WEAPONS > Vests & Protection

Body armor deal under a bill

(1/4) > >>

stlaser:
Saw this & thought I'd post for those of you who might like a deal & aren't afraid of a grinder or a spray gun & bed liner.....

http://knuckledraggin.com/2013/07/affordable-body-armor-plates/

For those of you north of the border, if he'll do paperwork those flat rates go there although you would be limited to one set per box FYI with the international weight limit on flat rate boxes.

TexasRedNeck:
hmm , my only concern is using heat to cut them.  It weakens the properties in the area that carried the heat.

stlaser:
https://www.maingun.biz/category_s/2047.htm updated link

TRN, as someone who oversaw that type of machinery for close to 20 years I don't think it gets that hot......

Flyin6:
My observation of this plate stuff is either you are in a cqb situation where you're going to have to attenuate a 123 gr FMJ from an AK 10 feet away (Which is bad) or that same AK round at 100-300 meters (My case)

So, someone like Bobbt  will have to read in on the close in stuff, but I can talk about getting hit from some distance (As in a helicopter passing overhead and getting sprayed with a bunch of people inside screaming like school girls)
(Well, maybe not screaming like school girls) (But certainly just as scared as school girls)
Anyway, had a couple of the guys take hits. None were injured. Chest plates were damaged, but not destroyed. One pilot who took a hit in the seat side armor showed more damage. A single hit destroyed the plate which begs the question, What actually hit that plate?"

So I'm saying that unless you are closing with the enemy in something like an urban setting, a steel plate, compromised or not should do the trick since range pulls the energy out of the bullet.

Really, it seems the 55 gr bullets are out of steam around a single football field. up to a 62 gr and a bit further. We've talked about this before but the little .22's are not all that powerful.

Fast forward to someone with a properly sighted in Mosin, and that dude with it's steel core bullet will waste your day at 500 meters PDQ!

Any armor is good, but sometimes cover, distance, or speed is the better choice

TexasRedNeck:
Shawn, good to know.  I've always been told to water jet AR500 and the like for that reason.

Don,  Good time to know the difference between cover and concealment! ROFL.  Once we started shortening the barrel on these ARs , the lethality at range dropped like a rock. In and out like an ice pick instead of tumbling and fragmenting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version