TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Eaton 5HP 2 stage Air Compressor 60 Gallon Tank Build

(1/20) > >>

stlaser:
So long story short I had a nice Eaton compressor that had a million man hours on it. When I sold business and had auctions I sold the compressor rather than relocate it to CO. You have to draw the line somewhere and my best equipment was kept and the well used stuff & I parted ways. So fast forward several months and I'm now tired of not having an air compressor. I found a like new 60 gallon tank on CL local with a 200psi rating for a song and a dance. So once acquiring a new shop I called up Eaton. Couple weeks later these components showed up on the back of a semi on a small skid.   

24CFM Air Compressor Pump

Specifications:
Solid cast iron Inline 5hp 2 stage piston series air compressor pump, oil lubricated design to extend pump life, rated at up to 50,000 hours (based on B-10 bearing life rating)
Ram-Tek - solid steel, heavy gauge rods, designed for maximum performance and durability
Cool-Tek - the coolest running compressors in the industry, air stream technology provides 35% lower operating temperature, reduces moisture build up and extends pump life
Flow-Tek - concentric disc valves, deliver maximum air flow and reliability with low replacement costs, easily accessible design provides easy maintenance and durability
Industrial grade ball bearing for maximum performance and extended pump life
Built-in head unloaders designed for continuous run applications
Bolt pattern: 7 ¾”  by 7 ¾”  .
Pump has a V-Style Pulley – flywheel included on pump
Solid cast-iron cylinders, crankcase, flywheel, crankshaft, and valve plates
Large Steel Automotive-Type Filters – not plastic
Large site glass for viewing your oil level
dimensions of this pump are: 16” W x 14” D x 19” H , Flywheel O.D 16 ¾”
Weight: 220 Lbs.
includes oil - holds 2 quarts of oil
72 DBA

True 5HP New Leeson Electric Motor also supplied by Eaton along with pulley not in pic

Flyin6:
Cool project...Build your own compressor!

stlaser:
Correct, did this last go around and saved enough thought I'd try it again.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on November 25, 2015, 10:45:19 PM ---Correct, did this last go around and saved enough thought I'd try it again.

--- End quote ---
Well, that will be plenty for a home shop.

This Eaton V4 thing I have is total overkill, but running like a champ...and quiet, well like as in mud tire quiet...

stlaser:
Correct, last unit was a tad small so after speaking with the owner (Tony is it?). We decided to bump up to this small 2 stage unit. I'll post pics of the tank and frame or partial frame here in next day or so. If I did my ciphering correctly this unit should squeeze under that first loft I built. I plan n using sound deadening material on 2 sides of it against wall and bottom of loft to help absorb or muffle the sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version