Hello Guest

Author Topic: Cobra buckle  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Cobra buckle
« on: April 24, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
Been wearing this version of the cobra buckle for about six months-

Pros- positive solid retention buckle, plastic (handy for airport security), no tail to weave through, can buckle your pants back together during public restroom ops to keep your gear from falling all over the floor

Cons- wife looks at it funny and can't figure out how to undo it!  ;) :-[ ???
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobra buckle
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »
Idk why my pics don't load right side up

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 12:19:53 AM »
Cell phone pics?

That would be the reason

And I don't know how to fix that!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »

Cell phone pics?

That would be the reason

And I don't know how to fix that!

If you save them to your computer and open them with windows photo viewer or whatnot, you can rotate them 90* left or right until they are orientated in the direction you prefer. Once they are how you want, once you go to swap to the next pic in the queue they will automatically save themselves.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 11:19:02 AM »
Bobby's right

But if anyone tries to upload pics straight off of cell phones, from what I've seen, they rotate for some reason.

I couldn't find any switch in the software to fix that issue. But upside down pics still get the job done...sort of
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
Been wearing this version of the cobra buckle for about six months-

Pros- positive solid retention buckle, plastic (handy for airport security), no tail to weave through, can buckle your pants back together during public restroom ops to keep your gear from falling all over the floor

Cons- wife looks at it funny and can't figure out how to undo it!  ;) :-[ ???

Been thinking of getting a new belt and utilizing one of those, but I've been eyeing the metal ones.

Why metal?

Cause, I have a tendency to break things, or things break and I'm somehow to blame.  So I, personally, prefer something sturdier as a just in case.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »
Now you just need a composite letter opener and the alarms will never go off!!

I used to train the "hired" help at the security desks. I would give someone a cup of coffee with nice big metal knife in it. The security would set the coffee on the machine and have them walk through, then hand them the coffee back,,,,,,,,,was funny.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »
Funny every time we travel TSA pushes me through.... I should be a ringer for a screening with my civy passport history, (always traveled blue), military aged male, shaved head, military build..... But not ONE single time have I been pulled aside! My wife however, every... Single... Time!!!! Pisses me off to no end... The only place she's ever traveled abroad is Ireland and there aren't too many 5' nothin attractive IRA operatives looking to bomb Fresno Cali I wouldn't think......... Never saw her profile come across my SIPRNet email anyways..... On the last flight I took even the Muslim dude in line with us had a whiskey tango foxtrot look on his face... So we got to chatting and he said he had NEVER been pulled aside for "special screening" and neither had any of his close Muslim friends!! I guess we are getting off topic....
Bobby, don't think you could break this one... I've tried save putting it in a vice and taking a hammer to it or twisting it in opposition with 24" pipe wrenches...

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »
JR, pulled a similar stunt with a lunch box on an anti piracy training I was conducting for the Kenyan navy. Put a fake bomb in a lunch box and they threw it to the side as they raided our boat. I had their team leader open the box after we indexed and he yells "BOMB" and they all jumped off the boat.... We all laughed and laughed! They were a funny bunch of dudes very simple.

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
Bobby, don't think you could break this one... I've tried save putting it in a vice and taking a hammer to it or twisting it in opposition with 24" pipe wrenches...

Hmm, well then where did you acquire this buckle?

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »
This one is made by Condor... Which isn't chinacom apparently anymore...... Made right here in Merica and runs about $40 USD for the whole belt!

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »
This one is made by Condor... Which isn't chinacom apparently anymore...... Made right here in Merica and runs about $40 USD for the whole belt!

8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal