Hello Guest

Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 899 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Dogs
« on: April 06, 2021, 08:44:07 AM »
I am of the school that generally there are no bad dogs just bad dog owners. I also don't buy that there is a "bad" bread. Spent most of my evening helping a friend trying to save two sheep that had been attacked by two dogs. These dogs had already killed other animals and the owners put on notice. After the attack the dogs went home and dog mom gave one a bath and the dog dad took one to another city to hide it out. If you keep dogs that have killed other animals keep the controlled! This hits home because these dogs live the block over from my son and his family, just think that if the dogs had attacked my grandson while he was out riding his bike I would be in jail.

Done venting

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 09:18:40 AM »
I go ahead and say there are breeds that have no business in the hands of regular people.  Pit bulls are one of those breeds. Dog genetics are just facts. 

I’m hope you involve the police and get it handled with out the dogs owners being more stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »
I go ahead and say there are breeds that have no business in the hands of regular people.  Pit bulls are one of those breeds. Dog genetics are just facts. 

I’m hope you involve the police and get it handled with out the dogs owners being more stupid

The Sheriff and animal control made contact with the owners and they gave up the dogs. Oklahoma upped the small ckaims amount to $10K so looke like a small claim court date is needed. But also the dogs are Pit Bulls

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 10:01:37 AM »
I'm not so friendly about such things

My past: I was an avid runner. Ran at work, had to, in my particular unit we worked out 2-3 hours every day. Part of that was a relaxing run for me. I come home early or have a rare day off and I'd go for a jog around the beautiful hills of Tennessee where I lived at the time. Neighbor had two mixed dogs that used to come out after me and do a flanking attack, trying to bite at my heels.

I met with him and told him I would not tolerate that, and would shoot them if they persisted. He paid me no attention. The very next morning, I am backing my Chevy truck down my driveway when both of them charge the truck. They would jump on it and had scratched it plenty of times. I had my 1911 in my right hand. I hit the first one just as he slowed to launch, then I shot twice at the retreating second. He just made it into the neighbors yard when he died.

That night I knocked on his door with both of his dogs laid out on his front porch. I hated doing that, but it was really not me, but the owner who caused them to die.
Another story. Scout, who all of you have seen many times on my hide site thread and various truck build threads was my favorite of all time. A GSD, he was actually in the down-line of the TV dog on "The Lone Ranger" "Rin-Tin-Tin"

He bit my grand daughter one day when she hugged him around the neck. I can say, without any hesitation, putting him down was one of the absolute lowest points of my life.

Dogs are so special to humans. They approach being human in our minds. They are pure love, and a giving love. Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car, then come back in two hours...Which one is happy to see you?

Ya, like that.

But if they turn dangerous, they need to be sent far away to somewhere that has no potentially dangerous interaction. If a dog bites a person and it wasn't provoked, then where can you place that dog where it won't endanger another unknowing person? If it kills farm animals, then if you send it to a urban setting, how do you know it won't kill nearby animals. Tough call, but when the line is crossed, unlike Obummers multiple line in the sand crossings, the right thing must be done.

Edit: Those two who met the .45 sudden stoppage incident were both pit bulls
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 10:03:02 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
I have my ol English that was bread for pain tolerance, I have watched the vet literally bend needles to puncture his skin, I have had to pull skin tight to use a scalpel to remove growths off his back.  All with zero pain medication or numbing the area.  Genetics are genetics and Anyone who fights that is not someone I will ever agree with.   Similar reasons why inbreeding is bad for the breed line or human line. No family reunion marriage ends well

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 10:20:05 AM »
I grew up on a farm, dad and granddad both raised champion sheep. At one point grandad owned the #1 ram and ewe for their breed in the US at the time. On a farm we have tools, some of those tools are in fact dogs. It’s my belief & that of my dad & granddad once a dog tastes blood from chasing they will never quit the hunt. So with any broken tool if it can’t be fixed you get rid of it. I watched Dad once get rid of the neighbors GSD who was in our flock damaging the livestock. As such I wouldn’t think twice putting an animal down and have on a couple occasions. The discussion with the owner was not something I enjoyed but facts are facts.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 07:36:21 AM »
I dont know why people cant keep their dogs at home. We had a pair show up one day. Figured out who owned them and just said come get your dogs and keep them at home. Every day these 2 mutts would show up. After 3-4 days and the owner witnessing her dogs pin our dog under the pickup I sternly said we can not have them here any more. Not yelling but through clenched teeth.
Next morning like clock work here they come. A couple of the guys took them someplace.  The boss and I kept plausible deniability but the owners never came looking.

Our neighbor to east had a German Shepard. Killed everything he could get to. He didn't last long. Never killed anything here but he was always chasing the cattle. He got a taste of a .22 and made it home to die in his yard.

You can only be nice so long. From then on every strange dog that shows up here disappears. I am sorry it came to that but each neighbor had multiple warnings. The owner of the German shepard was told point blank. That dog comes over here again and I am going to shoot it.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 10:32:44 AM »
On the complete flip side to all this, my mastiff will sit at the edge of the driveway and wait for the neighbor Tim to come home from work, he drives passed the house and Harley gets ready as Tim goes to check the mail.  When he gets out in the driveway Harley waits for Tim to look at him and like the massive big oaf he is he jogs across the street to see his favorite person lol

The other waits for the other neighbor

Way off in the distance Dustin just started his truck and Duke thinks he is coming to pet him lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal