VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Cooper MTPs for the Dmax

(1/8) > >>

JR:
Dropped a grand on a set of Cooper Discoverer MTPs 37/12.50-17 today. Will be that much after rebates and 9 months same as cash helps.

Won't go on right away, still have some tread left and the lift still has to go on. Hopefully this will push me to get it going as it needs a regear the same time (3:73 to 4:56).

So for I like the coopers and reviews are good on this as well. Better hwy use without loosing off road grip.

Bob Smith:
And what does off highway grip mean to you? I will be needing new tires at some point and like having some bite when needed but don't want the load sound for most of the time. My rig is used for towing mostly, that does include slippery boat ramps and getting the travel trailer into a good hunting/camping area. It does see adverse road conditions and not so good off road stuff at times but for the most part it is on asphalt. I usually put on the Toyo, and have no complaints but always looking for better.

JR:
most of mine will be highway, but I do some towing. Have the boat now and see snow often enough to think about it. Plus I like the slightly more aggressive look, noise aside.

I have had Toyo's and Nittos but unless new they just don't have the grip I like and the nittos wore fast! I am not an aggressive driver at all which plays into wear.

rpar86:
Discount tire 10% + 10% for new card members?  I just did that for the wife's rig... plus a $50 MIR for a total of $200 savings. Trying out some Hankooks this time...

JR:
Another reason why I pulled the lever now. Got 15% and may get another $50. Plus the rear tires are under 1/8th, one front has a 1/4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version