Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1326565 times)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1350 on: September 29, 2016, 07:34:10 AM »
My brother brought the semi and low boy with a payloader on it. Picked it up on either side and backed the trailer under it. Worked pretty slick.

We had turkeys once. The white ones. They are the dumbest birds I ever seen.  I wanted to get a few geese to butcher. I was going to buy one at the store for Christmas. $80. I thought it had to be a misprint. They were all 80 bucks. Ducks were pricy too.

My grandma always had guinea. They pretty much took care of themselves. Roosted in the trees they only went in the coop in the winter.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:40 AM »
Good lookin setup Jon. $80 for a goose?? did I read that right?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 29, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
Picked up a new addition to the fam. Sophie's pup, which I'm sure will become Cyndie's and Sophie's child.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 29, 2016, 10:57:41 PM »
My brother brought the semi and low boy with a payloader on it. Picked it up on either side and backed the trailer under it. Worked pretty slick.

We had turkeys once. The white ones. They are the dumbest birds I ever seen.  I wanted to get a few geese to butcher. I was going to buy one at the store for Christmas. $80. I thought it had to be a misprint. They were all 80 bucks. Ducks were pricy too.

My grandma always had guinea. They pretty much took care of themselves. Roosted in the trees they only went in the coop in the winter.

Turkeys bring a whole new level to stupid. Drowning in a water dish, yep, running in front of moving cars, yep, a tom fighting the tire as it's driving out of the yard, yep.

I did not know goose was so spendy! I did know duck wasn't real cheap. Let us know how the geese work out and taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 30, 2016, 09:37:41 AM »
I'm pretty curious to see what domesticated geese taste like myself.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 30, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »
Got up at 4am for an early morning assembly at school for a local news station featuring High Schools by ABC 7 News.  Helo fly over broadcast with the usual rah, rah stuff, BUT did have a massive "22 Push-up Challenge" for Vet. Suicide Awareness - First push-ups I've done in 22 years!  Watched footage and, I actually kept proper form for all of them with no cheaters!  Pretty awesome having a couple hundred people doing it all at once on live TV.

Two funny highlights of the morning - Police came for noise complaints from neighbors, but said they were just there to "support the school", AND while walking in the dark to let the AP know to turn things down a "little", I stepped into the middle of a hand-cart on the ground, went down hard, rolled half cartwheel on hand-shoulder bouncing back up without spilling the coffee!  Good ol' Thermos tumbler took a licking and kept on ticking.  All that was before the push-ups, so body is intact, no injuries ala Don and horizontal levitation over concrete!  Side bets on whether I'll be stiff in the am?   ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 30, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »
NO bets...you WILL be stiff in the morning, guaranteed!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »
First fire of the season
Whiskey time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 30, 2016, 10:41:46 PM »
Just had quite a bonfire myself. Must be in the air.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 01, 2016, 09:29:23 AM »
Wake up call!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 01, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »
Oh Lordy Charles- that looks fantastic!  Just getting moving after my longest day at school in my career - 20 hours of Homecoming mayhem and gym decorating - dance tonight will make me wish for temporary deafness!   ;D

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 01, 2016, 12:18:11 PM »
Bet you could smell that a 100 yards away.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 01, 2016, 12:40:25 PM »
Bet you could smell that a 100 yards away.

I smelled it looking at the picture!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 01, 2016, 03:57:23 PM »
went to a memorial service for a cousin who died all too soon (62)  :-[

Ditto the turkey comments. There was a turkey farm behind where I grew up. A plane flew over and the whole herd ran into one corner of the field and most died. Guinea's are great watchdogs but dang so gawdang noisy I would never have them. Make a racket all day long. And geese are just nasty mean. I like chickens for fowl.  I'll just buy my turkey from the store.  ;)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1364 on: October 01, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »
Had my girls help me wash the Bus and then took my Girot polisher and went over it with some aggressive compound. Still need to compound the roof. Put a little wax on the drivers door and front fender.  Looks good for a 15 year old truck.

Teaser pic

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:22:07 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1365 on: October 01, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »
Oh. And replaced the 7 glow plugs on the Bus that didn't get replaced when my buddy was working on it.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:21:19 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 02, 2016, 12:50:08 AM »
Just ran around after wifey got home.

Posted the Sami up for sale, here; http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=2380.new#new and on CL and Pirate. Time to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 02, 2016, 12:24:32 PM »
Finished compounding and waxing the bus.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 02, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »
Signed up for another 5K, this time I can take Bear.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 02, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
Looks good Tex   You though about some paint match mirrors and those fender flares?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 02, 2016, 08:41:00 PM »
Not going to paint match the mirrors on this one, unless I put the paint matched mirrors off the LML on it and put power fold mirros on the LML.

Plan is to replace the door handles and bezels with black and then probably some bushwacker flares in black along with a hard bed cover in black. 

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 02, 2016, 11:56:36 PM »
You can order factory black painted handles with chrome pulls off of the Cadillac version.  That would look good as well.   

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 03, 2016, 07:32:40 AM »
Finished compounding and waxing the bus.

That's a beauty. I liked your old wheels better. I want to debadge mine too but I'm afraid I'd screw up the paint.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 03, 2016, 07:43:43 AM »
We went on a short camping trip last weekend. Took the boys on the canoe. Drown some worms. They absoutly loved it.
Almost lost the canoe on the way way home. I put it on a boat trailer behind the camper. Some idot didn't lock the winch. Back strap bounced loose and the crank unwound about a foot.

We got home and went to look at 4 little ducks. Got 5 big ones and bantam rooster for $20. All in all it was a good weekend. We were suppose to see the grand daughter but he mother changed plans. She's a flake. But I dont push anything because they don't have to let us see her. Frustrating but just have to grin and bare it. 

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 03, 2016, 08:03:31 AM »
Oh. And replaced the 7 glow plugs on the Bus that didn't get replaced when my buddy was working on it.

Does it even get cold enough down there for you to need those.  My 03 went for a year without the entire right side.  There were a lot of 0 degree days that year too.  Never had an issue with it firing up.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 03, 2016, 09:16:46 AM »
The house work is finally slowing up so I had some time to get out in the garage and start welding up a bumper.  I have had 4 of them out there (a rear bumper and 3 front bumpers) for over a year now.  I had the steel cut for them all and then my customers decided they didn't want them.  I usually get stuck with a few of them like this every year.  I will weld them up and put them up on craigslist to get rid of them. 

I started with the rear bumper and took some pictures to document it.  I plan on posting the rear bumper up hear and explaining some of the things and reasoning behind why I do what I do.  I got most of it welded and grinded over the weekend.  I have a couple more hours of work to finish it up.  I used to be able to get a rear done in a day but with the baby in the house I can't get out to the garage for a dedicated day like I used to.  Will hopefully get it done by the end of the week.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 03, 2016, 09:50:39 AM »
Well it was new tire day today.
I had such great luck with the M-55's that I'm doing them again.
New wheels, well from a wrecker new to me.

Here's what's left after 61k miles, about 98k kilometres.

They're far from done, but I won't use them in winter again.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 03, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »
I have always read good things about those M-55s.  I could never find them in the size I wanted though.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 03, 2016, 10:06:06 AM »
love those things. Looks like some pretty good wear Sam, especially for the terrain you run.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 03, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
They've held up better than I had hoped. I was a set a year before these. And replacing due to being chunked out and to this kind of tread in 20k.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: October 03, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »

Does it even get cold enough down there for you to need those.  My 03 went for a year without the entire right side.  There were a lot of 0 degree days that year too.  Never had an issue with it firing up.
No I don't need glow plugs at all but I can't stand looking at a check engine light and won't put electrical tape over it

