Hello Guest

Author Topic: Im a grandpa now  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Im a grandpa now
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »
This is a soap opera but here we go. So my oldest is 18. HE has been dating this girl for over a year. She gets pregnant and they break up because he cheats. Ok fine BUT he has no ambition to do anything. HE had been living with my mom an hour away and she just let him lay around. Got on drugs. Finally he must have gotten tired of everyone on his butt to get off his butt. So he and his current Girlfriend (A psycho is I ever seen one) decide they are going to move away. Awesome. Get to a new town away from old friends and get off the crap.  So they move way to the other side of the state. Out on the Wyoming border. As far away as he could and stay in the same state. 460 miles away. Old Girlfriend is still prego not due until the middle of December. Fine come back for the birth and stay for Christmas and go back. Nope baby came early. HE and current GF are broke up. He has no wheels. Instead of asking family he is calling old buddys. His old gang. No body helps him. His ex wont take him. Then hes askes the only other person he hangs out with out there but she wont take him because she will miss thanksgiving with her kids. Well DUH. My brothers wife has family out in the middle of the state. So I get ahold of the kid and say hay call Uncle Kyle and kiss his butt maybe he will come get you. Got that figured out. He will be here Saturday I will be taking him back next week sometime.

This kid and a lot of kids I know have to realize nobody is going to help them just because they want it. HE is going to have to realize he has to do for himself. Cant rely on other people. At least he has a job. Finally. Its not much working at Taco Johns but hey I worked at Mc Donalds once myself.
Looking back I know what happened to him. I had him here on the farm working. Trying to keep him on the right track. He had a pretty good work ethic for a young teenager.  Then he got in trouble and put in a group home. It was that or Juvie. Spent a couple years in there with a bunch of lazy gang banger wannabes and he is a totally different person. Everything I tried to do, morals, work ethic everything erased. He did graduate high school and then he just quit doing anything.

Now for the happy stuff. I fully intend to be in this child's life no matter what the boy does. She is beautiful. I dont care how big of a man you are when you hold your child or grand child for the first time you melt. Nothing more precious than a new born baby. Her name is AVA 7lbs 9 oz

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Im a grandpa now
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
Congrats grandpa.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 08:48:16 AM »
Jon enjoy her!

As for her Dad as much as you tried he has to walk his own path. It may be (and sounds like is being) more difficult but everyone has to walk their own. Some day God willing he will mature enough to realize the love and kindness you showed him and will choose better with his life. My best to you and your family this Thanksgiving day.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
Nothing like Thanksgiving for a new life!  Congrats and good for you being there for her!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:00:59 AM »
A few things:

First, she is a beautiful baby, that's for sure

Secondly, Congrats to everyone involved, God has given everyone a gift here, and an opportunity for everyone to change and improve.

GP: Good attitude, looks like you will be the rock that doesn't move (Good thing) that your son beats his head up against for awhile until he sits back to lick his wounds and realizes it's him and not dad.

Finally, he (Your son) did not lose any of what you "Learned" him. He just chooses out of defiance, or foolishness, or one of a dozen other meaningless reasons to set those good things aside.

The reason is nothing you have mentioned. It is spiritual. It is a war where Satan's dominions have enslaved him to pull him away from Christ to both pull him into hell and to ruin the lives of as many others as the evil spiritual realm can arrange.

Recognize it for what it is my friend...Consider the scripture and the picture. The Lion is Christ, we do not need our natural vision, only faith in him...Pray for your son.

“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 6:12
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
Congrats Jon!

I agree with Don. He didn't lose anything you taught him...it's still there and will eventually emerge. Don't give up him (you don't sound like the type that gives up)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 01:15:45 PM »
Congrads John, What a great thing to happen this time of year.

He will come around. Steady and solid.

JR
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 06:52:08 PM »
Healthy babes no matter the surroundings are a blessing, specially when there is a rock of a foundation for them to stand on.   Congratulations

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »
Thanks everyone. and Flyin6 you are probably right. My grandmother was praying for me all the time. I thought why I don't need you too. My mom would tell me I You have no idea how hard grandma prays for you to keep you on the right path.  Now I know she is up in heaven watching and guarding me. Now its my turn to pray for him. I better step it up a notch or 2.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
That is the only thing that will work. No amount of worry will change a thing and pushing usually leads to further rebellion. I will pray for the whole family right now. God has a plan.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »
Thanks everyone. and Flyin6 you are probably right. My grandmother was praying for me all the time. I thought why I don't need you too. My mom would tell me I You have no idea how hard grandma prays for you to keep you on the right path.  Now I know she is up in heaven watching and guarding me. Now its my turn to pray for him. I better step it up a notch or 2.
The prayer of the righteous man avails much!

James 5:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
Congrats! God willing this will all work out.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
Lead by example Jon. The Lord will do something for your son or He won't. It doesn't change your responsibility. Prayers for you and yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »
She's beautiful John. And you're right, they melt you for sure. God bless you all sir.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal