TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Construction and heavy equipment

Chainsaw safety equipment

(1/4) > >>

Nate:
I am in need of some chainsaw safety equipment, IE....chaps, helmet, etc

I am looking for some tried and true actual safety equipment recommendations.

What i am looking for is a helmet recommendation that can withstand a chainsaw kickback and i can still be standing along with some chaps to protect my lower extremities.?!

TexasRedNeck:
Meh. Shorts and flip flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
Seriously. If you aren’t running a pro chain and using the tip of the saw incorrectly you should be fine.  I use a Husqvarna hard hat ear muffs combo but no chaps or other equipment.  Pro chains allow for more aggressive cutting but I’ve never felt the need for it and I run my saw quite a bit. Use common sense and you’ll be fine. 

If you want THE source go to Bailey’s online.

https://www.baileysonline.com/chainsaws/chainsaws/farm-ranch-chainsaws.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi5mP0Yyq8AIVYQJ9Ch0MZwDGEAAYASAAEgLA7_D_BwE

Bob Smith:
Nate, if you feel better get a set of chaps and some hearing protection. I have chaps but rarely wear them. They do work if that oh crap moment ever happens. If you have good hearing now, wear the muffs so you keep what you have.

Bigdave_185:
Chaps get stupid hot to me
And I usually run no helmet, I think like Charles says your bar length and chain type have a lot to do with it.   Steel toe boots are a must as I have a terrible habit of moving stuff with my boots and then cutting it while holding it.

Some good wedge blocks, a good set of files, and a small hatchet for along ways also

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version