Hello Guest

Author Topic: Christmas 2019  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Christmas 2019
« on: December 07, 2019, 02:40:05 PM »
That time of year again.

How many years have we been doing this, 5 years now!

We rescued some Christian Refugees fleeing ethnic violence in Rwanda. We provided them clothing and a nice Christmas. Today that family is totally integrated into the Cincinnati local community and very active in church and just about everywhere. They actually give back to those in need themselves

Then we provided Christmas for two young ladies who didn't even have sheets for their bed. They got a nice bedroom set each, warm coats, clothes, and gift certificates. That one was anonymous and included a bible each. Today those families struggle but we did show them Godly love.

We paid the rent for a mexican family, bought them some gifts, and gave another Mexican family the only gifts they got one year. The first family, once facing deportation was rescued by an act of God and today still lives here in the US. Their children were stellar students. THe youngest was chosen by the American association of physicians as the one person most likely to succeed to herself becoming a physician, and today she is in college climbing those steps. The oldest son graduated a 4 year university with an engineering degree and has gone on to now almost finished with his masters in engineering.

Last year we provided furnishings for a Veterans home which had just opened and was devoid of any trappings or nice things. Today that house houses, I think 6-8 otherwise homeless veterans.

Which brings us to this year.

I never like to get out in front of anything God is doing, so I just sit back and wait for him to speak. Well the other day while visiting with Nick at his shop, where we were supposed to be discussing the engine layout for the Burb, we found ourselves talking about homeless kids, and folks in need, and charity. He told me about a home for abused children he volunteered at and right away I knew we had to sow into this place.

So with a tug on my spirit from a mush stronger and infinitely better one, I think we need to get behind several kids, well as many as possible and buy them Christmas. I'd like to dig deeper into this and figure out specifics, as in who needs/wants what. The whole operation is somewhat guarded so that other children will not find out these kids "Live in a home."

But they have to live there for their own safety. Their parents are either abusive, strung out on drugs, missing in action or who knows what. They are not doing what they should or as God intended and while Satan has them wrapped up in his world, I'd like to, on our behalf, show these kids what the kingdom of love has for "the least of these"

Anyone in?

Donate same as always, and if you want to jump in for the first time, please do. as always 100%+ of your donations will go for the kids, none to any of us. We hope to gain nothing, we don't want nor need any recognition, and would perfer to do this in secret.

So let's get at it, see if we can hit $100,000

(Wow, wouldn't that be nice!)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »
OK, we have our first $100 donation...Thank you sir!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »
I think this a good one, Don. Thanks!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 07:50:41 AM »
OK, we have our first $100 donation...Thank you sir!

:smiley:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 06:22:16 PM »
Three hundred smackers so far!

Kool

Only $99,700 to go to hit our goal!

I have three donations via PayPal, and one member called me and asked me to stop by and collect a cash donation.

I am humbled by what I see in all of your actions...

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 08:51:05 AM »
Hell Big D, don't forget to swing by and see me sir

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
Hell Big D, don't forget to swing by and see me sir
I'll be by Larry, Had to take one of my broken down wrestlers to the doc, and I have so much broken stuff in my house, I need a maintenance team and a week!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 01:52:49 PM »
Just received another $100 donation, Thank you very much

and

Larry, I forgot to stop by! OK, so I'll get you this week sometime.

Everyone:

I'll have an Amazon link if you want to purchase selected gifts for the kids in lieu of donating cash. Nick provided it and I just want to touch base with the program director, Anne before posting it up.

It's kind of cool, just a link to a bunch of stuff the kids and the people who work there selected. I'm going to get in on that and buy them some things. As always this whole thing will be completely anonymous, as Jesus would prefer it to be.

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 02:35:49 PM »
Its all good Don, its here when you come by

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 08:38:16 AM »
Never used the amazon link before, how does that work? Clock on and order. Does it come to my house?  Or ship directly to them or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »
I just did it Dave. You put which gifts you want in the cart, and when you checkout it gives an option for their address in KY. Goes straight to them. You can put something on the gift package (s), like merry Christmas or whatever.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »
Perfect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
My computer was on the blink while I was at the farm...
Back now for a little while
On the link,click on the link to ship directly to the kids center
I did and my stuff is already there

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 10:20:42 AM »
While I was away, we had another $100 and another $50 donation

Thank you gentlemen!

Well on our way toward that $100,000 goal!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »
We have delivered the check for $550 to the Children's home.

I got to see the room where all the Amazon gifts from the list have been delivered and I was surprised at the volume of toys and things. I think they said they had 85 total boxes from Amazon delivered so far and ours is mixed in amongst the heap.

The cash was much needed to shore up things for some of the kids and they were very thankful for your generosity.

I was not allowed into the actual housing unit for the kids, but let me tell you, from what I saw they had a cool place to live. Just off the grounds of Devou park in Park Hills Kentucky is a repurposed mansion and a lesser house which dwarfs my rather large home. It is situated on a prominent hill overlooking downtown cincinnati and is partially bordered by a golf course. It is majestic and tranquill. Considering the circumstances by which the kids get placed there it seems to be a soft landing

Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's gifting!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2019, 08:07:53 PM »
Would it be a group you could take one or three camping out to your place Don?  Lots of kids don’t get that kind of experience.  Sleepin under stars is a very God like experience in my opinion

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
We have delivered the check for $550 to the Children's home.

I got to see the room where all the Amazon gifts from the list have been delivered and I was surprised at the volume of toys and things. I think they said they had 85 total boxes from Amazon delivered so far and ours is mixed in amongst the heap.

The cash was much needed to shore up things for some of the kids and they were very thankful for your generosity.

I was not allowed into the actual housing unit for the kids, but let me tell you, from what I saw they had a cool place to live. Just off the grounds of Devou park in Park Hills Kentucky is a repurposed mansion and a lesser house which dwarfs my rather large home. It is situated on a prominent hill overlooking downtown cincinnati and is partially bordered by a golf course. It is majestic and tranquill. Considering the circumstances by which the kids get placed there it seems to be a soft landing

Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's gifting!
Great to hear. Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2019, 02:07:25 PM »
Would it be a group you could take one or three camping out to your place Don?  Lots of kids don’t get that kind of experience.  Sleepin under stars is a very God like experience in my opinion

I don't think these kids are allowed to do things like that
From what I can see, they are watched over fairly closely and where they live is pretty low key so as not to let other children know tht these kids "Live in a home."
They are victims of violence and abuse and under psychiatric care to a degree. Their home is a controlled environment, so things like going to my farm are not available to these children

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »
Bummer

Offline Nskaats

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 06:25:44 PM »
I'm glad to see this worked out well for the kids. I wish I had more opportunity to be involved this year but it's been pretty hectic lately.  This is the first opportunity I've had to even make time to get caught up reading the forum.

These kids really do appreciate anything they get. Any time I've helped out in the past they've always been super excited and grateful.
Skaats Precision Motorsports
Owner and Tuner
859-415-0737
www.facebook.com/skaatsprecision

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »
 :likebutton: