VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

T-I-Double-Gurr-Err Tiger Build

(1/50) > >>

Flyin6:
Well as if I'm not knee deep in other projects I have been quietly behind the scenes putting my Adventure-Bike together for fun times, not necessarily the implosion of planet America.
The DR-650 is definitely the bike to take snakin' around the wood and the hood, but I really love adventure riding with my friends and by my lonesome..

For years I have looked at the BMW offerings, often vacillating from the big GS 1200 back to the twin cylinder German twin, the GS 800 bike. Knowing that I want to tour back roads to dirt roads, to two tracks and the occasional across field running, the big bikes were just too big, bulky, and heavy.

So as I settled in on a mid sized bike, and knowing that I had a "big-small" bike in the DR-650, a water cooled euro bike in the 100 horsepower class would still be light enough to hit the trails but could also cross the continent.

While looking at the BMW, I one day strayed upon the Triumph Tiger. An adventure bike in it's own right, it had "That certain look" I was after. So I started to learn more. The reviews were usually split over which was the better bike, the GS or the Tiger, but they were always at the very top of the heap.

Turns out the Tiger had a road variant, the XR, and a trail oriented bike, the XC. So, as I started to focus in on the Tiger, I ran across a left over 2014 Tiger XC at the Harley store of all places! The sales guy there had sold me a Harley in years past and when he saw me, he said he had something really cool in the back to show me, since I liked all that dirt riding crazy stuff. Well, there sat a brand new 2014 Triumph Tiger XC in white. The asking price was a give away, so I became intrigued.

A call to the Triumph store which the Harley guys also owned, intro'd me to a Shawn, a sales woman I knew from before. She went on to tell me they had them in OD green and one was on the showroom. That bike was a 2015 Explorer, a 1200, which sure did look cool, but was just too big. We started talking and they got to learn a bit of what interested me, and would you know it, Triumph had just created a super off roader, the Tiger XCA, and they had one in the crate still.

I researched it, just loved what I was reading, so I bought it sight unseen!

Flyin6:
It was white as well...

Thing is these XCA's are rare. The dealership only gets one. They have to sell it before Triumph will ship them another one!

It is just like this:

Flyin6:
The Cincinnati Triumph dealership is definitely a cool place to hangout!  Shawn did the paperwork and even gave me a Triumph T-Shirt

Nate:
that is a nice looking machine, and triumph is a very respectable machine with proven combat experience.

EL TATE:
I'm a huge fan of Triumph. Dad had 69 or 70 tr6 I'd like to get back some day. Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version