TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

battery charger wiring

(1/4) > >>

Nate:
so there is this pile of battery chargers at the farm (roughly 1500+) that all supposedly work, but all of them have the charger cables and the power cables cut off them.

So I fished 3 of them out of the pile and got them halfway cleaned up.  Now I need to figure out where to get new cords from so that I can get these things working.

Does anybody know where I can get new cables from, or a good way of fixing what is there? I would like something that has the rubber protector where they come through the back of the charger.

EL TATE:
Why not modify a set of jumper cables with an insulated heat shrink cover? wire gage size has to be close, no?

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: Nate on August 12, 2022, 04:49:34 PM ---so there is this pile of battery chargers at the farm (roughly 1500+) that all supposedly work, but all of them have the charger cables and the power cables cut off them.

So I fished 3 of them out of the pile and got them halfway cleaned up.  Now I need to figure out where to get new cords from so that I can get these things working.

Does anybody know where I can get new cables from, or a good way of fixing what is there? I would like something that has the rubber protector where they come through the back of the charger.

--- End quote ---
The rubber protector is something added to the cable upon installation.

Check websites like Del City wiring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:
For power for the charge you can use a cord set from the hardware store or electrical supply store. For the charging wires, you need to use heavy enough wire to handle the max amps available to use. You should also be able to buy any type grommets you want from the supply place you get the wiring and clips from.

Nate:
so i got one of these rewired with a new power cable and new clamp cable.

who can explain to be in barney style how to test the voltage AND amps coming off this thing.  either my google-foo is off or nobody has put a step by step with pictures video up on youtube. can anybody assist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version