Hello Guest

Poll

I have done this before, but not using a poll. Which assault long gun do you perfer?

M4, AR-15, M-16, .556
5 (62.5%)
12 gage shotgun
0 (0%)
M1A/M14 type inc. mini 14 and similiar wood stock "old guns"
2 (25%)
FN/FAL type
0 (0%)
M4/AR-10 style gun in 7.62
1 (12.5%)
AK-47, AK-74 variety
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 03, 2015, 08:31:04 AM

Author Topic: Favorite assault weapon  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Favorite assault weapon
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »
I have carried the M4 in all the recent wars and used it. I have also been on the receiving end of that punishing AK-47 and seen first hand what it did to our guys and equipment. I am no infantryman and therefore will only engage if I have no options, and a 12 gage is pretty good at cleaning up situations quickly, so, there are many factors to consider...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite assault weapon
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »
M4 platform mainly due to familiarity brought on by use.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »
I voted the .223/.556 platform because of available ammo (before and after shtf), decent range, the size (able to store and carry much more than say a 12 gauge), and cost.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
M4 platform mainly due to familiarity brought on by use.
Did you vote?
Poll shows 2 votes, but it looks like three of us voted
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »
No, Can't figure that part out.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 04:53:58 PM »
My reply based upon NO first hand knowledge other than supposition - AR10 as I'm more of a fan of "one and done" and the ability to reach out further than what I might face coming at me.  Same rational as to why my CCW is  .45 ACP - connect with center mass and the target isn't going to still be standing. 
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »
First hand I have found the 14.5" AR platform to be the most versatile in the arsenal. I like the fact I can get plenty of speed out of the longer barrel while maintaining the ability to effectively engage targets from the seat of any vehicle. An inch longer and I wouldn't be able to do that. The 14.5 means no tax stamp or registration like an SBR would require but maintains itself as an effective CQB rifle. The report is not distinguishable from a 16 or even 18 inch rifle from behind the gun. The 10" is quite loud and obnoxious  in my experience when not suppressed obviously. As far as experience hunting humans goes, the .556 has been pretty effective no matter what the Internet forums and fanboys think they know! A properly built AR will out perform a substandard built AK... Just like a properly built AK will out perform a substandard built AR... There's no reason two properly built weapons can't live and fight together in the same AO! The primary issue of any weapons system is the ego of the operator!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 06:13:14 PM »
On an unrelated note, I like when guys aren't afraid to use the term "assault weapon"... It pisses me off to no end when "pro 2A" jerk offs get all bent when you say assault weapon like its a dirty non politically correct word... Weapons are for assaulting and defense plain and simple! Secondary and tertiary to that they are for sporting and hunting! If the NRA would get off the sporting and hunting band wagon when talking to the media and come out and say why we REALLY aren't going to give up our guns, I'd prolly pledge my membership... Until then my monthly dues will go to beans and bullets.

Edit- obviously not saying pro 2A people are jerk offs... Just the ones who cite sporting and hunting! :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:18:20 PM by Higher Caliber »
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal