TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Grizzly Knife Grinder #G1015

<< < (2/5) > >>

KensAuto:
Jeez I ain't even posted anything yet!
2 reasons I went with this one is first,  can't beat it for the price.  There is an aftermarket attachment that will turn it into a 4 pulley setup for 170 bucks.
Second, primary use will be for metal fab, and the compact size makes it easier to fit in my tiny shop. (I guess that makes 3 reasons).
It also runs the common 2x72 belts.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on December 11, 2018, 09:14:07 PM ---Jeez I ain't even posted anything yet!
2 reasons I went with this one is first,  can't beat it for the price.  There is an aftermarket attachment that will turn it into a 4 pulley setup for 170 bucks.
Second, primary use will be for metal fab, and the compact size makes it easier to fit in my tiny shop. (I guess that makes 3 reasons).
It also runs the common 2x72 belts.

--- End quote ---
You have no room to say anything.

Boneheads add two pages to my threads before I have done anything!

They are just windin' up on yours!

KensAuto:
I added a steel plate and reinforced underneath. Drilled some holes, added levelers on the legs(1/2" bolts, nuts, and plates), then painted the stand.

KensAuto:
Then started putting the grinder together.
It's a pretty decent setup.  Basically it's a 1hp buffing motor that they add a belt kit to.  The engineering isn't great , but it is pretty beefy.
It's also a Taiwanese piece,  which is usually a step up from China.
...the first issue I found was that the motor pedestal casting wasn't flat,  so I had to grind on it...about 30 thou.

KensAuto:
Bolted it down and added the rest of the parts. The instructions were clear, along with pictures for those that live near Denver.  The only Issue I found was that they wanted a 3/4" long bolt and washer to be used to hold on the work table bracket,  which is 5/8" thick.
The support bracket in the 3rd pic, has little set screws that are used to square itself to the motor....kinda hokey but will work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version