Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hide/Bug-out site construction thread, Part 2  (Read 196172 times)

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide/Bug-out site construction thread, Part 2
« Reply #700 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
50 amps, you moving in?

Thats about the best pic of BD yet, carnage and all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 12, 2016, 01:44:12 PM »
Redneck - that RV Mansion of your probably wouldn't make it all the way down the horse path, err...."drive".....on my way out, I almost removed my steps on natures "curbs" err...boulders!

Just had some excellent barbecue at the barrelhouse barbecue in Lynchburg Tennessee-great stuff
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 12, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
Mannn I want to come hang out! The tuck is a bit of a trek with the RV from WA tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 12, 2016, 03:46:57 PM »
Sounds like there are enough of us out here to have a nice caravan.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 12, 2016, 05:03:09 PM »
Caravan JR? No thanks, I'm not a Dodge fan. :)

I think that if we can make it to Neck's hideout, we could all fit in his mansion on wheels. Several of us could throw a 6" lift on it fairly quickly, and push/pull it up Don's trail, with someone on the roof with a chainsaw to clear the way while watching for pee'd off neighbors with pitchforks....I'm all in!!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: June 12, 2016, 11:32:23 PM »
Redneck - that RV Mansion of your probably wouldn't make it all the way down the horse path, err...."drive".....on my way out, I almost removed my steps on natures "curbs" err...boulders!

Just had some excellent barbecue at the barrelhouse barbecue in Lynchburg Tennessee-great stuff
Hey, loved having you and Ray down there!
But, had you stayed until today, when I got back down there after church, I was leading a convoy of vehicles...members of my security "Ministry." We arrived just in time to greet the leading edge of 1.5 hours of thunderstorms! One of the gentlemen nearly didn't make it in there...He was driving a car.

Cars no workie in that road. But we had a muddy mess, but shot anyway.

Mike we put a pie plate up, way down that long field and I absolutely wore it out with that M1A!

We shot hundreds (thousand or more??) rounds! So many that one area of grass doesn't need bush hogging anymore.

Bottom line: Had a good few days with CudaKidd and Ray and the church security folks! Now, back to Getting a big tractor back, researching sundial design, building a spring pack, and who knows what else!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 13, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
Sounds like a great time.

Don our Church has a similar path through the woods and although much shorter it does provide a seriously peaceful and reflective time when you are on it. I like that idea.

Like the sundial too. Very cool repurpose of some old iron. 

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 13, 2016, 07:30:52 PM »
Looks like y'all had a great time! I like the idea of a RMTS meet 'n' greet/social at the hide! It would be great to actually meet all you fine folks. Also, I thing the Ephesians trail is a fantastic idea, as is the sun dial!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 13, 2016, 11:03:34 PM »
We need to just keep talking this thing into a life of its own. No one will be able to say no and it will just happen.

I'm getting closer and closer by the week to having something which could support a number of folks for a time.

With some heat or cooling, the shed alone could house quite a few. Have your own outhouse, and washing and showering facilities. Heck depending on the timeline, might even have a washer and dryer, TV and interweb!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 13, 2016, 11:10:09 PM »
Well, my JD tractor buyer crapped out on me. I paid the repair bill on the thing today and afterward talked once more about a trade. It would be flat out stupid to trade, so without a solid sale, I'm proceeding with a few days of major maintenance on the green machine.

I have already pressure washed the thing, removed a lot of stickage, rocks, started straightening lines and what is now a list of 26 items. I figure If I jump on it hard, in 3-4 days tops, I can have it fully repaired, armored up with a lot more steel to protect against sticks tearing it up, and I plan to modify the bushhog by opening the rear end up so that a little bit of the spinning blades are exposed. I plan to reshape the aft end so that I can slowly back into trees of a small diameter and hack the dog snot out of them like with a tree saw. I checked, and I have a 150HP gearbox on the hog, so I should be able to tackle things with great success.

I'm adding LED lighting, as in a lot of them, a weapon carrier, tool box carrier, a steel-over on the grill, change all fluids, and a total service.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:18:48 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 13, 2016, 11:17:32 PM »
Don't forget to affix that dangling light on the garden tractor too-

Can't thank you enough Don- Ray n I thoroughly enjoyed our time with you!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 13, 2016, 11:22:09 PM »
Don't forget to affix that dangling light on the garden tractor too-

Can't thank you enough Don- Ray n I thoroughly enjoyed our time with you!
Copy, Red team leader

Let's do it again.

Since you have DHCE (Don's hide campin' experience, you organize and plan out the RMMG (Real Man meet n' greet)

The bacon wrapped quail paid all that in full!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 13, 2016, 11:23:22 PM »
After a lot of scrubbing washing and two bottles of simple green. I'd say it is nearly fully restored!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 14, 2016, 12:21:52 AM »
patience my old friend...............
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:13 AM »
Well, my JD tractor buyer crapped out on me. I paid the repair bill on the thing today and afterward talked once more about a trade. It would be flat out stupid to trade, so without a solid sale, I'm proceeding with a few days of major maintenance on the green machine.

I have already pressure washed the thing, removed a lot of stickage, rocks, started straightening lines and what is now a list of 26 items. I figure If I jump on it hard, in 3-4 days tops, I can have it fully repaired, armored up with a lot more steel to protect against sticks tearing it up, and I plan to modify the bushhog by opening the rear end up so that a little bit of the spinning blades are exposed. I plan to reshape the aft end so that I can slowly back into trees of a small diameter and hack the dog snot out of them like with a tree saw. I checked, and I have a 150HP gearbox on the hog, so I should be able to tackle things with great success.

I'm adding LED lighting, as in a lot of them, a weapon carrier, tool box carrier, a steel-over on the grill, change all fluids, and a total service.

I'm thinking its doing things like this that keeps causing the breakdowns of your machine.  Just saying, if you keep pushing the unit beyond its design limits your going to keep finding the weak links.  Maybe the gear box holds up but in my experience the gear boxes aren't the weak links.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 14, 2016, 09:05:50 AM »

I'm thinking its doing things like this that keeps causing the breakdowns of your machine.  Just saying, if you keep pushing the unit beyond its design limits your going to keep finding the weak links.  Maybe the gear box holds up but in my experience the gear boxes aren't the weak links.
Well, I've found weak links already with this cutter.
So far:
Aft wheel
Another aft wheel, but broken spindle
Bent and destroyed driveshaft
Upper pin: 3X
One blade broke in half
Body of the thing dented everywhere
Hole in side

But, the clutch and gearbox is still running along. It might be damaged, I'll look inside during the maintenance stand down.

The MX-6 is the HD unit Deere sells. I make it a medium duty unit based on how it holds up. It is rated to surges of 150 HP and is rated to cut 3" saplings. I always thought 3" makes the thing a tree.

So while investigating cutters, I came across these, mostly meant to mount on the front of a skid steer and drive into things, I have seen them made for a 3 point as well

It wouldn't be all that difficult to make mine up into something like one of these
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:06:59 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 14, 2016, 10:47:04 AM »
So your typical oil change then?

Should this be it's own build thread?  It is sounding worthy.  I am curious to see your LED lights.  I just purchased a 20" one to mount on my roll bar.  Bench testing proved it was way brighter than I expected, which is awesome.  But it also showed the pattern is very focused on a small area.  I was looking more for a flood type output, so still debating whether to use it on the tractor.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
So your typical oil change then?

Should this be it's own build thread?  It is sounding worthy.  I am curious to see your LED lights.  I just purchased a 20" one to mount on my roll bar.  Bench testing proved it was way brighter than I expected, which is awesome.  But it also showed the pattern is very focused on a small area.  I was looking more for a flood type output, so still debating whether to use it on the tractor.
Hmmm tractor build thread...

The "Tac-Trac?"

I'm fussing with it at the moment. Let's see where this goes...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 14, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »
Except those skid steer one run off fast hydraulics not a gear box. You were a pilot so I'll refrain from covering the basics of that difference assuming you already know where I'm going.....

Where's Duane when you need him? ???
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 14, 2016, 01:55:47 PM »
That would look right at home on the front of your JD.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 14, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
Except those skid steer one run off fast hydraulics not a gear box. You were a pilot so I'll refrain from covering the basics of that difference assuming you already know where I'm going.....

Where's Duane when you need him? ???
Maybe I missed it, but I was assuming he would just modify the current one to look like these so that it could be used to back over trees.  Not actually mount skid steer equipment on a tractor.  Which I agree is difficult for many reasons.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 14, 2016, 02:45:20 PM »
What I was implying was I do not think his gear box unit will take the abuse that a skid steer style run off of a hydraulic pump will. Not to mention the ones on the skid steer are in front of you hanging off hydraulic operate arms you can more precisely control.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 14, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »
Lookin forward to the carnage. Subbbbbbbed

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 14, 2016, 10:48:53 PM »
Well after all this confusion and what not, I think I'll just do it

Start something new...see how long it lasts!

Oh and I'll start a thread, "Tac Trac" for the (non) Tactical Tractor...Look for it

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 17, 2016, 09:18:59 AM »
Yestertag was "Appointment day"
Definition: Lots of unnecessary stuff arranged in a working day in such a way as to render the day useless and unproductive.
But I did a ton of research on solar deep well pumps.
Deep well, meaning deeper that 20-30 feet. At that depth the surface mount jet pump becomes ineffective to useless, like our government.
But a deep well pump like the sureflow or this aluminum thing pictured can be suspended in the water and happily pump all day long while the sun is ah smilin' on the Kintucky.
Flow rates are not impressive. But over a normal day the thing can raise 600 or more gallons, and that IS impressive! So, I'm absent for a few days running down silly stuff, and when I get back, I'm looking at pool party time!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 17, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »
Most of that contraption costs around $1500ish.

The pump is the expensive part, like $600-$900 for a good one.

But then there are these cheap chinaman pumps for around $120. They say that over the 6-hour average lifespan the thing can raise a couple hundred gallons! Well, that's the ones that are wired correctly from the factory. Yes that 40% can last half a day or better and are also made from bright orange plastic, so that the blind cave crawdads can easily see them and when they fail in the 90+ degree/100% humidity of a standard Kintucky day...When they fail on a day like that, the bright orange shows up exceedingly well in any low grade chinaman optic mounted on your way too expensive AR.

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »
Won't be that hot down there, but I bet the humidity is at least 100% under water. Not going to heat up at all!

That is a pricey pump. Not sure if there is an alternative that will last.

Heck, try one of these to see how it works. Buy spares if it does!! Not rated for the lift you need, but just .5 amps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201602525982?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is a little better, but a little more;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-360LPH-Solar-Powered-Mini-Submersible-Deep-Well-Water-Pump-/152095744770?hash=item23699ce302:g:7A0AAOSwADNXPSIq

Then a 100 watt panel and controller;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PV-SOLAR-KIT-100-W-Watt-100Watts-PV-Solar-Panel-12V-RV-Boat-Charge-Controller-/201330856262?hash=item2ee0411146:g:-DsAAOSw7FRWXM70

Maybe just get the really good pump you saw and diff solar system and save a bunch!!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:33:24 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 17, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »
OK, JR I need some expertise here

I suppose first I need to select the well pump

Then find a solar panel to power it.

So most of the deep well pumps I found which are designed to be solar powered are 24VDC-30VDC

For that sure pump I pictured, what do I need? And the battery is really not needed. I want to direct power the pump from the cell. Besides, 24 volt batteries are hard to find...and costly.

I actually have two 12 volt ag batteries wired in series to get me to 24VDC for Sarge

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 17, 2016, 02:52:56 PM »
Solar panels and controller are easy. Just go 2 panels and a 24v controller. Mono panels are more eff in different light, Poly work better in direct light. Don't use the cheap amorphis(?) panels. If mounted on a poll, you can add a tracker for about $100.

I found this pump, no idea on quality but it does the lift you need on 24v. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Farm-Ranch-Solar-Powered-Submersible-DC-Water-Well-Pump-24V-230FT-Lift-/251939546464?

Personally I would run the pump down a PVC tube to keep the system isolated.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 17, 2016, 05:31:13 PM »
What's wrong with wind powered mechanical ?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flatlander

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 17, 2016, 08:40:19 PM »
I guess this question is for JR...
How does the 12v controller 'buffer' the voltage output to the pump, with capacitors? What happens when a cloud shades the panel for a few minuets?
I assume there is minimum voltage cut off for the controller to the pump, but would not a set of 12 volt batteries wired in series, as in Sarge, not be the best banking of reserve amp hours at 24 volts?
My thinking says this gets you hours of pumping after the Sun has gone down or reserves during partly sunny days.

I don't know much about these systems, obviously, so curiosity made me ask.

FL

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2016, 09:11:17 PM »
What he said^^^^^^

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 17, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »
Solar panels and controller are easy. Just go 2 panels and a 24v controller. Mono panels are more eff in different light, Poly work better in direct light. Don't use the cheap amorphis(?) panels. If mounted on a poll, you can add a tracker for about $100.

I found this pump, no idea on quality but it does the lift you need on 24v. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Farm-Ranch-Solar-Powered-Submersible-DC-Water-Well-Pump-24V-230FT-Lift-/251939546464?

Personally I would run the pump down a PVC tube to keep the system isolated.

You found the cheapo Chinaman junk there J n' R!

Shame on ya!

I think I'll look for a 24VDC Sureflo...

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 17, 2016, 11:17:42 PM »
I guess this question is for JR...
How does the 12v controller 'buffer' the voltage output to the pump, with capacitors? What happens when a cloud shades the panel for a few minuets?
I assume there is minimum voltage cut off for the controller to the pump, but would not a set of 12 volt batteries wired in series, as in Sarge, not be the best banking of reserve amp hours at 24 volts?
My thinking says this gets you hours of pumping after the Sun has gone down or reserves during partly sunny days.

I don't know much about these systems, obviously, so curiosity made me ask.

FLI'm not going to be getting into the battery business. First of all, I won't need to pump after dark. If the system can raise 600 gallons a day under normal conditions, and I store up, say 10,000-15,000 gallons, then I wouldn't have any need to be pumping all the time. Say after I get 5,000 or so gallons, I am ready to party. I'm talking city style showers, and who knows, maybe even pull the Sarge down there and hose it off!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 17, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »
What's wrong with wind powered mechanical ?

Just no need for it I suppose

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: June 18, 2016, 12:09:32 AM »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 18, 2016, 01:19:52 AM »
I am just scratching the surface with quick search here. Sure you can get better pumps and if you want it to last I would go better.

Here in the bay area solar panels are everywhere. $1 a watt is easy for new stuff US made.

Controllers I'm sure are mostly made in china. I see some from Taiwan. A lot of good items come from Germany and the US too. How they buffer the voltage, not sure. My controllers on my house have HUGE heatsinks which could mean resistor to Mosfets to just good ol transformers. Good thing is the power is coming in DC and just has to be controlled and not back fed (diodes in panels and controllers). Then probably a mosfet to control voltage outputs (high/low)

So why not mechanical is up to Don. Solar is quiet with really no maint. cept keeping the panel clean.

I would get a brushless motor pump, non diaphragm. Solar panels can be had in 12-48volt so even one panel could do the job. Most good newer panels have a 25 year life span and warranty.

Let it run through a battery with a timer as a buffer and then you use the batteries for pumping at night if needed. It would also run when shaded.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 18, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
I agree on the battery. It will keep the voltage/amperage stable which will help the pump last longer. You would also be able to use it for other things in the future. ...night lighting,  etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 24, 2016, 10:42:14 PM »
I built up an aux fuel system for the generator. I've been getting 12-14 hours out of it during the cold months, but now that I am running the AC, I am seeing around 8 hours from a tankful. I believe that tank holds 3.5 gallons. I put together a much longer running +5 gallon system what will siphon the aux tank dry, then work off the fuel in the main tank. I should see 24+ hours of generator time now, considering that at night the AC does not run all the time.

Starting with cheapo parts from Harbor freight pictured here, I'll throw a system together

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 24, 2016, 10:44:45 PM »
The first order of business was to make up the pick up tube. I notched the bottom so that it will not seal itself off against the bottom, but sip every last drop of benzine

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 24, 2016, 10:47:11 PM »
There is a hardware stack-up and some RTV to help the fitting seal and remain strong through anticipated pre-ranger abuse.

I drilled a 9/16" hole beside the filler to install the pickup assembly from the inside which turned out to be quite tricky

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 24, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »
I'm using brass quick disconnect fittings which I heard worked well with gasoline. I want the system to be able to break down so i could carry the aux tank to get it filled if necessary
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:51:14 PM by Flyin6 »

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 24, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »
This fuel transfer line kit from HF had a pump bulb which I like so that I could get things going faster

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »
Hooking it all up, right away I didn't like how the cheapo Chinaman plastic hose tries to flatten closed, so I replaced that portion with a quality Parker hose

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 24, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »
Not knowing exactly how I am going to attach this to the generator yet, it is finished for now.

I am thinking I will drill out the center of the fuel tank filler and install a fitting with a barbed end. The subsequent elimination of the vent will cause fuel to be drawn down the line from the larger aux tank to replenish the gas consumed from the main tank

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 25, 2016, 12:32:25 AM »
Great idea with diy. I have seen kits that are stupid $$$.

Good idea on the quick connect, maybe a 90* on it?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2016, 08:05:22 AM »
I'm curious to see if the main will draw from the aux. I would have thought sealed main and gravity feed from aux with a vent. Now where's that popcorn emoji

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:31 AM »
I'm curious to see if the main will draw from the aux. I would have thought sealed main and gravity feed from aux with a vent. Now where's that popcorn emoji

I did some research prior to building this one. The Honda gens all have a fuel pump, so you can set the aux tank beside the generator and as the Neu-Yawkers say, "Forgetta-bout it"

The champion and most generators have no fuel pump...The tank is mounted high and above the carb, so gravity feed is the plan. With that sort of a system, one should elevate the aux tank to reduce resistance in the drawing action. Comments I read said to place it on a stump beside the generator and enjoy the ambiance!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2016, 09:18:52 AM »
Great idea with diy. I have seen kits that are stupid $$$.

Good idea on the quick connect, maybe a 90* on it?
I think the 90 would have been best, but I have to tell ya, getting that pesky fitting threaded through that hole was not an easy thing to do. You have to shove it all down the fill port, then shake it around, inverted until the brass part finally decides to show up in view. Then try and stick a screwdriver into the hole in the fitting to allow it to slide closer to the hole. Finally I used an expanding set of snap-ring pliers to catch the fitting through the inside. Then I dropped the whole thing, and repeated all that several times.

You continue that process until finally, the washer falls off and becomes stuck to the inside and you get the RTV all over the place. At this point, you fish the whole thing out and start over...Repeat until necessary until:

1. You overheat
2. You run out of curse words
3. your neighbor comes over and asks you to build a fire pit with your freshly painted tractor
4. It gets too dark to work, assuming you started the process around noon
5. You actually succeed in getting the D)*@$!! thing threaded in.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 25, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
Hey Don-

You can build a generator shed to match the outhouse and put it all in there- outta the elements and cut down on the noise.  Build it like an old grain crib with side boards slanted and gapped so air flows through yet rain stays out!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:22:11 AM by cudakidd53 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal