Hello Guest

Author Topic: Feeding homeless 10 20 2014  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Feeding homeless 10 20 2014
« on: October 21, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
Well it happened again.
The crowd was not as big but the church service on the street was bigger!
The guy who we were concerned about last time showed up this time across the street, but instead of being bitter and mean, he was pleasant. He thanked us and said he had been eating regularly and wasn't hungry!

The weather was good, but the temps are starting to turn downward. It is going to be tough in the months to come, but for now, at least all is well.
Your donations provided these people with vegetables on this night, although I doctored them up with a bunch of bacon!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding homeless 10 20 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:19:28 AM »
Man. I hate it when the pictures do that...turn upside down, when using and I-phone to take the shots.
But when you flip them on the computer, then they turn up opposite, sort of a negative of the original...Anyone else getting tired of their I-phones causing problems???

The lady singing had a beautiful voice. She sang almost the whole time

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »
OK, the devil is at work here, but although he is raining on my post here, he was defeated on the streets of Cincinnati last night!

Sorry for the upside down pics, I tried to fix them but they are still coming out upside down and backwards!

We had a guest pastor show up...From Nigeria!

We talked and he was commenting about the moral decay of America. I talked to him about how President George Washington Consecrated our nation to God as his first official act in office. Did you know that?
In that prayer he said the United States would be a nation devoted to and follow the teachings and the kingdom of God. He asked that this nation would grow strong and be blessed and that God would continue to bless us. He also, however continued with the prayer, to say that if we ever became a nation that did not raise up the kingdom of God, that God would remove his protection and blessings from us...

Think about that a minute

We as a nation now openly embrace homosexuality which is an abomination according to my bible. We as a nation have killed close to sixty million innocent children, through abortion.

Do you think we still are a nation who loves God first?

I'm just a country boy, but my money says there are lots more earthquakes, terrorist attacks, diseases, hurricanes, mud slides, school shootings, and tornados on the horizon for us.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:29:26 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
Lap top or tablet works great while reading your posts, just turn it upside down to view the photos ;) Keep up the good work, a good dinner makes for a much brighter outlook.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:15:48 PM »
That and just talking to them like normal people. It seems to brighten both them and me when sharing time with homeless folks.
Directly across the street is a home of sorts. You can check in at 8PM I think and have to check out at 6AM. Not much but a clean bed, a shower and you can even get your clothes washed. Many of the guys eating with us were living there, but some were living in a nearby stand of trees and/or under the many bridges in the area.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 12:03:24 AM »
So how did the spaghetti sauce turn out don?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 09:44:29 AM »
Didn't make it yet

We feed them on Monday evenings, so Montag is the prep day bro

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal