• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why?
« on: April 21, 2020, 11:07:29 PM »
Why not?

Maybe Dave has the answer

https://youtu.be/-_KJ7wUvedE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:16:05 PM »
I do!!  Horsepower is the reason men do most things,   I used to have a “ hill shooter” banshee,  it wasn’t the fastest but I would give some older guys a good run because I didn’t have any Lbs to my name.   That rush of smashing gears up a massive sand hill barely hanging on, hoping you don’t miss a gear, and whoopin an ol man crap talker because I was a punk kid.

I do the same now on some much more narrow ridges and more technical trails similar rush less expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »
For some reason I get it too, but wouldn't do it now.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
I do!!  Horsepower is the reason men do most things,   I used to have a “ hill shooter” banshee,  it wasn’t the fastest but I would give some older guys a good run because I didn’t have any Lbs to my name.   That rush of smashing gears up a massive sand hill barely hanging on, hoping you don’t miss a gear, and whoopin an ol man crap talker because I was a punk kid.

I do the same now on some much more narrow ridges and more technical trails similar rush less expensive

Dave. When you get older it will be”whooping the young kids because they don’t believe the old guys can hang”

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:19:32 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:00 PM »
I do a fair amount of that too,  some of these young kids will look at a shoot and say no way,  One of my favorite spots in Mountain View Wyoming,   Spend a hour or so trying best a hill until it’s complete or the trail is so blown out you can’t get even past your previous attempt.   Such a good heart pumping work out

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
Reminds me of downhill mountain biking in CO.  My 3rd time down the mountain I went blasting past a group of teens who looked like they knew what they were doing and the looked at my like I was nuts.  Dodging bowling ball sized boulders on a technical section at 30mph was a bit hair raising

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
Lol exactly like downhill,  that was fun until you had to ride the bike back to the top,   That’s when I sold the pedal bikes that cost what my motor bike cost, more power, better suspension and I can sit and twist the throttle

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 06:38:52 PM »
Well I had a lift ticket and got to ride the gondola back up each time....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 11:27:59 PM »
That just screams old lol. Or more money then I had at the time.  Back when my bikes cost as much as my truck

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 12:16:13 AM »
Must have old beater trucks. I know bikes can be pricey, but new for new?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 07:08:59 AM »
That just screams old lol. Or more money then I had at the time.  Back when my bikes cost as much as my truck

I was 46 at the time, so yeah past my prime. I know the guys at the rental place were probably teeing up ems at the bottom of the mountain.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:09:33 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 09:06:17 AM »
Must have old beater trucks. I know bikes can be pricey, but new for new?
I’ve had some pretty nice bikes purchased new, never owned a new truck. 
But yeah 3k to start the. You start adding the shinny parts and next thing you know. 

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Why?
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 01:46:29 AM »
Bicycles today can break 5k quick fast and in a hurry. Also, electric assist bikes are the way to go. They make full suspension versions that offer 100% assist, so what you put in via the pedals it puts out in the motor. Ain’t no thing to cruise down the road at 25-30mph on a ten speed townie type bike. Get a road bike with electric assist, probably ride 40 with out much effort. Fastest I’ve hit so far is 35, I didn’t adjust the seat so she could ride it to work the next day, but I think I could go faster with the seat adjusted.

Oh, the Trek mountain bike with electric assist starts at 3800. You get the high end version that has the best motor biggest battery best brakes gears and shifters, just shy of 7k.

My cannondale that I ride from ten years ago... I paid 1200 for it then.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 01:47:44 AM by wyorunner »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 01:58:30 AM »
Pricey yes, but still not a car price.

My kids love the idea of the electric bikes, I don't like the prices!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »
Bicycles today can break 5k quick fast and in a hurry. Also, electric assist bikes are the way to go. They make full suspension versions that offer 100% assist, so what you put in via the pedals it puts out in the motor. Ain’t no thing to cruise down the road at 25-30mph on a ten speed townie type bike. Get a road bike with electric assist, probably ride 40 with out much effort. Fastest I’ve hit so far is 35, I didn’t adjust the seat so she could ride it to work the next day, but I think I could go faster with the seat adjusted.

Oh, the Trek mountain bike with electric assist starts at 3800. You get the high end version that has the best motor biggest battery best brakes gears and shifters, just shy of 7k.

How’s the weight on the e assist bikes?

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 08:53:36 PM »

How’s the weight on the e assist bikes?

FAT!!!!! I think hers is 57lbs

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »
don't make me tell Justine that you just said that about her behind......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 11:59:41 PM »
Oh geez... no it’s her behind carrying device!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 12:50:32 AM »
Oh geez... no it’s her behind carrying device!

Would you like some sympathy while your digging that hole deeper and deeper.... :popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:51:13 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 08:54:19 AM »
Somebody grab the shovel out of his hand

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2020, 09:14:22 AM »
Man Wyo. Can't believe you would talk like that about your lady. Kinda disappointed in you.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2020, 02:41:58 PM »
No sympathy needed. No need to remove the shovel. As many of you know, she’s a tough one and TINY. So it’s perfectly acceptable for her to have a bottom carrier when it makes to and from work faster than by car..

Sad part is, I think I use her E bike bottom carrier more than she does. I can get to grocery store in just a couple minutes with it!

Also, she is amazing and we are a healthy and happy husband and wife team!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal