Hello Guest

Author Topic: My New Land "Raptor Ridge"  (Read 93210 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: New Land
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2019, 10:25:25 PM »
Looks awfully dark Jr.  How about moving a telescope on top of the sea can. I’ll bet that would make an amazing show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2019, 10:17:24 AM »
It is a great view. You can just see the glow from sparks/reno.

Cell reception is good too. Comes from Virginia peak several miles east of me.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »
On the road, I got about to the green line this weekend.

Think I will have to add a culvert about where the blue line is.

Next long trip, late July I will finalize the pad area so I know for sure on the road. Hopefully have the grading permit so I am open to dig more.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:43:45 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »
Yellow line a future pond dam?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »
Yellow line a future pond dam?

Little yellow line is as far as I got with the DMax awhile back. The blue line is a good little runoff I will need to culvert for the rains.

Talked to a surveyor today who is going to do my land when ready. He suggests I just get a grading permit for the roads for now to keep issues with the county down.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »
So now the fun begins with the county. Someone turned me in and I got a warning to remove the container from "vacant land". Even sent a nice picture of the container, my truck, tractor and trailer parked outside. Must have been early morning from the lighting and the doors are still closed.

I have till mid next month and hopefully getting a grading permit with some kind of site goal will satisfy the vacant land issue.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »
You sure you’re not still in California with all those regulations my god in Texas short of building a nuclear reactor I don’t think anybody would ask me any questions

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
Yep, to many ca haved moved to washoe. Other counties may have been better. Hoping a basic permit solves the issue.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »
What's that saying.."easier to ask forgiveness"

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2019, 06:53:16 PM »
What's that saying.."easier to ask forgiveness"

Working on that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 25, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »
Oh i would have a hard time already!!  hopeful they dont make you put everything back and then get the permit then you have to drag it back out 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 25, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »
I plan on moving the container anyway, hopefully just once though!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 25, 2019, 07:53:23 PM »

Ya, moving the container a bit further onto the property. Damn drones anyway, they don't even need to walk the sites anymore.
Kitsap used to require a permit for anything over 30 yards. Now with the drones and other stuff they can actually control that. We used to dump ditch spoils wherever we had a request from a property owner, then we had to issue a permit first then it got to the point the ditch spoils were considered hazard waste so we spent lots of monies so that Waste Management could use the dirt for cover. And they were a contractor for Kitsap County Solid Waste.  Haul it to the dump and then spread it for them, what a waste. Sweeper material from winter sand cleanup same thing. Pick it up within a week or it was considered hazard material. I dumped on the wrecking yards inside roads and all was good for a time. Set up a screen and reused the sand on the roads for snow and ice.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2019, 11:12:33 PM »
Yep, drones are changing everything. When I worked unless you could see something from a normal public view it was fruit of the poisoness tree.

Now between that and satellites unless you have tree cover you are boned. Snoopy neighbors don't help. Now I have a good idea who it is, already been warned this guy is a little flaky since he wanted to buy all the land I have and others.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
New Land
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
So what is wrong with your sea can Jr? The fact you have it? Location? Color? Size?
Can you paint a picture of Hillary 2020 on it?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:18:39 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2019, 11:37:52 PM »
That would be like a homing beacon for ol Ken!  :tongue:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2019, 11:55:10 PM »
As posted above my lot is considered "vacant land" until you have a plan in place (pay money).

I just read over the grading permitting and it seems pretty easy with just basic details needed. Can even fill out and submit on line.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2019, 03:38:43 PM »
Called the county about the grading permit. Sounds like it will just run about $300, then I can do some stuff.

2-4 weeks hopefully if not kicked back, no engineering needed yet.

Will run it up there this week, scouts all next week.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline CLEMON

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2019, 10:40:47 PM »
Called the county about the grading permit. Sounds like it will just run about $300, then I can do some stuff.

Let me know if you have any engineering questions, im a civil engineer. Cant practice there but can give my 2 cents

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2019, 11:10:13 PM »

Let me know if you have any engineering questions, im a civil engineer. Cant practice there but can give my 2 cents
^^^^ And this is one of the ways this site works well at !
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2019, 05:29:43 AM »

May just do that. Plan on doing the plans today sometime.

Here are the basics I have to follow. Not that hard just need to make it look good, really just cutting a road and pad.

https://www.washoecounty.us/building/Files/Files/grading_handout_cmplt.pdf

https://www.washoecounty.us/building/Files/Files/Permit%20Application%20Grading.pdf

Eng. from the county today was helpful, even called me back with a basic fee. Said I could submit on 8x11 but 11x17 is better so that's what I'll do. Guess the big thing is how much dirt I move and no roads over 15*. Even told me I'm looking at about 20k CF, so no special permit needed (as I thought) as well under an acre. May have to ad lib a few slopes as only thing available to me is every 33ft.

Going to run up Wednesday with the plans, latest Thursday as I am gone this next week again and have to get this going before the 20th per code enforcement.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:32:10 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline CLEMON

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2019, 10:39:29 PM »
Replied to your email.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 11, 2019, 01:18:44 AM »
Found a site that gives altitude per coordinates, so that solved one issue. Washoe maps give coordinates on the pointer, just type them in!

Couple more detail drawings and hope I'm good.

Idea is to get to permitting early and show what I have. Tweak if needed and make copies and submit. That also clears me with code enforcement per a call today!

Do some final work on the cont fan since I have a timer and speed control now. Tractor needs basic service and a good cleaning. Will measure for the seat I found on ebay.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:14 PM »
Found a site that gives altitude per coordinates, so that solved one issue. Washoe maps give coordinates on the pointer, just type them in!

Couple more detail drawings and hope I'm good.

Idea is to get to permitting early and show what I have. Tweak if needed and make copies and submit. That also clears me with code enforcement per a call today!

Do some final work on the cont fan since I have a timer and speed control now. Tractor needs basic service and a good cleaning. Will measure for the seat I found on ebay.

JR, probably after the fact but if you download Google Earth and then zoom to your land, you can point to any location and it will give you Lat Lon and altitude in the lower right. Might be quicker.

:popcorn:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 11, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
What a.mess, almost like they don't want you to do anything. Walked on at 0800 and left at 1300 with more papers than o want to say.

Have to get it surveyed and engineered. Found a local ( has to be NV certified) that will do it for about 2k, vs the 4 to 5 for the others.

So another 3 to week delay.

Good news is diesel is 50 cents less a gallon and some stations have alcohol free gas.

Having beer, clam chowder and pizza at BJs  for dinner.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 11, 2019, 08:22:56 PM »
That’s a bummer,   

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 11, 2019, 10:15:45 PM »
What a.mess, almost like they don't want you to do anything. Walked on at 0800 and left at 1300 with more papers than o want to say.

Have to get it surveyed and engineered. Found a local ( has to be NV certified) that will do it for about 2k, vs the 4 to 5 for the others.

Good news is diesel is 50 cents less a gallon and some stations have alcohol free gas.

See how the sickness spreads from the Communist state, there is no way I would put up with that!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2019, 10:45:31 PM »
Pretty standard in non communist states. Went from undeveloped land to a buildable lot correct JR? Did they give a reasoning for the engineering? Back in Indiana my wife and I did this several times. Largest concern there was water runoff etc.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline CLEMON

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2019, 10:47:11 PM »

After reading their regulations i thought that might be the case. But $2K for 52(?) acres of topo and engineering? Even if its just engineering its still much cheaper than my area (but thats not hard)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2019, 10:53:25 PM »
And I heard some place in CA basically outlawed working on your own vehicle in your own garage. SMH

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2019, 11:50:14 PM »
My brother paid 6k for 1 acre, just because we had to reroute a 3ft wide dry wash.

Should've just asked for forgiveness,  but too late now...you're on the radar.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2019, 09:43:59 AM »
Kalifornia is the model for how the left wants all Americans to live...well, be ruled that is...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2019, 11:16:12 AM »
We need more Tommy Robinsons!

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2019, 11:44:52 AM »
Kalifornia is the model for how the left wants all Americans to live...well, be ruled that is...

you are 100% correct but add New York in there then most of the Westcoast.

