FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

LZ Bravo Echo Echo is ready. Early arrivals

<< < (2/7) > >>

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: rpar86 on May 02, 2017, 04:39:28 PM ---You've got some big stones, Stewie.... walking up and handling the swarm like that. Props man...

--- End quote ---
I'm with you Ryan.
I'd appreciate the fresh honey.

However, comma, Wilbur and me have the same approach angle...

TexasRedNeck:
Cool.

Stewie, I was cutting a new trail through the woods and found a huge colony in a hollow tree. I guess they weren't Africanized since I didn't get lit up as I motored by throwing up dust and debris.

How might one go about utilizing those bees for honey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewie:
i put the swarm into a landstroth deep today. they WERE PISSED OFF. i was stung once. only protection was gloves and glasses. they seem to have taken to the box as of this evening with a constant flow to/from the sugar water. We have a lot of wildflowers around still so i expect them to venture out tomorrow. i had to macgyver the top and bottom for a few days until i can get to a supplier for the proper gear. the entrance was a little marvel, and it worked!!!!

i was able to get uber close but there were times they chased me a good 40 feet from the box.

i got the queen - which was the key.

this swarm was a gift from God. i am so excited. I pray they do well.

right after i put them in:

after they calmed down:

hittin the bottle hard:

--- Quote from: rpar86 on May 02, 2017, 04:39:28 PM ---You've got some big stones, Stewie.... walking up and handling the swarm like that. Props man...

--- End quote ---

fortune favors the brave.

stewie:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on May 02, 2017, 06:14:23 PM ---Cool.

Stewie, I was cutting a new trail through the woods and found a huge colony in a hollow tree. I guess they weren't Africanized since I didn't get lit up as I motored by throwing up dust and debris.

How might one go about utilizing those bees for honey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

um, thats a tough one. you may wanna get a service to help move the hive. When i get more experience i can certainly come out there and help you!
i do have a friend who can help. he's out of Milam county. message me if you want his info.

Wilbur:
I think what you're doing is really cool. And cool about the jar of sweetener keeping them close and content.

I read a story once somewhere (completely forget where now) about a guy who stole someone's honey and hid it in the loft of his barn. Someone snuck in and opened a window in the loft and cracked the honey barrels. Bees stole it all in a day or two. The guy who had done the stealing thought he had pulled one over on the bee owner....but the bees got him back. They are cool animals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version