PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Hide Site/Bug Out Location Construction, Part 7

(1/57) > >>

Flyin6:
OK, I reached a good point to transition this on-going hide site/homestead build.

Up to this point I have been developing the property to become a sustainable farm/second home. The objective of this past summer was to build a barn and to finish the pond construction.

Both were extensive projects

The pond is done, as much as anything is ever "done." The depth is dug out, the banks are lined with rock, the thing is stocked, and grass seed has been sown. Call it good enough.

The Barn has a floor, roof, walls but is lacking an interior dividing wall and two garage doors along with electricity.

But it is capable of holding equipment and providing for a work space free from the weather, like liquid weather.

I closed out Part 6 and opened Part 7 because for now until well into the foreseeable future, whereas land development has been the overriding concern, I am now shifting into a "Construction Mode," Concentrating on getting me a real cabin/home that I can actually live in.

I will start with the build out of the barn as I work toward getting something not only dried in, but with doors to hold heat in during the coming cold months.

If all works out according to my long range planning, I will be able to fabricate large chunks of the cabin renovation inside on that expansive floor, then carry the panels/parts a short distance then assemble the parts into rooms/walls/dormers/ wha-evers...

Flyin6:
And I'd like to start off by recognizing a great little rain gutter company who drove some distance to throw up the new 6" rain gutters onto my structure

Flyin6:
Dakota Sullivan, the owner (Pictured) simply went above and beyond on my gutter system.

Yes, he builds one piece seamless gutters that you will see in a second, but he could not find black spouts, so he actually took some white ones he had laying around and had them powder coated in black!

So, who does that?
He could have spray painted them black and been done but he paid $90 to have them powder coated and done right.

I think we should recognize people like this who do those little things (and at his expense) even when no one is looking. That right there is called integrity. These guys are honest, they do great work, and they ask for no credit, nor do they brag about their work. I only learned of this powder coating while questioning them in the "get to know ya" phase.

I will have them back for ALL my gutter work

Flyin6:
The gutters went on perfectly

These guys also gave high praise to the guys who built the barn, Derrick and Josh of Corey Jones Construction. They commented that everything was done perfectly, was straight and spot on, so their measurements were easy to hold on the fascia board. So kudos to them as well, Thanks Cory

Flyin6:
The downspout ends at the elbow because of the coming holding tank installation. I'll use a short piece of flexible vinyl pipe to make the transition

The other sides came out great as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version