VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Any relief for squeaky polyurethane bushings?

(1/2) > >>

HuskerTrev:
Like the title says, does anyone have a known remedy for squeaky polyurethane bushings? I recently overhauled the front suspension on my Tahoe, replacing the bushings with poly. I used the provided grease. Everything was great for a month, know I am noticing that I am getting a fairly decent amount of noise going over bumps.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: HuskerTrev on May 27, 2015, 09:54:35 PM ---Like the title says, does anyone have a known remedy for squeaky polyurethane bushings? I recently overhauled the front suspension on my Tahoe, replacing the bushings with poly. I used the provided grease. Everything was great for a month, know I am noticing that I am getting a fairly decent amount of noise going over bumps.

Any help would be much appreciated!

--- End quote ---

Couple things

First of all, there are plain old poly bushings...then there are newer ones impregnated with graphite

Secondly, the poly grease does a good job, but does not last forever. I always find a way to drill for a zerk grease fitting and lube them every once in awhile. Nack in my thread I showed drilling out the leaf spring wrap all the way to the bolt then installing a zerk. That way I can pump grease all the way to the inside where it works it's way around

Hope that helps ya some.

kiszka6911:
My experience has been to only buy black poly as these are the only ones that have graphite.  Secondly, Energy suspension makes a tub of bushing grease.  It super tacky silicone I think, mostly water proof and does not come off very easy.  In my various GM front end rebuilds I have always coated bushing with this.

BobbyB:
I think I used white lithium grease on my poly bushing when I replaced the sway bar bushings and TRE bushings. It's still quiet, though I do have to replace the rest of the bushing in the front end.

Flyin6:
There is a dedicated poly grease. translucent whitish looking stuff. incredibly tacky. Get it on your fingers and it wears off when your skin does. That will stay on poly parts a long time

I have it somewhere back in the SquareD build

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version