Hello Guest

Author Topic: Kilo 2 Bravo  (Read 915 times)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Kilo 2 Bravo
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:51:41 PM »
A.K.A. Kajaki, is on Netflix. Started watching at about 10:30pm thinking I'd get about 30 min in and crash out to resume the next day. Nope. up till 12:30am watching this pretty well done flick about a British unit stuck in an old soviet mine field near the Kajaki dam. There were some Chinook scenes, but piloted by brits in the movie. Near Kandahar, thought maybe some of you vets might know the story.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kilo 2 Bravo
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:08:51 PM »
Great movie, horrendous situation, especially the Chinook hover scene!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »
A.K.A. Kajaki, is on Netflix. Started watching at about 10:30pm thinking I'd get about 30 min in and crash out to resume the next day. Nope. up till 12:30am watching this pretty well done flick about a British unit stuck in an old soviet mine field near the Kajaki dam. There were some Chinook scenes, but piloted by brits in the movie. Near Kandahar, thought maybe some of you vets might know the story.
Kajaki dam is really a cool place. It is crude in its construction with the high ground occupied by the Brits. It backs up this beautiful aqua colored resevoir. I flew that resevoir a few times northward all the way up to TK (Tarin-Kwot) Pronounced Tarin-Kot. The valley above it opens to some decent farmland and roads perched perilously on shear crumbly rock walls. We get banged up around there quite a bit by Obamas boys. And the IED's are ravenous...lots of them to spice up your day.

While I was there the Haji mole people actually had tunneled under one of the helo pads the Brit Chinooks used. Darned musloids were placing explosives inside in hopes of bagging a Hook. Crap is I have been sitting on that pad with another aircraft a time or three. Guess they didn't want to kill gunships or I would be ridin' clouds strummin' out a country tune on my harp!

Kajaki...Ya, that brings me right back...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:29:30 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »
 Looks interesting. Going on my list.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:12:01 AM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect