Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2002 Suburban 2500 Build Thread, Part 1  (Read 56578 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2002 Suburban 2500
« Reply #600 on: January 04, 2019, 09:38:51 PM »
All the cylinders still have the cross-hatch hone marks and zero lip at the top of the bore. THis thing is not showing much wear at all. I think it was a good choice to dump a bunch of power onto this shortblock, as all signs point to a barely used engine.

The fluid puddled in the bores is WD-40
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:39:24 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 04, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »
I think those are the sodium filled tulip exhaust valves...Ken???

So these heads are good, but sport a slightly larger combustion chamber than the 243 heads going back on. That increased volume and the slightly dished pistons made for a lower compression ratio that would work hard on poor gas. The 243 heads will bump compression up to either 10.5:1 or 10.7:1.

Interestingly this head draws its lineage from the corvette LS-6 head. The LS-6 motor featured a smaller bore than the full n 4" bore of the 6.0 liter. So Chevy knowing they had a great breathing head used the exact same port in a configuration set to fit the larger 4.0" bore. THe first casting, the 243 head used all of the LS-6 stuff, but for the larger bore. The 243 head was given a slightly larger chamber and renumbered the 317

All of these heads feature the tall cathedral port that flows some ridiculous numbers and is the reason these LS motors like bigger cams and make so darned much power.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 04, 2019, 09:48:22 PM »
Oh and note to self: Use fuel system cleaner often to avoid the carbon shag carpet in the intake port phenomena!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 04, 2019, 10:39:40 PM »
Amazon has a pretty good deal on a 3 pk of BG44k
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 04, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »
I pulled the valley cover to get a look at the top of the oiled area of the motor and have a peek at the knock sensors. One was OK, one was heavily corroded and will get replaced

The valley cover and everything else is currently soaking in the purple detergent losing some non-necessary grease calories!

Let me guess... the rear knock sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 04, 2019, 11:53:53 PM »
That far in, replace them both.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 05, 2019, 12:46:44 AM »
Definitely both,  only delco, and a new harness siliconed in place,  with a 1/4"x1/4" silicone dam around the front of the grommets 180 degrees... open on back half.  ..per GM bulletin,  to help keep water out of those stupid holes...and don't pressure wash that motor ever again if you can help it.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 05, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »
I pulled the valley cover to get a look at the top of the oiled area of the motor and have a peek at the knock sensors. One was OK, one was heavily corroded and will get replaced

The valley cover and everything else is currently soaking in the purple detergent losing some non-necessary grease calories!

Let me guess... the rear knock sensor?

yup

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 05, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
Definitely both,  only delco, and a new harness siliconed in place,  with a 1/4"x1/4" silicone dam around the front of the grommets 180 degrees... open on back half.  ..per GM bulletin,  to help keep water out of those stupid holes...and don't pressure wash that motor ever again if you can help it.
K-
the front rubber boot ripped when I pulled that cover off...???

New harness??? Where, Chevy?

Have to go find that bulletin...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:42:35 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 05, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »
I wonder if this has been a problem with this particular vehicle in the past. I found a piece of foam that had been pushed into the front edge below the intake manifold base, as if to stop water from travelling aft.

I wonder if I shouldn't just install a perimeter of weather stripping that would seal against the bottom of the manifold??

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 05, 2019, 12:50:23 PM »
That foam is factory but does little to stop water, especially from the sides of the intake.
Dorman makes a cheap harness.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 05, 2019, 01:16:27 PM »
My ‘02 5.3L had the same issue, rear as well. Harness was the most expensive part, but at the time I think I got it from the stealer and it was $50-$60. Don’t recall hearing about the rtv bulletin at that time.

Ryan

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 05, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
Took me a bit to find it. this says to do just the rear sensor, but I do both.
I also wouldn't recommend trying to seal the bottom of the intake. For one, I don't think you could do it 100%, and 2, you want air to circulate under it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 02:22:25 PM by KensAuto »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 05, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
OK, copy, and thanks Ken

Tried to source two Delco knock sensors...$64 ea and not available. Harness at the dealership. Trying over at Summit Racing in a minute.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »
Check flea bay. Saw a AC Delco set with harness for reasonable

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 05, 2019, 03:27:45 PM »
does rock auto have them?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 05, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
OK, got it done

Two Delco Knock sensors, one Dorman harness and a tube of dielectric grease, $138

Be here Monday

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 05, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »
I didn't get too much done, Saturday and all...

But I did get the harmonic balancer pulled along with chasing down some more parts and ordering the knock sensors

The area looks like something we left after the attack over in the box...A mess!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 05, 2019, 07:39:02 PM »
So, here's the three arm puller and if you look at the label you will note the box says it is intended for use on Chrysler vehicles

I guess the Chrysler balancers require shorter extensions because the ones supplied were not long enough

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 05, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
An extension fits into the rifle drilled part of the bolt which properly sizes it to pull your balancer

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 05, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
So this little fact, not having a long enough "push rod" started me on a little adventure that would have me cutting, grinding, figurin' (Cipherin') and end up taking a lot more time than I would have thought

Just so happened that a push rod recently harvested from the engine was the right length, and fit perfectly into the bolt!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 05, 2019, 07:43:39 PM »
You can see it here, positioned nicely and ready to do the heavy lifting:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 05, 2019, 07:44:41 PM »
But in the end it was not up to the task at hand. I believe this pushrod has given up its all!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 05, 2019, 07:46:31 PM »
Well, not to be thwarted by a little old balancer, next, I spied a head bolt soaking in some dexicool on my garage floor, so the sparks went flyin'

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 05, 2019, 07:50:33 PM »
Well after a bunch of grinding and cutting, I tried it and found it to be too short. You know the old adage, "I cut it twice and its still too short." Well, yea...

But then I remembered the pic that I posted showing some knucklehead using a bolt head to shove against and my third invention of the morning was conceived

Take the old balancer bolt, saw off the generous flange, run it in there and push against that!

Yea, its ugly, but it was gonna work!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 05, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »
Then to set the length on the end of the bolt, I simply used a 5/16" bolt with a nut I could adjust for length

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 05, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »
I put the impact against it and that balancer came right off!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 05, 2019, 07:55:32 PM »
I really want to pull the camshaft and the rest of the crap and start reassembly, but let me see, first there's wrestling, then dinner, then church, then someone's birthday party, then stacking some more wood, then at least one honey-do, then fatigue and sleep. So in a couple days I'll be dissecting further into this thing, addin' parts, cleaning and paintin' parts, and who knows what else!

Offline Dfarm01

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 05, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »
I just saw this thread and want to say that I have a much higher mileage twin to this rig. Mine is a 2001 with 280 something thousand miles on it. I like the truck a lot, except for fuel economy. Lol

A couple of pointers;

the stuff I read when I had my valley plate and knock sensors out said to remove the rear foam block that you saw under the intake in addition to the rtv dams in front of the sensors.

The nasty buildup that you saw in the intake was probably from the crappy pcv system, not poor fuel. Some people like to run catch cans, even on stock engines to keep that stuff out of the intake. I heard that there's a valley plate from a Corvette that has the pcv built in that will work on the lq4 that's supposed to be better than the stock set up. I wonder if just drilling and tapping a hole for a fitting in the stock one will accomplish the same thing, or maybe two fittings, one to attach the hose from the stock pcv location and one to go to the intake?  Just something I've been brainstorming. There is also an updated pcv valve that doesn't have a check ball in it.

On tires, (I have only skimmed through the first and last pages, so you might have figured something out, I'll catch up later) my suburban came with the 6" lift and 35"x12.5" tires on 17" wheels.  The tires rubbed quite a bit so I folded the pinch welds on the front of the cab to stop this, but it'd still rub when I turned sometimes. I went with 315/70/17's when I got new wheels and tires and they don't ever rub.

I had a very hard time finding the gaskets for the little coolant bypass pipe that bolts to the corners of the heads.  If you need some, the only ones that I was able to find were doorman part number 56390. The issue was nobody's catalog showed them, so it took a ton of looking.

Hopefully you have better luck with all the power options inside than I do. I don't think the seats have worked right since I got it, and I've had a couple of blend door motors go bad too. I've also been through a few window regulators.

Probably the coolest thing I've figured out though was how to turn off the "service suspension" light that comes on when you get rid of the auto ride struts.  Some people have luck wiring resistors in place of the struts, but in my case, I was able to just unplug the control module (it's in the right rear corner between the rear climate control and the taillight) and unplug the battery for a bit. The light hasn't come back on in a couple of years now.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 06, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »
I just saw this thread and want to say that I have a much higher mileage twin to this rig. Mine is a 2001 with 280 something thousand miles on it. I like the truck a lot, except for fuel economy. Lol

A couple of pointers;

the stuff I read when I had my valley plate and knock sensors out said to remove the rear foam block that you saw under the intake in addition to the rtv dams in front of the sensors.

The nasty buildup that you saw in the intake was probably from the crappy pcv system, not poor fuel. Some people like to run catch cans, even on stock engines to keep that stuff out of the intake. I heard that there's a valley plate from a Corvette that has the pcv built in that will work on the lq4 that's supposed to be better than the stock set up. I wonder if just drilling and tapping a hole for a fitting in the stock one will accomplish the same thing, or maybe two fittings, one to attach the hose from the stock pcv location and one to go to the intake?  Just something I've been brainstorming. There is also an updated pcv valve that doesn't have a check ball in it.

On tires, (I have only skimmed through the first and last pages, so you might have figured something out, I'll catch up later) my suburban came with the 6" lift and 35"x12.5" tires on 17" wheels.  The tires rubbed quite a bit so I folded the pinch welds on the front of the cab to stop this, but it'd still rub when I turned sometimes. I went with 315/70/17's when I got new wheels and tires and they don't ever rub.

I had a very hard time finding the gaskets for the little coolant bypass pipe that bolts to the corners of the heads.  If you need some, the only ones that I was able to find were doorman part number 56390. The issue was nobody's catalog showed them, so it took a ton of looking.

Hopefully you have better luck with all the power options inside than I do. I don't think the seats have worked right since I got it, and I've had a couple of blend door motors go bad too. I've also been through a few window regulators.

Probably the coolest thing I've figured out though was how to turn off the "service suspension" light that comes on when you get rid of the auto ride struts.  Some people have luck wiring resistors in place of the struts, but in my case, I was able to just unplug the control module (it's in the right rear corner between the rear climate control and the taillight) and unplug the battery for a bit. The light hasn't come back on in a couple of years now.

Good info!

On the tires, I'm leaning toward 285R75-16 (33", 11.00 wide) however no decision made yet. I want to build it as a system. Larger tire begat gear change vs suspension lift and taller needing better sway bars and so forth.

So since the tailpipe bone is connected to the headlight bone, I am trying to think of the thing as a system.

I also may build my "Intermediate" truck for now as I am on a sort of a deadline.

I am planning a trip up to Washington state starting the second week of May and lasting upwards of a month. If I can swing it, I'd like to stop and get a pic of me and as many of yaw (You all in the queens english) as possible and maybe share a cup of quoffee or tea. I want some time with my pre-rangers before they fly the coup and become real Rangers.

So I only really have like 4 months remaining to get this thing kitted out for the trip which will include trail driving in as many national parks and trails as I can find time and courage to crawl over. I also have to sort out the roof top tent and camping thing, and all the wile, still maintain some presence in the other facets of my life.

Having said that, expect simple. Maybe just a 3" lift for now, and 33 " tires, and just 400ish HP and so forth

Included in this build are a couple of bumpers which, thanks to the urgings of all of you boneheads will be supplied by Bear of this web site.

Its a little early, but he is working up my requested design changes and will supply me a file which I will happily motor over to a laser steel cutter 15 miles away. Then I'll save massive time putting the puzzle together and end up with a winch, pioneer gear and some prius killin meat grinders

So, Dorman 56390...Got it!

Oh and I no-havie auto joke, err, auto ride.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 07, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
Some boxes are starting to pile up, so I decided to start the day off with working down the pile somewhat

First up, replace the factory fuel filter with a new AC Delco unit

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 07, 2019, 09:36:53 PM »
Next up, a quick change of the cabin air filter. The one I took out looked to have been recently changed, it was spotless. I installed a better one with activated charcoal.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 07, 2019, 09:38:32 PM »
Again, you will note the stuff I uncovered looked absolutely new!

Next I installed the dash mounted solar cell battery trickle charger.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 07, 2019, 09:39:37 PM »
Then it was back to motor work. I removed the timing cover first

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 07, 2019, 09:48:19 PM »
And that's when I learned about the LS motor oil pump...

Yea

It has a little surprise. And now I understand why so many people don't replace it or the timing chain. It is held in place by four easy to-get-to bolts and one devious little monster that is next to impossible to even see.

Turns out you need to drop the oil pan to get a wee bit more clearance to see that bolt. Now with the radiator and condensor still in place, I can't get a good look at the thing and that makes things even more difficult.

So I went about loosening the oil pan bolts and was able to get to all of them, save one. The pesky bolt that sits directly above that big 9.25" AAM front differential is almost as difficult to access. The only way to get to it is to fish a short 10mm socket attached to a universal joint attached to a "wobble" extension.

And

For

Some

Reason

That universal socket was nowhere to be found!

I ran into a total work stoppage, where the goal for today was to get the cam out and the new one in.

So with no options, I shifted gears and took to scrubbing the parts I had removed, then spraying them with brake cleaner, then painting..
Iron will go back black. The aluminum castings that Farm-all gray, and a splash of chevy orange on the valve covers just to jazz things up a tad bit.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 07, 2019, 09:50:47 PM »
And the mailman delivered the AutoCal tuner from Justin at BlackBear Performance.

I'll open that sucker up tomorrow and probably pull a stock tune out of the computer to send to them so they can get busy building me a tune for this thing.

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 07, 2019, 10:18:50 PM »
Don, my helper knows a few things about mods to that engine, and we were discussing your build. The first thing he asked me was " is he doing a Trailblazer SS intake swap ? It's good for 30hp, and you can get a new Dorman off Amazon for 240.00". You hear about that anywhere? He says it's a pretty easy swap, but he's also in his 20's so ya might take that with a grain of salt. lol
When you drop that pan be sure to change the oil cooler gasket, and GM pan gasket is just slightly more than a felpro and they last a little bit longer....and be sure the pickup tube o-ring is in the pump box, and make sure it's the right thickness compared to the old one...there are a couple different sizes/colors (color not as important). That o-ring is the weak link of LS motors, capable of sending roller lifters and crankshafts to the boneyard at an early age.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
2002 Suburban 2500
« Reply #637 on: January 07, 2019, 11:43:43 PM »
All this talk got me looking. Found a big boy with a big boy price... 8.1L

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/757834692/overview?aff=share_other

Ok, this one is a little better.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/760367690/overview?aff=share_other

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:45:32 PM by rpar86 »
Ryan

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 07, 2019, 11:49:40 PM »
Ryan, that 44k one looks nice. 226 on the other!!  :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good plan so far. If you go wheels, because you want wider for sure, you could still do 17's and clear with a 3 inch lift (really just a level kit).

I probably went backwards with my intake, but I have a clearance issue with the elky hood. I now have an LS intake vs the truck 5.3 and a CTS pan.

Bumpers sound cool, can't wait to see em. What is you planned route for the trip?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:50:57 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #639 on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:46 AM »
May huh?  I was just talking to my wife about if we had enough weekends between now and May to build a truck from a bare frame. Sounds like we might both be busy.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 08, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
May huh?  I was just talking to my wife about if we had enough weekends between now and May to build a truck from a bare frame. Sounds like we might both be busy.
I plan to stop in and finally meet you two, get a pic or two. Maybe talk you out of the WW2 bomb! ;-)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 08, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »
Don, my helper knows a few things about mods to that engine, and we were discussing your build. The first thing he asked me was " is he doing a Trailblazer SS intake swap ? It's good for 30hp, and you can get a new Dorman off Amazon for 240.00". You hear about that anywhere? He says it's a pretty easy swap, but he's also in his 20's so ya might take that with a grain of salt. lol
When you drop that pan be sure to change the oil cooler gasket, and GM pan gasket is just slightly more than a felpro and they last a little bit longer....and be sure the pickup tube o-ring is in the pump box, and make sure it's the right thickness compared to the old one...there are a couple different sizes/colors (color not as important). That o-ring is the weak link of LS motors, capable of sending roller lifters and crankshafts to the boneyard at an early age.
OK, let me tackle this one at a time

On the TBSS intake, They seem to be good for 25-30HP, true, however, Joe at vinci cams suggests I stay with the truck intake to keep velocities high. He thinks I should not be aiming for total HP numbers, but rather for the "power under the curve" as he states it. He suggested I save the money from the TBSS conversion and spend it on a converter

Next, not dropping the pan. You tubes I have watched suggest just loosening the bolts enough to get the pan to droop in the front some to get a bit more access, then snugging it all back up afterward

I purchased a Chevy performance parts oil pump, which I think is actually just a stocker. It did not come with an O ring. The vids I have watched show everyone rotating the old pump off the pickup tube, then reversing the procedure to install the new one. Also, I would have to almost pull the engine to remove the pan as it sits just above that crossmember and the front differential. I am not going to do that. THis thing has already become a headache, I don't want to turn it into a migraine!

Now, I have a question for your friend (or anyone??) I noted that the timing chain which is pitifully small was very loose. So much so, that I could rotate the camshaft a little bit without moving the crankshaft! I believe it to be stretched. I observed later LS motors to have a cam chain tensioner, but this motor does not have one? I read somewhere that the LS truck motors were improved later on...I am wondering if the earlier blocks did not have the chain tensioner, and stretched chains, so the engineers added the chain tensioner later on??

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 08, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »

Sounds like a good plan so far. If you go wheels, because you want wider for sure, you could still do 17's and clear with a 3 inch lift (really just a level kit).

I probably went backwards with my intake, but I have a clearance issue with the elky hood. I now have an LS intake vs the truck 5.3 and a CTS pan.

Bumpers sound cool, can't wait to see em. What is you planned route for the trip?

Well, I'll be going out through Nebraska, then up the northern route to visit Pinedale, WY, Duane's hometown, then through??? to end up near Seattle where I'll see my son and the Tate, then drive south to possibly visit you, then include the denver CO area for a GLO sighting and SLC for one of the Daves, and then other locals if I figure out where folks are that are not too far off the beaten path where I can get in a quick visit...

Bumpers: Bear gave me a pic of the first redesign where he "Skinnied" up the thing he had and added some features I was asking for. We are doing a back and forth right now, and about to start on the rear bumper mods. I'll ask Bear if he minds me posting a pic or pics of the evolution of the thing...

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:27 AM »
Sounds like a nice drive, hitting a few parks too?

Nebraska, doesn't some OLD guy live out there?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »

Well, I'll be going out through Nebraska, then up the northern route to visit Pinedale, WY, Duane's hometown, then through??? to end up near Seattle where I'll see my son and the Tate, then drive south to possibly visit you, then include the denver CO area for a GLO sighting and SLC for one of the Daves, and then other locals if I figure out where folks are that are not too far off the beaten path where I can get in a quick visit...

Bumpers: Bear gave me a pic of the first redesign where he "Skinnied" up the thing he had and added some features I was asking for. We are doing a back and forth right now, and about to start on the rear bumper mods. I'll ask Bear if he minds me posting a pic or pics of the evolution of the thing...
All this talk got me looking. Found a big boy with a big boy price... 8.1L

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/757834692/overview?aff=share_other

Ok, this one is a little better.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/760367690/overview?aff=share_other

I'd lock down that 8.1 in half a heartbeat.
496 cu in of Chevy big block power. Easily made into a 550-600 ft/lbs torque beast.
Think about it, if you buy new, how much are you paying extra for the treehugger stuff and the safety nazi stuff. You really want a SUV that backs itself into a parking space or one that has some creature comforts but still makes you feel like a man?
I no longer subscribe to the newer is better marketing brain washing. The old stuff, customized is W AAAA Y cooler than a $70K new piece that a techy hippie can buy (and never use)

I'm startin' the old is cool movement. Yea, well, partially because I'm old, but mostly because "Classic is fantastic"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:53:12 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 08, 2019, 10:53:33 AM »

yessir

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 08, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »
Dad/pre-ranger adventure time

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:59 AM »

he just wants some of the good home cookin from me..... :beercheers:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
2002 Suburban 2500
« Reply #648 on: January 08, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »
There’s all kind of to visits between your house and Seattle, will be a great trip. Pinedale ain’t much, just another small Wyoming town, it’ll be worth seeing though simply because it’s Duane’s home town.

Friend of mine back home, goes there about once a month sometimes more depending on what the weather has destroyed.

Depending on the dates we may be up that way for a race weekend in Jackson, would be great be able to have a coffee with you guys.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:23:28 AM by wyorunner »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 08, 2019, 12:00:47 PM »
If you make it close to Texas let me know. Otherwise I’ll have to plan a trip to the Tuck when I go to Memphis next time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal