TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Construction and heavy equipment

Sany 80U Excavator

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
I sold my Kobelco SKC-250 Excavator machine this week.

That leaves me with no excavator down farmside...Hmmm

I have the majority of the big work completed, and now have a long line of chores to complete with an excavator

I'll need to:

Pick up and stack stones into retaining walls
Dig drainage ditches
Dig ditches to bury pipe and conduit for electrical cables
Dig the foundation/basement space for the new house
Pull up trees
Lift semi heavy things onto the second floor/roof of my buildings
Smash up poachers trucks I find on my property
Pick up and stack logs
and a variery of other tasks

So I think I need a "Midi", something bigger than the minis because I need more power and something smaller than the massive big excavator I used to own.

Looking around the Kubota KX80 was my first pick followed by something near a Cat 308 or a Deere of the same size.

But there happens to be a SANY dealership about three miles from me and they actually still have a couple 80's in stock

They will sell me a rubber track machine with a 36" bucket and a hydraulic thumb for $96K

And get this, it has a 5-year/5,000 hour bumper to bumper warranty!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, if something happens they will send a truck out and repair my machine on site for free...for 5 very long and abusive years...

So I am considering purchasing one.

Flyin6:
For its size, this is one terrific machine.

73 horsepower Yanmar 4 cyl diesel engine and two hydraulic pumps!

This machine can run a thump and also a hammer or in my case a mulcher head as well as having hydraulics to maneuver and operate the boom/stick

Bigdave_185:
What is their next size up Don?

Why do ya want a rubber track? All they do is wear out and rip as JR has figured. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
We have one of these and every op loves it’s size and power and the ability to fit in lots of places our big stuff won’t, it’s a rubber track but maybe it’s just our guys that are hard on the tracks

https://www.deere.com/en/excavators/mid-size-excavators/130g-excavator/

We do have a hitatchi 80 that has a billion hours that’s been a good runner for years. 

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on March 19, 2022, 08:19:25 PM ---What is their next size up Don?

Why do ya want a rubber track? All they do is wear out and rip as JR has figured. 

--- End quote ---
I believe it's a 95
80 is a 19,400 lb unit, so the 95 would be 22K-24K perhaps.

I wanted steel track, but that is 1. a special order and 2. Sany can't tell me when it would come in if ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version