PERSONAL READINESS > Soldier Up

The time has come.

<< < (2/2)

Atkinsmatt:
Great. Keep up the good work.

Flyin6:
Last summer I started eating clean and that means very little sugar. Off came 30 pounds. I exercise the best I can with this RA business, but I took some more off and it has stayed off. I flirt with upper 220's to mid-upper 230's diet and exercise dependent.

Eat lots of protein and no bread...

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on April 24, 2024, 08:28:57 PM ---Last summer I started eating clean and that means very little sugar. Off came 30 pounds. I exercise the best I can with this RA business, but I took some more off and it has stayed off. I flirt with upper 220's to mid-upper 230's diet and exercise dependent.

--- End quote ---
I’m hoping my approach keeps it maintainable.
I’m not a big bread eater.
But when I do, generally I make it myself.
So unfortunate highly processed flour, but none of the other junk.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Sammconn on April 25, 2024, 10:35:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on April 24, 2024, 08:28:57 PM ---Last summer I started eating clean and that means very little sugar. Off came 30 pounds. I exercise the best I can with this RA business, but I took some more off and it has stayed off. I flirt with upper 220's to mid-upper 230's diet and exercise dependent.

--- End quote ---
I’m hoping my approach keeps it maintainable.
I’m not a big bread eater.
But when I do, generally I make it myself.
So unfortunate highly processed flour, but none of the other junk.

--- End quote ---
You are a soldier and have amazing resiliency. I think this weight control for you will be totally doable.

I believe in you!

TexasRedNeck:
Wow great work Sam.

I started in late January and am at the gym 3 days a week on heavy weights.  I use My Fitness Pal and track everything, even measuring booze.  As long as I get 115 grams of protein I can eat pretty much whatever if I hit my calorie goal.

Im not trying to cut too many calories as I’m building muscle at the moment but down 18, lost 3 inches in the waist and really building muscle.  Put up 310 on the bench press this week for the first time in years.  Still a long way from my personal best of 380 but that was when I was 42 and I’m now 57.

I’m at 238 and really need to be at 215.  Pre covid I was 5 days in the gym and 205 but not hitting muscle as hard.  When I get the muscle mass I’m looking for I’ll switch gears to leaning up a bit to land on 215.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version