TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Alternative Energy

Wood Fired Boiler Install

<< < (105/106) > >>

rpar86:

--- Quote from: Bear9350 on January 31, 2019, 09:55:08 PM ---If it fits and you can lift/ slide it in it's not to big.

--- End quote ---
So Kens girlfriend won’t fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bear9350 on January 31, 2019, 09:55:08 PM ---If it fits and you can lift/ slide it in it's not to big.

--- End quote ---
I know that

I have thrown some odd pieces in like a stump, a Y-section that had to weigh 150 lbs. Ate all of that. Last night I lined it fron front to back. It tends to burn best center-back beneath the flue. So I spread wood all the way to the door. This morning only one partially burned log remained and the house was a toasty 71F this morning when we got up.

Learning how to run the thing is definitely a part of making it work better. All in all, I'd only comment that your suggestions of burning uncut logs is correct and if you have the one my size, i'd invest in a log splitter. You are going to go through a lot of wood. Now having said that, I got a few cords off Duane and other than that have been burning 4our Ash trees that i dropped on my castle property. I still have several 8'-12' 30"+ diameter logs remaining. I am saving those to saw up into timbers to make tables out of for us and the girls. So 4-5 trees + some is what it will take, depending on how cold it gets.

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: rpar86 on February 01, 2019, 12:27:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Oh the stench that would make across the neighborhood, all the burning hair!

Don have you had any of the HOA neighbors say anything about the new heating unit? Does it smell the neighborhood of fire/smoke?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on February 01, 2019, 09:06:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: rpar86 on February 01, 2019, 12:27:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Oh the stench that would make across the neighborhood, all the burning hair!

Don have you had any of the HOA neighbors say anything about the new heating unit? Does it smell the neighborhood of fire/smoke?

--- End quote ---
No, surprisingly quiet here

dave945:
Hey Don, have you fired up the boiler this year yet?  Or are you waiting for the cold snap to hit?  Just curious how it is going with that.  I’m doing planning for doing an install at my house and I’m trying to figure out location for the boiler and routing of the Pex lines and such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version