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 03, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »
I got tired of my CEL too. Put a cheapo in and it still lit up. Put an NGK in (AC were OOS) and no issues since. Don't need em, but hate the light.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 04, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Yeah they've all been replaced with Delco and have antisieze on them so I know I'll never have an issue taking them out again.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 04, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
Makes sense.  I had snapped the end off of the first one on the right side where the power for it came into.  I know there was never power going to it but I never got a CEL for it.  I was sure they had never been changed and didn't want to risk snapping them off myself so I just left it as it never caused me a problem.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 04, 2016, 02:10:15 PM »
I used the copper AS. Had plenty of silver but the copper was recommended. No issues.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 07, 2016, 02:48:02 PM »
HELLO BOYS, IM BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

got my ass handed to me the last 4 days out on the Siletz river on the west coast of Oregon, just south of Lincoln city, trying to do some king salmon fishing.  it rained the ENTIRE time, the fish were basically non-existent, and only one fish was caught (a small little silver) that jumped off the hook right as the net was being maneuvered towards it.  so all in all many beverages were drank, good stories were told and 0 fish were harmed (not for lack of trying) during the process!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 07, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
So you got lost in the woods? Copy! Glad you're back..... ;)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 07, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »
Deliverance?

Our season ends next weekend, doubt I will get out again this year.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 07, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »
Well we're at the end of day four of this low pressure system.

It has been a mix of rain and snow continually since Tuesday night. Temps around 32-36 and nothing but soggy. If I were to guess it would have been around a foot of snow if it weren't for the several inches of rain that accompanied it.
But it seems to be clearing now, just in time for us Canucks thanksgiving weekend.
So I'm currently packing the truck to head to the boat and cabin.
I put the boat cover on Tuesday night so I didn't have to shovel snow out today. Hopefully what was in it is melted now.

Have a great weekend gang!
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:18 PM »
Packed the truck to head north beyond  the cheddar Curtain! Grouse hunting for three days with my buddy Ray and the three dogs hopefully many stories will be told, beverages drank, but not too many lies told!   Makers Mark gentleman Jack will be having a taste off I know which one I prefer! But is there such a thing as anything like that bad?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 07, 2016, 07:31:37 PM »
So you got lost in the woods? Copy! Glad you're back..... ;)

Yeah, this guy does not get lost in the wods.......lol
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 07, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »
Ya, well you ain't in Texas any more. Carry your compass and a good map or you might be. Almost every low spot is a swamp or lake so.....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 07, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
who was it that just bought a harbor freight hydraulic press?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 07, 2016, 09:09:23 PM »
I think it was me.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 07, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
I bought one but not harbor freight, then purchased air over hyd cylinder & swag press brake kit

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: October 07, 2016, 10:29:23 PM »
Well we're at the end of day four of this low pressure system.

It has been a mix of rain and snow continually since Tuesday night. Temps around 32-36 and nothing but soggy. If I were to guess it would have been around a foot of snow if it weren't for the several inches of rain that accompanied it.
But it seems to be clearing now, just in time for us Canucks thanksgiving weekend.
So I'm currently packing the truck to head to the boat and cabin.
I put the boat cover on Tuesday night so I didn't have to shovel snow out today. Hopefully what was in it is melted now.

Have a great weekend gang!
no freakin way!

Snow already!

I'm getting hammered with heat exhaustion!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:41 PM »
Tex what size and do yo think it's to big or two small?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 07, 2016, 11:08:02 PM »
I'm not Tex, but I used a 20 ton in my shop pretty regularly, until I got carried away and bent the main beam on it. Worked fine for the price.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 07, 2016, 11:42:28 PM »
What all did you use it for Ken?  Is that overkill for ball joints and leaf spring bushings?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 07, 2016, 11:44:13 PM »
I'm not Tex, but I used a 20 ton in my shop pretty regularly, until I got carried away and bent the main beam on it. Worked fine for the price.

Ken took the fact it's called an "H" press just a little too far. Apparently it wasn't up to pressing his GF H..............

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal