TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Propane Tank Forge

<< < (2/12) > >>

KensAuto:
...then a few 1/8" brass nipples in different lengths,  including a shutoff valve between the two nozzles,  in case less heat is needed.
I drilled the reducers on center the best I could,  welded nuts on the sides,  and added set screws to hold the "jet tubes" in place,  also allowing them to be adjustable (very important)
The "jets" in this case,   are .045 mig tips.
The first ones I tried were too short,  and my flame was popping back up into the chamber.  The longer tips fixed that, but I had to mill some flats on them to be able to use a wrench to tighten.  They were then loctited in place.

KensAuto:
I got a cheap regulator,  hose,  and gauge off of amazonia and started the tuning process.  I can't remember where I found pics of the desired flame patterns (oxidizing, neutral,  etc.) , but I based my adjustments on those pics.....

KensAuto:
...lift off

stlaser:
A quick tip in case you like your undies white, you can fill the tank up with water b4 cutting and it won’t blow up. Never just purge with air though as that can actually make a bigger boom if the original gas isn’t fully purged.....

KensAuto:
Then built some burner mounts out of stainless,  with aluminum inserts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version