FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

Camp stove

(1/6) > >>

husker77c:
I'm looking at getting a camp stove to haul around with me at work to have a hot lunch every now and then. 

I thought about a tabletop grill but it seems like an actual camp stove with a couple burners would be a better investment.   Would be nice to be able to use a frying pan on it for eggs or what not.  And if I wanted to grill something a cast iron griddle could be used.   

Should I just get one of the colemans at Wally World or does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

cudakidd53:
I'd get the "propane" version, as the old pump, white gas ones are like a pressurized "Molotov" when seals and needle valves go bad.......first hand experience!  I do miss the "nostalgia" of it all though.

BobbyB:
Have you looked at the camp stoves at Gander Mountain or Cabelas?

husker77c:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on August 04, 2015, 11:58:56 AM ---Have you looked at the camp stoves at Gander Mountain or Cabelas?

--- End quote ---

I have and they all seem to be similar.  BTU output is similar and build quality is about the same. Coleman has the same stoves at all the different stores for similar prices. 

There is a brand called Snow Peak that seems far and away a better quality stove but it's also twice the price. Camo chef is another I've seen.

Copy that on propane.  Never considered anything else really.  The idea of cooking food over gas or other liquids never appealed to me.

TexasRedNeck:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035O37DU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1UJBW5M7ONFJI&coliid=I2XSW599I0JMCY

I use the 3 burner Tahoe version but want this 2 burner for camping since the 3 burner is a little unweildy.  The legs store underneath and you can get a lot of accessories.  . 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version