Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door  (Read 115070 times)

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door
« Reply #550 on: February 05, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »
They’re not in fear of guns Charles, they just want control over who has them.

BTW, there was another officer killed in CO today (3rd in last 3 weeks or so) & there is a nasty rumor floating around some friends of mine who wear a certain uniform that Denver is going to start seizing mags over 15 rounds. I have not run across this info anywhere else but it would not surprise me if this is in the works. That will not end well if it is true.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

OldKooT

« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2018, 08:12:03 AM »
Considered the TRXUS? Amazing in the snow, tough, most I know that run them have zero complaints.

I am shopping rubber for the Daughters Eco Beater myself.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 06, 2018, 09:19:32 AM »
Considered the TRXUS? Amazing in the snow, tough, most I know that run them have zero complaints.

Norm, I had not but will look into those as well.

As for the Ford, I am very happy with my cooper atp’s so far and the price point was right too.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 06, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »
Shawn..who dat ? ^^^^

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My long lost brother from another mother!

He used to help me wreck, er I mean DOT up Dons build threads, but he’s too busy in retirement now to help with such things.
Did you just remind me of that?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 06, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

Cootie, ran those Truxus tires. They blow up every once in awhile you know... Mine were traction gettin' out of round wheel covers on the SAS tundra I built once.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 06, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »
Shawn..who dat ? ^^^^

He used to help me wreck, er I mean DOT up Dons build threads, but he’s too busy in retirement now to help with such things.

Well, it has been awhile since you had a real automotive build thread. For the record attaching a Chinese bumper to the GJ doesn't count either........ :popcorn:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 06, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
Shawn..who dat ? ^^^^

Well, it has been awhile since you had a real automotive build thread. For the record attaching a Chinese bumper to the GJ doesn't count either........ :popcorn:
Not particularly proud of that, movin' right along...

Next week's add in the for-sale section: Slightly used GJ front bumper for sale, cheap!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 06, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »
OK, so my garage is a tiny 3 car as I've stated before. So working on Baylee's xj apparently I had a tool drawer on my cabinet open or I didn't get it closed all the way. So went to drive the jk and my mirror hooked the drawer and did this as it was frigid that day. Btw the 25 year old craftsman tool chest didn't get a scratch......

So I said screw it I never use that mirror anyhow and bought a pair of these delete mirror pucks (yes they were less than buying a replacement mirror). So 5 minutes of wrenching and here we are.

Honestly, I like how clean it looks and am considering removing the drivers side one even though I use that mirror often. So what do you all think? Leave it or remove it?

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 06, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »
On another note, even after dropping $1500 in parts in the last two weeks on Baylee's Just Empty Every Pocket xj I am making progress on parts acquisition for the axle swap in the JK.

The superduty knuckles sat in a box waiting to head to weaver fab for the last two weeks. I had sent them a request for info via their website and apparently that process has been giving them issues. Since I was tired of looking at the box I broke down & called them this AM (they were very apologetic by the way) so I got that squared away and the cores sent in to them to be machined along with their high steers arm kit added to both knuckles. I spoke with Tate and will be buying spicer ball joints from him once I get my complete list together of axle parts needed.

I am at the moment still figuring out parts and pieces for the axle build. The Artec box showed up with the front truss but I have yet to unpackage it and I have a set of off road fenders headed this way as we speak from Summit. I ordered a magnetic base and dial indicator from them as well since it appears my old setup grew legs or I lost it in the move to CO.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:03:51 PM by stlaser »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
Shawn, don't you need the side mirror to drive legal on public roads in Co.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2018, 06:57:17 PM »
I was going to ask the same question as Bob. in WA you need at least two rear facing. And I like them for watching the rear tire without sticking my face out the window in the oncoming path of mud and debris
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »

I was going to ask the same question as Bob. in WA you need at least two rear facing. And I like them for watching the rear tire without sticking my face out the window in the oncoming path of mud and debris

Hi Tate, how is the weather up there, Ken's state can not be beat, during the winter that is....