A very good friend of mine owns 40ac in Malibu that he bought back in the 60's when he bought it there wasent even a road back to the location so he bought a dozer and made one.  Then the county said "that was a great Idea" can we pave it?  so it became a county road.  Flash forward to the 90's hey threatened him with JAIL for cleaning out a ditch!  he cannot even move a shovel full of dirt without Coastal Commission approval which takes like 10years. 

But he has to pay Taxes on land he cannot do anything with! 

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »

you are 100% correct but add New York in there then most of the Westcoast.

A very good friend of mine owns 40ac in Malibu that he bought back in the 60's when he bought it there wasent even a road back to the location so he bought a dozer and made one.  Then the county said "that was a great Idea" can we pave it?  so it became a county road.  Flash forward to the 90's hey threatened him with JAIL for cleaning out a ditch!  he cannot even move a shovel full of dirt without Coastal Commission approval which takes like 10years. 

But he has to pay Taxes on land he cannot do anything with!

Bet he could sell it and make a killing though!!

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
Yes and No

because everyone knows its worthless as you cant build ANYTHING on it but you could bring your travel trailer/motorhome and camp on it and he dose have a well that has good water. A perk site would be the issue.  he has had offers of 1million on the 40ac but if it was buildable or had approved plans to build it would be worth 40mil.  now he just wants to be a throne in the side of the state and costal commission.

He has a villa in Belize he built back in the 60's on the beach and that's where he spends most of his time.  he just come back for the free medical care.

Sorry JR im done. 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2019, 04:31:57 PM »
Pretty standard in non communist states. Went from undeveloped land to a buildable lot correct JR? Did they give a reasoning for the engineering? Back in Indiana my wife and I did this several times. Largest concern there was water runoff etc.

Yes, runoff seems to be a major issue. Permit cost is about the same either way, kinda based off how much area you disturb.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2019, 04:47:38 PM »
Contacted the Eng and going to have the entire plot surveyed while they are there. Eng won't change but I will have topo for the whole site for anything later.

While there I added a couple more vents to the container and tried to hook up the fan to a timer. 12v timer worked great but only wanted the fan running about 1/2 speed so I got a controller for it. Hooked that up and it burned up first thing! Well at least I have vents high and low on it. Probably just get a voltage reducer for it.

Tractor started right up, measured for the new seat. Will order when I get back from scout camp next weekend.

Neighbor was pulling a small dozer up and had to leave it on the hill, backed into the berm. Older dmax didn't have the weight for it. Was told is perk test for septic was great for our area, hope mine is as good. Just needs 1 leach line for a 3 bedroom home.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
Oh, and the working on your car ordinance is in Sacramento. You can now only do general maintenance on the vehicle. No engine swaps in the street!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2019, 09:39:58 PM »
It was presented as it included working on things in your garage too.  Not just the street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 13, 2019, 01:25:01 AM »
Don't believe they can control that. Driveway and street yes, like your trashcans and lawns. But in your domain might be a 4th amendment issue.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2019, 01:26:40 AM »
Anyway, when I got to the place this time all was good. But everything was covered with tracts. I remembered to setup the camera this time so we might see.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2019, 07:10:03 PM »
People tracks or humans?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2019, 07:18:28 PM »
Not human, just like H

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »
Just reread my post..the first word was supposed to be animal.  Lol

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2019, 08:50:32 PM »
H counts for 1, maybe both, you decide,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My New Land "Raptor Ridge"
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2019, 02:34:20 PM »
Got an extension for the for the issues since I am working on the permit.

Ordered a new susp/swivel seat for the kub.

Home alone this week, everyone at camp. Hopefully get a few things done without complaints.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 22, 2019, 05:05:57 PM »
Raptor Ridge?

Find a fossil?

(Other than U? ;-)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 22, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »
No, although I believe I count now at 61. Was feeling it at Scout camp, need to work on that.

Asked for possible names the first time we all were up there. Youngest spit it out in seconds, seems to fit. Name of the original road too, he had no idea.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2019, 10:28:22 PM »
Guys, hopefully get my permit in this week or next. Will have a lot of cutting in and moving to do. Nieghbors tell me there is some big stuff under there.

Thinking of renting/borrowing something a little bigger to get the bulk done. Say minimum a SL or even a smaller dozer. There is also a guy nearby who does this type of work for hire, might be an idea too.

Then put the kub to work on the details.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal