TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Question of the logic/feasibility of this idea

<< < (5/5)

JR:
TRN got to it first, good idea.

Panel looks old, maybe a good time to up grade making the house primary and moving to its wall?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: dave945 on May 19, 2023, 07:13:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: JR on May 18, 2023, 11:45:28 PM ---I would for sure glue the rebar into the slab. Blocks or just a stem wall would work. Either way seal the outside for water if there is a concern. Of course a little grading could solve that.

Yes, the blocks would need to mortared. Wall get cement filled, fences can go every few or where the rebar is.

--- End quote ---
My water problems aren’t from grade around the building, when it was built they poured outside driveway/parking pad on the outside at the exact same level as the garage slab. So when it rains, the water sits against the outside wall and can/has puddles against the sill plate.

I figured they would need to be mortared, I guess that was me looking for a shortcut.

As for demo, I was thinking what Don put above, getting a larger loader and mowing it down, burning what will and then burying the rest. The majority of the wiring is in conduit on the surface, so it shouldn’t be too bad to get out. I just thought of another wrinkle I’ll have to figure out. All the power from the house comes from the garage first. There’s a massive power distribution panel in there from when the machine shop was in production. This unit is about 7.5 ft tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Dave, my nephew is a journeyman electrician...about to get his license. He put the panel in my barn. I'd hire him or someone like him to move it, then have the power company inspect and sign it off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version