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2018, 07:37:18 PM »
Good question, I don’t know honestly but I’ve never been pulled over with the doors off for such a thing. I like my drivers side mirror (& use it) so it will be staying but the passenger side one will be left off. I do live in hippyville so I should be ok.

Edit: ok hippyland (aka Colorado) states if I have an unobstructed view 200 ft behind me the inside rear view mirror is all I need. If that view is obstructed then I need two external rear view mirrors, one on each side. So in reality you can legally pull doors and mirror off Jeep & as long as you’re not pulling a trailer that obstructs the rear view or say the cargo area is not packed full then you’re still legal.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:58:50 PM by stlaser »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 07, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »
Nice to have for security reasons as well. You always know if someone's approaching from behind.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 07, 2018, 12:39:25 AM »
I think it was just mad you parked in the garage. I mean its a jeep right?

Out here, you need to have 2 unobstructed rear view mirrors. So if you have a spare tire or anything in the back (like stickers) it could be an issue.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #565 on: February 07, 2018, 08:32:55 AM »
A new line of "Garage Armour"  it's a Jeep thing....=P

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 07, 2018, 09:19:13 AM »
A new line of "Garage Armour"  it's a Jeep thing....=P

Or a lack there of garage armor......... :rolleyes:

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 07, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
no symmetry...  Lose the driver side or put the passenger side back on the jeep.  Trying to red neck this thing up or what?

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 07, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
no symmetry...  Lose the driver side or put the passenger side back on the jeep.  Trying to red neck this thing up or what?

What’s with the 3 syllable words? I didn’t realize those existed in Texas country speak? :popcorn:

Btw, the swampers are gunna Redneck it up regardless......
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:05:00 PM by stlaser »

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 21, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »
Yeah, but those mirrors though....  Got to fix that.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2018, 10:14:13 PM »
Yeah, but those mirrors though....  Got to fix that.

Well, I use my drivers side backing into parking spaces etc. I have been considering taking off the drivers side unit. However, if I do so then I am going to mount a smaller one to the drivers side handle on the hoop that goes up and over the front windshield. It will still allow me to have a side mirror but will be clean & symmetrical to satisfy you wordy Texans.....

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 22, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »
All states require a drivers side mirror at least.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 22, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »

You sure about this JR? Research I did states Colorado does not. If you do not then you need full unobstructed view of the rear via your rear view mirror which I have.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:38:34 PM by stlaser »

OldKooT

« Reply #573 on: February 23, 2018, 10:05:16 AM »
Sill not done?    :grin:

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 23, 2018, 11:00:13 AM »
Sill not done?    :grin:

Waiting on my wheels......

Assume that is still not completed either along with that tooth? :tongue:

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 23, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »

You sure about this JR? Research I did states Colorado does not. If you do not then you need full unobstructed view of the rear via your rear view mirror which I have.

Yep, I read the code. True you must have at least 1 mirror with unobstructed view.

That means no rear tint, nothing in the rear window, no rear passengers no spare tire or blocking cargo in back.

What wheels??

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 23, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »

Yep, I read the code. True you must have at least 1 mirror with unobstructed view.

That means no rear tint, nothing in the rear window, no rear passengers no spare tire or blocking cargo in back.

What wheels??

Sounds like a “whole lot” of interpretation.

As far as wheels, that’s top secret. :lipsrsealed: Norm is working on something & depending how it turns out I may go that direction.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 23, 2018, 06:13:10 PM »
Are you getting the beadlocks!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 23, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »
Are you getting the beadlocks!

:huh: interesting thought I must admit.....

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »
So I've been busy on some other projects, mainly an xj which needs the thread updated. If I can get 5 seconds of Baylee that will happen shortly but no promises as she is on the go like no other. Now, I have been collecting some more parts which I'll add pics for shortly.

Short list of items I've picked up recently

-high clearance steel fenders for all 4 corners

-CB accessories

-front 60 machined knuckles from weaver with high steer

-artec front truss mod kit for that superduty 60

-I also have in my possession some machined 52 count tone rings for those 60 front unit bearings

-Then last but not least (definitely the most money lately) all the final parts for the rear axle build (center chunk) due in this Weds which I'll add details about at that time and yes Tate came through again with Randy's as always  :likebutton:

I made mention of a potential wheel upgrade but haven't heard anymore on that front so not sure there really? Time will tell I suppose.....

I will say that discussing those other wheels made me do some more research and think outside of my box a bit. The rear currie axle measures 66" and that front superduty 60 measures right at or just under 69". So having the rear axle a little narrower never hurt. The wheels I am interested in are 8 on 6.5 pattern and prior to this I was planning on running 5 on 5.5 which the rear axle is machined for and when having the unit bearings bored out for 35 spline axles I was thinking of machining them down to the 5 on 5.5 pattern as well. So after some more research I think what I will be doing is modding the front unit bearing from the ford metric 8 pattern to the 8 on 6.5 and running a 1.375 thick adapter on the rear from the stock 5 on 5 to the 8 on 6.5 This will allow me to run the stock upgraded vented brake system I already have for the rear which the currie axle accepts and uses the stock wheel speed sensors and parking brake. Then this will also allow me to just redrill the front stock ford rotors for the 8 on 6.5 pattern and use the superduty stock 1 ton brake setup. Prior to all of this I was going to have to redrill the rear rotors for 5 on 5.5 and then figure out a rotor and caliper setup to run on those front 60 knuckles. This seems a bit easier and a little less work. Reality is that it may cost me a bit less too as I already have the stock calipers and rotors for the 60 front. I think off the shelf parts are always good or staying as close to off the shelf as you can is a better idea than full custom. Drilling some rotors isn't too difficult if in a pinch and rotors are pretty tough to break anyhow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:12:58 PM by stlaser »

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 14, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
With the last of the 9" parts due in today I figured the front 60 needed some love. So here we start the day, essentially what needs to happen is that 2" of the casting drivers side where the tube presses in needs to be removed along with the spring perch and track bar bracket on the passengers side. This will make room for the Artec truss system to be installed.

Here I have removed all the unnecessary brackets and section of casting

So at this point I decided to refresh on their install instructions. They call for buying three pipe fitting parts from McMaster to reroute the vent tube back pinion side and out under the truss. I also needed a couple dust masks to keep this cold I have protected from all the nasty fiberglass I was getting ready to put off into the atmosphere. SO I ran to the local hardware and decided this should do for now. I will say I am glad I didn't spend the money on the McMaster parts as they would have taken more fabricating to make work then what I eventually did anyhow. So with a little massaging I installed this 90 fitting and pipe nipple.

Next I went to test fit the main truss, it's hard to see but on the drivers side tube the truss is pushed pinion side about 3/4 of an inch and is being held up a good 1/2 inch.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:40:29 PM by stlaser »

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 14, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »
So now we have two problems, first the 90 degree fitting and pipe nipple do not have enough room to be there if we get the truss where it should be. I think this part of the design needs reworked and it's a simple fix of adding a hole. The other is that for whatever reason the truss pattern contacts a gusset cast into the housing hard. I removed a 1 inch square piece of material that should not be there at least for my housing.

where it contacts the gusset in the housing

removing that 1 inch square

truss pulled off and flipped upside down you can see the notch I created to add clearance

in this pic I also removed the new vent and you can see it fits snug down on the drivers side axle tube

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:41:14 PM by stlaser »

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 14, 2018, 05:32:59 PM »
Rather than reinventing the wheel, I think drilling a hole and adding a length of pipe nipple into the original casting is the answer. So here we do just that and some precision measuring and marking with a silver pencil.... I think they call that KY windage........ :wink:

that will work

upgrade complete, 1 inch diameter hole is all that is needed and a pipe nipple

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 14, 2018, 05:37:34 PM »
After test fitting the truss one last time I mark up the housing where we will need bare steel to weld and grind it all clean

Then I threw it on the bench where I will start rigging up the welding fixture. I have a bar and pucks but they are for 9 inch axles and do not have the correct setup for a 60 front to keep it from warping when welding. So this 900 lb table with a 3/4" thick top should suffice. My plan is to level the axle as I build the temporary fixture as my floor is anything but in this garage.

bench finally got a little more organized too......

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 14, 2018, 05:47:51 PM »
Next on the list is to buy an air needle scaler, I'm going to mig weld the truss to the cast housing and this will help alleviate stresses as the housing cools. I also need to drag the torches from storage along with my rose bud and get them ready. I previously purchased a 400 temp pen to use for preheating the cast prior to welding to keep shock to a minimum and hopefully keep the welds from cracking during the process. Once the welding fixture is complete I can then heat this pig (pun intended) up and then move on to new gears and a Detroit I have on hand.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 14, 2018, 06:17:52 PM »
interesting.

at least we get pics on this thread.....lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:21:13 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 14, 2018, 06:55:10 PM »
interesting.

at least we get pics on this thread.....lol

Speaking of pictures, I’ll post some more of all the super cool parts I received from Tate today (probably tomorrow sometime).

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 14, 2018, 07:15:53 PM »
Way cool......so, an air needle scaler is basically, an air powered punch that pecks away at the fresh weld?  I remember my dad manually hammering cast iron as/after he was welding it and the whole pre-heat/post heating.  Also think he had some special rod for the stick welder just for cast.  How do you afix it to the table, clamps?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 14, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »
Looks like you’ve done this before.  It looks, to the untrained eye, that they had you remove more of the housing on the short side than you really needed to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 14, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »
Way cool......so, an air needle scaler is basically, an air powered punch that pecks away at the fresh weld?  I remember my dad manually hammering cast iron as/after he was welding it and the whole pre-heat/post heating.  Also think he had some special rod for the stick welder just for cast.  How do you afix it to the table, clamps?

Think of it as more of a steel massaging tool than a punch. I'm no wizard at welding cast, normally knuckles and center sections are made of a ductile cast steel and it accepts welding better than some cheaper versions of cast. My opinion is if you want the best way to weld cast then arc welding is the best and they make some rods specially for it as you mentioned. These rods I think have some flex or give to them once welded that lends itself to welding a different steel to the cast steel. The idea of the air needler is to massage the weld during the cool down phase as the materials cool and contract at different rates. As far as the table, not sure exactly yet. Most likely I will cut some tube or angle and weld up some cradles for the axle to lay in. I may also make a mount to bolt the inner c on the bottom on each side to keep them solid and maybe even a couple mounts into the housing via the cover bolts. The idea being we want the axle to be rigid and not be able to move until it is completely cooled, this will keep it fairly straight. It's also worth noting it is a front axle and you have a little more lead way I think than a rear. I'm sure there are guys with more experience with cast and welding axle assemblies than I so if I'm mistaken on anything please feel free to correct me.

Looks like you’ve done this before.  It looks, to the untrained eye, that they had you remove more of the housing on the short side than you really needed to?

I've swapped axles and welded on them, recall I'm on the cheap side (actually this is the most I have ever spent on an axle for an original build) so being cheap I make my own stuff or cobble it together normally. See the below link, it's missing a few brackets at this point that fit in there.

http://www.artecindustries.com/JK_SD_60_1T_Swap
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:24:51 PM by stlaser »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 15, 2018, 12:33:38 AM »
Never welded to cast. Do you use SS wire as I have heard?

Sure my D60 on the Sub will benifite from a truss with that 1000lb above it.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 15, 2018, 12:42:13 AM »
Never welded to cast. Do you use SS wire as I have heard?

Sure my D60 on the Sub will benifite from a truss with that 1000lb above it.

Nope, I will be using a good Lincoln wire for steel as always. I’ve actually never heard to use stainless, last time I welded up some ford 60 knuckles I had it and the gas for the stainless wire available & did not. I do think I have a spec on a different wire somewhere though, I’ll check but don’t think it is a stainless wire.

As far as a truss the only reason I would run one is if you need mounts for suspension (links etc), plenty of 60’s running around under a Cummins or two built without issue. Possibly weld the tubes to the housing maybe but not even sure that is needed as you don’t hear them turning in the housing like the corporate 14 bolts tend to do. What I’m saying is I think if you want to spend the coin there are weaker spots I would focus on before adding a truss. Just my 2 cents

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 15, 2018, 01:03:15 AM »
Thinking about clearance on top too, tends to be snug up there. Maybe just a good ol bar truss across the bottom. Loose a little clearance is all.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »
Ok, so as promised here are a few teasers of the recent shipment in from Randy's Ring and Pinion courtesy of our own Tate. My plan tentatively is to finish the Currie rear JK 9" housing and install it. Then while I still have the ability to move it around via the front axle is to have a new rear driveshaft built. Then install it and pull the front driveshaft and run the deep new gearset on the current 33" tires for awhile. Since currently the jeep is really only a four speed as I rarely see highway with it the deep gear set will be ok and I'll just use the fifth and sixth gear more for awhile as I finish up the front end and install that axle then larger tires and wheels.

I do have a 9 axle from my old EB however the chunk was a stocker nodular unit with bearing bores too small for the 35 spline axle shafts in this currie 9 so first on the list was a new center chunk with larger bearing bores to accommodate those axles. Unit looks to be rather beefy I might add.

Then a new carrier, Tate makes some wild claims about this Grizzly locker (monster truck pictures he sends claiming it is running this unit  :rolleyes: ) but regardless this little peanut carrier has one heck of a warranty standing behind it so I guess we will try it out.  :wink:

add in fresh a set of 5.43 Yukon gears and we should be in business

and to top it off with a master install kit American made Timken bearings tightly wrapped in Yukon packaging

Thanks again, Tate!  :beercheers:

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 15, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »
I also ordered up the new air needle scaler, after visiting a couple local stores I decided to just buy a good IR unit (my 1/2 impact and 3/8 butterfly impact are a almost 20 years old and still perform great) but I will warn you it is a pandoras box as you I wanted a pistol version and they have you start out with an air hammer version. Then you add the air needle attachment and then all the tools available for the air hammer and by the time you are done your wallet is a couple hundred lighter....... :facepalm:

So by the time the air needle attachment shows up it will be end of next week. In the meantime I am planning on fixturing up the 60 housing to weld and assemble this currie 9.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 16, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
I use it to clean the area for welding on hard to reach places, works great even for a HF unit.

I want to see the welding so I can beef up the 60 front and 14bt just a tad.

5:43 gears, a real crawler.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 16, 2018, 10:51:01 AM »
5:43s....yikes!! ...all it needs to match is some flat fenders and a 45mph speedo!  :beercheers:

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 16, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »
With 40s it won’t be that bad,,,,,maybe a 55 mph Speedo

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 16, 2018, 11:03:18 AM »
Looking good there sir ;-) If you ever want to have a nice long Norm-esque conversation with the monster truck driver I can provide you with his number and he'll tell you ALLLLLL about it, lol. I'm a firm believer and living proof that "you can break anything if you try hard enough" and believe me, he tries REAL hard, almost as hard as Chief with a new farm implement, but since 2010 he's only on his 8th unit and he runs them front and rear. Detroit dropped him as a sponsor because he was breaking up to 10 per year of their locker! Now that I've said this I'm sure you'll break it on your first outing so apologies in advance for jinxing you.  :beercheers:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 16, 2018, 11:20:35 AM »
Thanks Tate, at least I know who’s name to be cussing when it breaks on that first run!

As far as gear ratio the front 60 will be 5.38, Tate and I discussed this ratio at length. Maybe he’ll post up that chart and explain (actually I think he did post it way earlier in this build, I’ll try to find it). So my specs were a 37-40 inch tire, my motor I have now likes rpms (now that I sealed up this couple spots that were seeping from the back of valve covers) and I have a manual 6 speed. Definitely the gearing will help on the trails and with that large of tire I think 70mph is a safe top speed on highway. Tate with his vast knowledge & he’s provided parts for a lot of jk builds thought this was the way to go. Who am I to argue with that?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:21:48 AM by stlaser »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal