VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

*NEW* Nitto Ridge Grappler

(1/3) > >>

mjmbrown:
In my old age I've gravitated away from big knobby noisy tires and come to appreciate a quality ride. Anyone remember the Buckshot Mudder?? Best 38"-40" tires I've ever owned.

So my Goodyear Duratracs are on the way out, I don't drive the truck much so it will probably last another 6 months to 1 year before I get serious about buying a new set but I went with an oddball size to get a the right look. 295/65r18 is what im running now and would like to stay there or maybe a bit taller.

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

Im happy to see another competitive A/T tire from Nitto which was a great set of MTs on my last truck.  As I write this there is only 1 size in and 18" rim available with the rest coming soon. so Ill keep in touch with my tire guy and see when they finally produce the size im looking for. Probably going with a 295/70r18 next time. But the that side wall!! love it! :o

I also am turned on to the new Toyo R/T
https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-rt-on-off-road-rugged-terrain-tires

My only gripe with Toyo has been that I seem to blow through set in 25-30k miles... but that was 2 sets of MTs.

Ive got a few friends that have gone with the new BFG AT and it appears they like them

Any opinions?

BobbyB:
No opinion on the Nittos, but why not go with Duratracs again since you're already running them?

stlaser:
I'm buying duratracs again next go around.

mjmbrown:
Nothing wrong with them, wearing very evenly and so far I haven't had any issues. other than the noise, When they first went on they were fine then after about 500 miles they are just terrible. not typical tire "airplane" noise like bad wheel bearings...which are newer.

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: mjmbrown on August 25, 2016, 02:07:08 PM ---Nothing wrong with them, wearing very evenly and so far I haven't had any issues. other than the noise, When they first went on they were fine then after about 500 miles they are just terrible. not typical tire "airplane" noise like bad wheel bearings...which are newer.

--- End quote ---

Ah ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version