Hello Guest

Author Topic: Venison easy bake  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Venison easy bake
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:57:21 PM »
I tend to try things and see if it sticks when it comes to cooking. This one was AWESOME! I took a big deer steak and cut it into 3x3 cubes and perforated it with a fork.

In a bowl use worcheshire liberally. Almost cover all of it. Take horseradish mayo or just HR and go ahead and be liberal with that too. Slice some japaleenos and onion (big pieces) and throw them in. Pour in a 7.5oz coke (regular), cover and marinate for 2-3 days stirring once a day.  When ready take thick cut peppered bacon and wrap each one with a toothpick to hold it together. Place them all lined up in a appropriatly sized pyrex dish, pour marinade in and cover with foil. Preheat and bake at 425 for 10-15 mins then turn it down to 325 for about 20-25 mins. Check on it around the 30 min (total) mark.  This is optional but when almost done I heated a pan with a little olive oil and seared them both sides to crisp up the bacon and give some texture. The house will be smelling so good right now.  That marinade you cooked it in is now also an incredible sauce!!!

For sides I peeled and sliced carrots and marinated them in a freezer bag with a bottle of ginger beer for a few days too. Turning once a day. Bake those in a covered dish with butter (I really like land o lakes salted) for about 30 mins while you cook the meat.   Add home made mashed pots and this is a absolute killer recipe!  Tasted JUST like beef tips. If you have a family memeber that just can't see past Bamby (like my wife) they would never know.  Add your own twist!  My reciepes are always different and I measure and write down nothing. I just use what I got!

Enjoy!!

Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Venison easy bake
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
Sounds awesome!  I have a not necessarily related question:  what brand ginger beer do you use?  I love a good ginger beer, but they are hard to find sometimes.   I like ginger people, Maine root, fever tree isn't bad.

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »
I used Goslings. It's got a seal on the front.  I find it to be the least "intense" of them. Very easy to drink prob my favorite.  Fever tree is good too.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »
sounds good
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »
Do most guys not just like venison sliced and grilled?  Aside from what goes to sausage etc.. everything else just goes on the grill or pan fried in some butter with onions. Not that I don't find any meat wrapped in bacon appealing, I just don't understand why everybody seems to marinate/ poke/ pound venison before cooking it.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:15:44 PM »

Do most guys not just like venison sliced and grilled?  Aside from what goes to sausage etc.. everything else just goes on the grill or pan fried in some butter with onions. Not that I don't find any meat wrapped in bacon appealing, I just don't understand why everybody seems to marinate/ poke/ pound venison before cooking it.
Trimmed up really good after removing all bones, fat, and membrane, sliced in about 1/4 inch think pieces, rolled in flour and quick fried. Rest goes to pepperoni.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
sliced thin w/ Montréal steak seasoning flash grilled at super high temps.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »
I do steaks with the better cuts, rest turns into burger, sausage or jerky.
I'll add some steak spice and BBQ it up.
Now the bacon add sounds good too.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »
venison roasts are the bomb when smoked.....
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 09:54:08 PM »
Smoked moose tenderloin with garlic cloves pressed inside...mmmm.
Haven't done one for years, but man...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »
I have not smoked anything venison yet. I figured with little to no fat I may as well make jerky out of it.  I have to admit I'm not partial to the straight up gamey taste but I do love deer meat. It's rather plentiful and tastes great in almost any form even spicy sausage. I prepare it in such a way that the meat takes on other flavors because I enjoy all kinds of variations. I absolutely love chicken fried cutlets of deer bathed in buttermilk eggs and flour/bread crumbs. My fav though has to be thick cut loin steaks wrapped in bacon grilled to perfection!  I have however smoked fresh turkey breast and that ain't to bad either. Great. Now I'm headed to the freezer to plan dinner tomorrow..
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »
Smoked moose tenderloin with garlic cloves pressed inside...mmmm.
Haven't done one for years, but man...

Absolutely! Same with elk, a bit fatty but amazing in a tin foil roast w carrots potatoes and onions. We sometimes get a chance to shoot a bunch of quail and pheasant and have a great big roast on the weekend. You can't go wrong with that! 
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 10:48:18 AM »
Venison is good almost every it's prepared.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal