General Brown) They referred to those pointers as orders. Those men could have ordered me to walk across a field of broken glass, sleep on a bed of nails, and vote democrat, and I would have done it.

All of us aren't as fortunate as to have people of this stature in their lives, but we all have Jesus. We all have God, and those two are far, far greater than any earthly being you or I can ever point to. So, either listen or toss this out, it's your choice, but love your neighbor. Pick up the bible and flip a page or two. Call upon Jesus to be your friend and guide. Check out Romans 10:9 and give this message some consideration. I am loving you by sharing this. I am doing what I am supposed to do by sharing this simple message

Now, as we say in the Armee, Jock up, get your game face on, and get it done!

Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal