Hello Guest

Author Topic: flash backs  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
flash backs
« on: August 22, 2015, 05:00:11 PM »
flashbacks?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: flash backs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 06:26:45 PM »
I would be apparent that someone of a higher rank had a great deal of displeasure with that particular platoon, or another platoon was seeking retribution of some sort?

Or someone lost their safety belt?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 06:47:26 PM »
Mike, you are getting warm but not even real close to the hand grenade range yet..........
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »
Not the same room. The lights and the pillars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »
Its the jist of it jr, not a guessing game of whats wrong/different.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »
I'm thinking the scumbag Muslim soldier that rolled a grenade into the barracks in Iraq.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »
I got it!  Military before Obama, and Under him!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »
Nate,
For me that was "Black Thursday" the 1st day of Flight School...after the TAC's had their way!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 10:37:26 PM »
don, I would say its a safe bet that you probably had at least 2 days like this during your military career.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »
don, I would say its a safe bet that you probably had at least 2 days like this during your military career.
Well, sometime in basic or AIT but not that bad

B U T in flight school, the TACs threw some of the wall lockers out of the 2nd story window.

So when we were doing the Formation drills, you know..."5 minutes, fall in with one white sock, left foot, one black sock one boot, one PT shoe, Underwear worn over BDU trousers, another dress sock worn on the right hand and dress green jacket."

Stuff like that

Was more interesting when you couldn't find your wall locker!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:10:42 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 11:32:46 PM »
where is bobby and HC......................we need to know the infantry perspective on this as well.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »
Basically this is a pic DS sent to his buddies after someone had too many under shirts at show down, He found a pube on the urinal, or some pukes flimsy desert boot top flopped over. Could be a number of things- all of them horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »
Yep...unforgiveable

Know what my greatest violation to the "Code" was during flight school?

A bumblebee crawled in and died in the middle of my display in my locker...right between the toothbrush and the razor.

I got a -8 X infinity

(A -8 is "A hair")

I lost my weekend and had to paint curbs yellow Saturday and Sunday!

I feel remorseful to this day I had such a grievous oversight and so blatantly violated all that was holy and clean!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 11:28:49 AM »
Did you have to deal with the stupid games in the academy HC?

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 11:33:31 AM »
At infantry OSUT we had to carry a sandbag with us for the first three weeks of training prior to being issued our rifles. We were encouraged to name the bag, (mine was sandy, clever eh?) being the oldest of the group, I was the platoon guide for the majority of my time at Benning. When we finished the first phase of training, DS Sillman advised us we could leave our sandbags in the barracks, if we wanted, for PT the next morning. I encouraged/downright ordered the knuckleheads to bring their sandbags to the CTA, because basic training was not at all about anything us pukes "wanted" and the DS' leniency in this matter was a test.

However my assistant PG, and his expertise from JROTC disagreed and mounted a considerable force against me which was down right mutinous. Being that we all had to be the same, and many days of punishment had fallen upon us previously in the event one of us had failed to wear glove liners during a prior PT session, I conceded to their belief the DS had overnight became a reasonable individual. However, I stipulated, in the event I was right, the chili Mac MRE's and all jalapeño cheese products would be mine, all mine... for the remainder of our time together.

Upon returning to the bay after a long morale run we found the missing drill sergeant eating a pop tart on top of a pile of all of our issued gear buried in 56, 60 lb bags of opened sand.

The next order of business was to dig out our heavy sleeping bag, the black one with the hood on it, and our gas masks. We adorned our gas masks and zipped up inside our sleeping bags, pulled the hood down tight and DS introduced us to what he called the NBC (nuc/bio contaminate) Caterpillar. For the next several hours, we missed training and traveled like a caterpillar, from one end of the bay to the other, over the pile, under the bunks etc... Back and forth back and forth until Mengerhausen almost aspirated on his own vomit inside his mask and the CO who was otherwise entertained, called it off...

Myself, I couldn't help but smile inside my mask every time I made eye contact with an individual who would potentially be forced upon my omelette MRE while I enjoyed their chili Mac with crushed cracker and jalapeño cheese product mixed inside.... After all to the victor goes the spoils.

Alas they knew from this day forward I was far wiser than they expected!

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »

Did you have to deal with the stupid games in the academy HC?

My academy was very gentlemanly. We were expected to render courtesies to civilians and certified officers, we had uniform and room inspects, subject to lock down or grounds maintenance as punishment. But only a few instructors (former military guys) would put a guy in the front leaning rest from time to time but that was all. Many academies differ though. Ours was a state run academy and honestly it was more mentally challenging and there wasn't a lot of time to play stupid human games. They had to cram a lot of knowledge into us in 560 hours.

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 04:39:57 PM »
where is bobby and HC......................we need to know the infantry perspective on this as well.

I see some privates who didn't secure a wall locker or equipment, or the kill zone was scuffed and not properly buffed, or there were dust bunnies under a bunk..

Or a DS who decided that there needed to be some soul crushing, probably after opening all the laundry soap he could find and adding it to the pile, then stipulating there be a full gear and uniform inspection within 2 hours...

Could be a number of things- all of them horrible.

This...
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 08:53:48 PM »
mike and JR, this would be called a tornado/pissed off Drill Sergeant/lesson teaching moment/what bobby and HC stated above.  once this happens, you will have a very short time to get it put back together CORRECTLY and then you can bet you will be up all night scrubbing things with a tooth brush while you are learning ATTENTION TO DETAIL.;D

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
NO Thank you!

...I hate cleaning. :)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »
Could have been a toilet seat "At Ease" instead of the position of Attention.  Happened to me in BNCOC.  Not quite that bad.  Attention to detail was the name of the game.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »
Or it could've just been a day ending in "Y".
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
flash backs
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
Rofl.  Yep from what I hear DS PMS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal